Hawkeye - Disney+ Marvel Show

mdmost

Premieres November 24th. Probably another show that really doesn't need to happen and won't be in the same vein as WandaVision and Loki. But it's Marvel so we'll all watch

Spoiler

Based on the post credit from Black Widow, Yelena will show up in this to "get revenge (???)". Eh, more Florence Pugh isn't a bad thing. 

Edited by mdmost

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Light hearted fun, although I'm tired of the 120 lb female kicking the shit out of men twice her size trope.

It is kind of funny.  But then again, I watched shows as a kid where little kids with martial arts were fighting numerous fully grown adults and winning.  

Also funny is how bows have not draw weight, and no one ever tires from shooting them.  Medieval skeletons of archers displayed asymmetry due to the rigors of this profession, but in modern films, every bow has about a 5 lb pull it seems.  

51 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

Which is at least better than the middle aged overweight Queen Latifa wrecking shop on the Equalizer.

is that load of shit still on?  

58 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

Which is at least better than the middle aged overweight Queen Latifa wrecking shop on the Equalizer.

I don't know. I feel like Queen Latifah could probably whip my ass. Hailee doesn't stand a chance (although I'd let her).

It was enjoyable but I wasn’t sure what to expect.  Wanda was pretty creative story and Loki was…complicated.  This one just seems like some goofy,action, buddy sitcom on Disney.  I kinda expected something that goes darker and more brutal…but that’s not where it’s headed.

I saw an interview w Renner and he described it as him trying to get home for xmas and stuff keeps delaying him.  

Still in bc Marvel…

58 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Liked it.  Feel like the Track Suit Mafia is stealing liberally from the Chechens on Barry, though.  

They are fairly new - from 2011 or 2012, but it's one of those little groups that most viewers would have never known about.  Marvel does a fairly decent job of bringing in these minor groups/characters.

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Just for the record, she is not petite.  Renner is only an inch taller than she is.

Hawkeye-Hailee-Steinfeld-Kate-Bishop-Fir

Hailee-Steinfeld-Jeremy-Renner-Hawkeye-L

She’s beautiful. Relatable. Down to earth. Im glad they cast her. But how much do you think you Steinfeld weighs? 130 max after a Thanksgiving would be my guess. She’s not beating the shit out of 8 Russian guys weighing in well over 1700 pounds. The math just doesn’t work. 

14 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

She’s beautiful. Relatable. Down to earth. Im glad they cast her. But how much do you think you Steinfeld weighs? 130 max after a Thanksgiving would be my guess. She’s not beating the shit out of 8 Russian guys weighing in well over 1700 pounds. The math just doesn’t work. 

I think she's a little bigger than that, but it's a comic book movie, and Black Widow is far worse (Scarlett is only 5-foot-3).

I was actually surprised she was close to Renner's height, because while she may have done other movies, the only other one I've seen her in is True Grit, so I kind of still had that image of her.

13 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Superhero movies require a moderate suspension of disbelief. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Is this the first time some of yall have seen a fictional movie?  Some of yall need to leave physics, math, science at the door when watching COMIC BOOK SUPERHERO movies.  Sounds like lil kids asking questions. 

Sure I wish they cast someone different, but we gotta roll with her being a hawkeye also. 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 11/27/2021 at 1:46 PM, Rudiger said:

Superhero movies require a moderate suspension of disbelief. 

This. 

Can we also stop having rich billionaires inventing indestructible suits of armor that give you god powers?

Or gamma radiation make you super strong green man?

Or be a hammer wielding god from an entirely different race of humanoid people?

Or have a teenager who can cling to walls create multiple universes that are connected?

It’s a fucking Marvel show. If you can’t suspend belief, don’t watch it.  If the thing that hangs you up is Hailee Stanfield kicking ass, then that says something about you. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

If you’re going into a marvel show expecting it to be realistic, you went in expecting to hate it and wanted your feelings validated so you could score some edgy internet points. 

It’s a fucking TV show on Disney. It’s not a priceless piece of art in the Louvre 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/26/2021 at 10:31 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Dear Marvel, 

Please stop depicting petite Hollywood actresses, without superpowers,  kicking 8 huge dudes’ asses at same time. 

Thanks, 

The Law of Physics 

Professional Boxing 

MMA 

Queen Latifah Fan

f05ac9cec7bfd6191369ec3ecaf710b189483dc1

1200x0.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

16 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

It’s a superhero show. Jesus . Her character allegedly is a state champion martial artist and expert archer. This isn’t a stretch.

Yes she is supposed to be athletic so just don't show her running and we can keep that charade going. Show a full body shot of her running and you lose all credibility of her being able to kick some 250lb russian dudes ass.

2 minutes ago, veritas aequitas said:

Yes she is supposed to be athletic so just don't show her running and we can keep that charade going. Show a full body shot of her running and you lose all credibility of her being able to kick some 250lb russian dudes ass.

If you survived Tim Robbins obvious inability to throw a baseball n Bull Durham, you’ll live through this.

Yeah, they should really make the fight scenes more realistic, like other movies where dudes are knocked unconscious by a single punch and the other guy's hand is always fine. And when he takes punches himself, it never knocks him unconscious. At worse, he gets tired then pulls a Hulk Hogan and starts punching other guys unconscious with single blows again. They also need more realistic guns where the bad guys never are within a foot of the hero but the hero hits every bad guy with a single shot.

The rest has been covered. The physics of Stark's suits alone should tell you to suspend belief by just a little bit in this universe.

Edited by 'stache

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

Yeah, they should really make the fight scenes more realistic, like other movies where dudes are knocked unconscious by a single punch and the other guy's hand is always fine and the punches he takes from multiple foes but never goes unconscious and just as you think he is pulls a Hulk Hogan and starts punching other guys unconscious with single blows.

Tyson Fury does a pretty good imitation of that