Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

4 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

This is just amazing. We've had scoreboard on them for 13 years running, and yet they have somehow dominated us on the field. 

IMG_1085.jpeg.92bab44fd50202c68bb52d6c10d0b36c.jpeg

Ah. 2-3 years now? Not next year? 

My aggy friend thinks they’re going to be a top 5 team by years end. I just texted back “yeah well we’ll see….” Wasn’t in the mood for aggy mental gymnastics. 

2 hours ago, Mikey4 said:

This is just amazing. We've had scoreboard on them for 13 years running, and yet they have somehow dominated us on the field. 

IMG_1085.jpeg.92bab44fd50202c68bb52d6c10d0b36c.jpeg

I think there were maybe 3 seasons since they joined that I would have been genuinely concerned to play them. They haven’t dominated shit.

19 minutes ago, SeattleHorn said:

What are the odds that after Texas puts up a good record in 2024 we start hearing the phrase "Old SEC" to refer to that mythically glorious period between 2012 and 2023?

Well, obviously a 14 team SEC is much stronger than the watered-down 16-team SEC with Texas & OU.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Who in the holy fuck thought that this would EVER be a good idea? It sends SO many wrong messages and reeks of John Sharp. It's worse than their initial SEC commercial. Just atrocious and atrociously designed. God damn, those fuckers need to get a life, starting with a real identity of their own. I mean, it's their only hope of ever accompliishing anything of note not involving "inventing" maroon vegetables (that began their existance as maroon until we selectively bred them to be orange because orange will ALWAYS be more marketable than maroon, anyway)

So of course, it will never happen. I'll bet they just claim credit for "inventing" maroon beets or something. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, campcrunk said:

Who in the holy fuck thought that this would EVER be a good idea? It sends SO many wrong messages and reeks of John Sharp. It's worse than their initial SEC commercial. Just atrocious and atrociously designed. God damn, those fuckers need to get a life, starting with a real identity of their own. I mean, it's their only hope of ever accompliishing anything of note not involving "inventing" maroon vegetables (that began their existance as maroon until we selectively bred them to be orange because orange will ALWAYS be more marketable than maroon, anyway)

So of course, it will never happen. I'll bet they just claim credit for "inventing" maroon beets or something. 

I think that’s a private mascot from one of their clothing stores, like Aggie Outfitters or similar. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, EastTexan said:

When did aggy post a 13-0 record?

Not their record. It’s the score of a game they win against us and, allegedly, branded into our mascot. They claimed it’s named Bevo because we modified the 13 - 0 to read BEVO. 

Edited by Xminus6

21 minutes ago, EastTexan said:

Oh I know their bull shit. 

One popular theory is that Cadets from Texas A&M stole the mascot to brand 13 – 0, which was the score the Aggies had won by the year before. Faced with that dilemma some UT student suggested combining the 1 and 3 to create a B, made an E out of the -, added a V, kept the 0 to create BEVO.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bevo_(mascot)

27 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

One popular theory is that Cadets from Texas A&M stole the mascot to brand 13 – 0, which was the score the Aggies had won by the year before. Faced with that dilemma some UT student suggested combining the 1 and 3 to create a B, made an E out of the -, added a V, kept the 0 to create BEVO.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bevo_(mascot)

https://www.texasexes.org/about-us/history-and-traditions/truth-about-bevo

tl;dr - The mascot was named Bevo before the 13 - 0 branding. The brand was never changed from 13 - 0 to BEVO. Texas A&M did not steal the mascot.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, AP101S said:

https://www.texasexes.org/about-us/history-and-traditions/truth-about-bevo

tl;dr - The mascot was named Bevo before the 13 - 0 branding. The brand was never changed from 13 - 0 to BEVO. Texas A&M did not steal the mascot.

Yes we know it’s literally in the wiki article I posted (I didn’t quote the whole thing) it’s also why I said this…

1 hour ago, TKthunder2 said:

You don’t know enough of the aggy bullshit lore and fairytales.

Just was explaining why aggy put 13-0 on the dumb mascot.

3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Sorry. Not enough SEC.

littlebrother12.thumb.jpg.3bf3aa54e8ec9697bd83de960d4bd38b.jpg

Everytime I see this, I see how pathetic Aggies are. Does any other school anywhere or even a hometown curio shop have an opponent's mascot in full costume? It's unthinkable anywhere else because no other rivals have a party that has declared jihad and is identified by that jihad.

You might think that we created the mascot below as satire:

spacer.png

But no, they created that idiotic thing, too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Everytime I see this, I see how pathetic Aggies are. Does any other school anywhere or even a hometown curio shop have an opponent's mascot in full costume? It's unthinkable anywhere else because no other rivals have a party that has declared jihad and is identified by that jihad.

spacer.png

He should apply here:

image.thumb.png.00afc181d0bcfb97ae60f761d8f95251.png

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

spacer.png

Scared Baby GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

I think this is what he was actually wearing. Maroon blazer. Check. Many regrets. Check.

image.thumb.png.dc3fc1937b89de826a742460b64392d0.png

You misspelled maroon muumuu. 

Posted (edited)

image.png.ea728c37d759e55330fcc4de3733a532.png

image.png.f12612839cd91973084e3aa886e9e117.png

Faxinating.

image.png.99dd2e8be1bf9e9076c2094c2586fa47.png

Uh...

image.png.61a00f0b400c3dca0904c1f4a4582ecf.png

image.png.e5d5ba6a89661f84b21a5ebac73189fa.png

image.png.6731c770682ed52badd00d2affb00976.png

image.png.a55d0d013b620ca72e1e28130217738b.png

Bottom feeders, I tell you! That guy has no creditability! I went to college!

image.png.c4f45ab7708b1c4f33bdb6c71048aba0.png

Of course, the Aggies fall under "other than bottom feeders."

image.png.587e30904fc2865a1b327903294fa8af.png

Stop sucking, dumbass. Yes, when you're so sorry that you are barely ranked or not ranked, a lot of the teams you face will be ranked higher than you. You will no doubt struggle more with your schedule than we will with ours. Miss State, Michigan State, and Arizona State all feel your pain.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

image.thumb.png.2be75d7be7eafc7fee5afbde14072c73.pngimage.thumb.png.0dd790f906369b59be220286cc37c470.pngimage.thumb.png.83dc600eeebb31cd7dde5ed832ae8049.pngimage.thumb.png.826224079fe54343d60122aa0a075790.png

Don't schedule FCS schools and people might respect your schedule a little bit more.

Of course that guy doesn't mention that we play Michigan in Ann Arbor.  Michigan.  The team that just won the national championship.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Plorant said:

Of course that guy doesn't mention that we play Michigan in Ann Arbor.  Michigan.  The team that just won the national championship.  

“Of course they get a Michigan team that lost 35 starters.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

IMG_7212.thumb.jpeg.b02c430c5109edf45560f2bcb032e3ce.jpeg

If the author’s methodology (which I haven’t taken the time to try to understand) concludes something that is different than my completely biased preconceived expectation, then they lose all credibility! 

ahem..... "creditablity" my good sir.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4