Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

16 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

There is nothing more ironic than a school that has tried to brute force solve all of their problems through willingness to spend more than everyone else lecturing someone on the receiving end of those efforts about chasing money.  That's hilarious.

I think where aggy truly erred was not spending big on the 2021 (9th in 247 class rankings) and 2023 (10th in 247 class rankings) classes. And Jimbo just not engaging with the portal. Blowing your bankroll on a single class doesn't work. While a great class, the 2022 class had some gaping holes. Namely offensive line. 

Much like the NFL draft, it's nearly impossible to address all your team needs in a single cycle. Bobby and Gerry have always pointed to 3 consecutive top 5 classes as the key barometer to building a national championship roster. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

There is nothing more ironic than a school that has tried to brute force solve all of their problems through willingness to spend more than everyone else lecturing someone on the receiving end of those efforts about chasing money.  That's hilarious.

Why do players ask that we respect their decision? It puzzles me. Why should we respect (or disrespect, for that matter) a decision made by a 20-year-old to go to another school? What does it even mean, to "respect" a decision? So many questions.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Haha. So true. And they’re such POS liars none of them will admit it. Fuck them. Merry Christmas to me ha. 😂

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Haha. So true. And they’re such POS liars none of them will admit it. Fuck them. Merry Christmas to me ha. 😂

As long as he's chasing aggy's money, he's all good.  When they have to spend $90M to change coaching staffs so the well is running a little dry, he's a disloyal mercenary for looking elsewhere.

What's worse is I'm not sure they can even see it for what it obviously is.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

What are the sharks for?

"The Elko Grind..." Aggies really are beyond satire.

Yeah, take 'em down to Junction, you fucking weirdos. That's the ticket. 

Shark story...

https://www.redcuprebellion.com/2018/8/14/17675796/ole-miss-shark-mascot-landshark-tony-fein-marshall-henderson

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

That moron actually thought any of those purchased players went there for a school ring?   Wow   

Recall Bjork's ill-advised announcement how, for all practical purposes, coaches would have to come and earn the honor of coaching at Texas A&M University. They believe the shit they say. It's a very special place that anyone who would bother to get to know would immediately want to be part of it.

No, Nolen wasn't a red-ass Texags Corps Aggie as they all thought him to be. Nuts.

I also wrote about another of their burn outs, the guy who raced around the parking lots and went to LSU where he's been kicked off the team. Aggies talk about him in the same way. They have no accountability for their choice to  invite and pay these players and then strut around because they have them on their team. History starts when they become bad Ags.

What an implosion. I hope Gundy runs their sorry asses off the field. He's probably the coach they should have paid big bucks to.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

42 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Recall Bjork's ill-advised announcement how, for all practical purposes, coaches would have to come and earn the honor of coaching at Texas A&M University. They believe the shit they say. It's a very special place that anyone who would bother to get to know would immediately want to be part of it.

No, Nolen wasn't a red-ass Texags Corps Aggie as they all thought him to be. Nuts.

I also wrote about another of their burn outs, the guy who raced around the parking lots and went to LSU where he's been kicked off the team. Aggies talk about him in the same way. They have no accountability for their choice to  invite and pay these players and then strut around because they have them on their team. History starts when they become bad Ags.

What an implosion. I hope Gundy runs their sorry asses off the field. He's probably the coach they should have paid big bucks to.

Yep. They really think their football players are motivated by intense love for their cult. So, of course Walter Nolen would want to shape the entire rest of his life around Aggy identity fetishes. 

Here in the real world, we know players choose their college based on a lot of different factors, many of which vary drastically from that of the typical student. The most you can typically hope for is that they turn into good players who feel basically positive about their development, their coaches, and their teammates. I don't expect Texas players to either love the university with all their hearts or sacrifice what they perceive as their own self-interest to it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I am predicting that Kiffin has armed the death star and he's going to be a pain in the ass in the SEC next year.

Allegedly Ole Miss is all in on 2024 because they don't have to play Bama, relatively easy schedule, and the playoffs expanding to 12 teams. The SEC should have cuffed them good for that bullshit OOC schedule, but they didn't. Lose to Georgia, split LSU and OU and they're in. 

This isn't sustainable. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

Aggy logic: "We have more money than anyone else, so we can get any blue chip we want."

The bluechip portals to another place who probably offered him more money.

Aggy logic: "He was after money and never really loved our university. Fuck that guy."

The only way that class was going to stick was if they had won big immediately. Who didn't see this coming?

Overall conclusion: "College football has been ruined by the tool we joyfully employed in hopes of being better than average."

Aggie timelines start at the moment of perceived victimhood.

• Hook 'Em 6

20 hours ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

I’ll just put this here

IMG_0159.thumb.jpeg.599e619357062033c1f4e5ed6a8c11b7.jpeg

image.gif.7ae4fc48ea77897363b1f9a09303f8b4.gif

image.thumb.jpeg.c6ce437fd708d49f409cc8a4ed556f59.jpeg
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

20 hours ago, texifornia said:

An alum achieved a significant career milestone? Time to fondly remember that time he was a dick to gay people in college!

The cherry on top for me was I was there and laughing my ass off with some aggy friends and my fiancé. I watched Slocum snatch that microphone away from him so fast that I bet he still has burn marks. 😂

I looked at my friends and told them none of this “hullabaloo” meant a fucking thing because Ricky was going to win the heisman and run all over that defense. He did, and he did. 🤘🏼

Also, later that night, drunk as hell and eating a late night snack at Bryan’s Wafflehouse, I watched an old lady in the smoking section cut her CFS, take a drag of her fresh lit ’rette, eat a bite of the CFS, and while chewing blow out the smoke. 🤢

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

If you're keeping score at home: 

Brauninger wants the following rule changes : 

- Limit transfers to HC changes or graduate transfers only. 

- Players can't access NIL money until December of their junior season. 

David Nino and Looch want the following rulle changes : 

- No early signing period. 

Recruits should be asking a lot of questions during the TexAgs 12th Man Foundation Texas Aggies NIL presentations. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 12/23/2023 at 9:34 AM, bad_teammate said:

fixed

Man, I’m just laying in bed reading this now on Christmas night. My kids and Mrs DL are all fast asleep and I’m enjoying some me time after probably the best Christmas Day I’ve ever had. I read this and lose my shit nearly waking the poor lady next to me.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1