Hawkeye - Disney+ Marvel Show

mdmost

23 minutes ago, huge said:

It was her watch. She was a shield agent and the watch linked her to that.

Yeah, for this show, it was a reason for him to want to find it to keep his wife and kids off the radar. I don’t think they were setting up anything, but it wa s also a nod to Mockingbird - a comic shield agent and Hawkeye love interest. 

These Disney+ shows all feel too short to me (6 or 7 episodes). I’m always left wanting a few more, which is probably their goal, but if special effects and editing is what takes so much time, as a fan I’d accept less of that for a few more episodes. Normal tv can crank out 22 episodes a season, and we wait two years for 6. This was especially true for WandaVision and Loki. 

8 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

These Disney+ shows all feel too short to me (6 or 7 episodes). I’m always left wanting a few more, which is probably their goal, but if special effects and editing is what takes so much time, as a fan I’d accept less of that for a few more episodes. Normal tv can crank out 22 episodes a season, and we wait two years for 6. This was especially true for WandaVision and Loki. 

Normal TV? You mean network TV? Mostly everyone else (cable and streaming) are doing 8-10 per season. 

7 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I think they learned with the Netflix series they did that any more than 7 has to include too much filler.  Every season of the 4 different shows always dragged in the middle because 10+ episodes was too long for the story arcs.

They should hire better writers then. They make a billion dollars a year off Marvel. 

8 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Why did Yelena tell Kate her mother hired her instead of Contessa? She never lied about anything else. 

she wasn't lying. Val is her boss and Kate hired her through Val (on orders from Kingpin). 

Kingpin -> Mama -> Val -> Yelana

another possible angle:

Spoiler

Val manipulated Kingpin to get him to hire Yelana in order to eliminate Hawkeye. 

Edited by The Dog

Loved it, unexpectedly, because I never understood Hawkeye. Only real observation is that the actress that plays Kate seemed to be trying too hard to play a younger character. Still am a big fan of hers now though. And yeah Yelena is incredible, the actress, the character, I’m all in. 

The post credit scene is incredible, lol. I laughed for 20 minutes straight during and after. My wife thinks I’m a lunatic, but the cheesiness was over fucking whelming. So on point and hilarious, I’m still chuckling.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, 'stache said:

Loved it, unexpectedly, because I never understood Hawkeye. Only real observation is that the actress that plays Kate seemed to be trying too hard to play a younger character. Still am a big fan of hers now though. And yeah Yelena is incredible, the actress, the character, I’m all in. 

The post credit scene is incredible, lol. I laughed for 20 minutes straight during and after. My wife thinks I’m a lunatic, but the cheesiness was over fucking whelming. So on point and hilarious, I’m still chuckling.

There are current Broadway shows that are more cheesy. 

I loved how they played it straight, and I hope they used actual Broadway actors. I'm sure those folks could use a paycheck. 

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

There are current Broadway shows that are more cheesy. 

I loved how they played it straight, and I hope they used actual Broadway actors. I'm sure those folks could use a paycheck. 

I could totally recognize one of the guys voices as the main guy from the original cast of Rent (yeah I liked that show).  Looked it up and it was Adam Pascal.  Not sure what else he does or has done but his voice sounds the same 25 years later.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, sachick said:

Huge fan of her. She always seems to steal the scene in everything she’s in.

Yelina and Deadpool road trip would be fun.  Written by Bill Burr, Anthony Jeselnik, Samantha Bee, Nikki Glaser.  

Edited by Nivek
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

On 12/24/2021 at 8:57 AM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I could totally recognize one of the guys voices as the main guy from the original cast of Rent (yeah I liked that show).  Looked it up and it was Adam Pascal.  Not sure what else he does or has done but his voice sounds the same 25 years later.

Yep.  His voice is distinctive. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2021 at 6:19 PM, Nivek said:

Yelina and Deadpool road trip would be fun.  Written by Bill Burr, Anthony Jeselnik, Samantha Bee, Nikki Glaser.  

think i said that in the  black widow thread

the musical number "and hawkeye seems like a swell guy" had me rolling.  should have commandeered the TV at my parents' for christmas and watched this instead of yet another episode of the food channel / hgtv bullshit

7 hours ago, elfenix said:

think i said that in the  black widow thread

the musical number "and hawkeye seems like a swell guy" had me rolling.  should have commandeered the TV at my parents' for christmas and watched this instead of yet another episode of the food channel / hgtv bullshit

oh i fucking love fingerling potatoes!

• Rage+1 1

• 11 months later...