2021 Fall Camp Thread - Bend Over & I’ll Continue Showing You

BurntOrange&White

12 minutes ago, YeeYeeCTE said:

The only things I remember listed as strengths were the DLine, WRs (3 play in the NFL), and at times the QB

I mean, at one point they said with a straight face that our 2017 Oline was better than 2014 Ohio State.  Goodbye credibility with that one.  Between that and bending over for Maryland in the first game, it’s hard to believe that I fell for their shit at the time. What can I say, I love kool-aid.

Edited by Darth Tron
Autocorrect
  • Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, YeeYeeCTE said:

Go back and look at reports from fall camp for the last 3 years. Any time a thing is labeled as an issue it became a glaring problem throughout the season.

Tom Herman is not walking through that door.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Brockermeyer with the pick. This is a recurring theme. I assume this is not the only thing he does. My guess is he knows how to play football.

Let’s do some more handwringing though that the walk on may get some playing time.

Would you say that Brockermeyer is... like... "a coach on the field"?

I heard our defense is elite.  Fuck the naysayers.

I wonder if it’s a negative to have our offense practice against a defense that is almost unlike any other defense in our conference. The only one that comes close is Patterson’s, maybe Aranda’s but I don’t know anything about his style

I think it'll take about the first month/4 games for the offense to get going.  Defense IMO will be good enough to carry us through that stretch.  None of the offenses/QB's we'll face the first four games are that great.  PK will keep us in the opening two games.  By TCU/OU Sark will have it going at that point.  Show me a loss.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

I wonder if it’s a negative to have our offense practice against a defense that is almost unlike any other defense in our conference. The only one that comes close is Patterson’s, maybe Aranda’s but I don’t know anything about his style

When the actual install for Louisiana begins, we’ll practice against a scout team defense running the Cajuns scheme. We can’t ask our overall defense to run a different style just because it may be an outlier from the rest of the conference. They are learning Kwiatkowski’s system for the first time as well. 

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

When the actual install for Louisiana begins, we’ll practice against a scout team defense running the Cajuns scheme. We can’t ask our overall defense to run a different style just because it may an outlier from the rest of the conference. They are learning Kwiatkowski’s system for the first time as well. 

I’m sure it’s just weird for our guys to install an offensive system based heavily on reading linebackers against a defensive scheme that has an unusual number of them

We’ve had sunshine pumped up our ass for the past 12 years about how great we look and we’re the underwear Olympic champions, only to suck. I’d like to think this staff is truly making practice more physically and mentally taxing so that the games are a breeze because we are so well prepared… might be wishful thinking and I know we have deficiencies, but it’s definitely not time to hit the panic button.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Ill say this, i didn't leave smiling. It wasnt just two pics by Casey but two unexcuseable picks by Casey.  I was surprised how much work we need on offense.  Card looked more relaxed. Defense is better than I anticipated.  I am pleased didn't sugar coat it.  We need work.

Ok, so it’s clear you were there. When do we get the Roll Left $9.95 Humidor?

5 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Brockermeyer with the pick. This is a recurring theme. I assume this is not the only thing he does. My guess is he knows how to play football.

Let’s do some more handwringing though that the walk on may get some playing time.

Maybe Brock should be playing receiver.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I think it'll take about the first month/4 games for the offense to get going.  Defense IMO will be good enough to carry us through that stretch.  None of the offenses/QB's we'll face the first four games are that great.  PK will keep us in the opening two games.  By TCU/OU Sark will have it going at that point.  Show me a loss.

Also, the offense is going to look much different in games than scrimmages. 

Everyone knows the offense is likely going to be very dependent on Bijan (especially early in the season). Sounds like he only had 5 carries in today's scrimmage and that's going to be around 20-30 in games. 

When you're trying to protect your best player on an offense with growing pains it exacerbates the problems. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

Everyone knows the offense is likely going to be very dependent on Bijan (especially early in the season). Sounds like he only had 5 carries in today's scrimmage and that's going to be around 20-30 in games. 

When you're trying to protect your best player on an offense with growing pains it exacerbates the problems. 

Also Jake Majors won’t be playing against Coburn every week. So that’s good. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

There’s some wisdom here. The Titans are going to look like shit if Derrick Henry takes 5 carries. 

• Like 1

so ....Casey throws 2 picks.....Card throws one that should have been picked......using Surley logic, I got out of this that Casey is careless and Card throws uncatchable balls.....doom!
Exactly..its gone from show me a loss to looking at maybe Rice as our only win.
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Ill say this, i didn't leave smiling. It wasnt just two pics by Casey but two unexcuseable picks by Casey.  I was surprised how much work we need on offense.  Card looked more relaxed. Defense is better than I anticipated.  I am pleased Sark didn't sugar coat it.  We need work.

Sir could you elaborate?

39 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Who on the schedule has a DT group the likes of Coburn, Ojomo, Sweat, Collins, Broughton, Murphy that our OL will face this year?  Certainly not ULALA, Tech, or Arky.

OU (sucks) should have a good defensive line (but not a group that deep at DT). Thankfully, reports have been that Flood actually works on picking up stunts.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

OU (sucks) should have a good defensive line (but not a group that deep at DT). Thankfully, reports have been that Flood actually works on picking up stunts.

I'm just praying the D coordinator can stuff fucking GT pull. They run the same shit every year running and it burns us always.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

49 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Ill say this, i didn't leave smiling. It wasnt just two pics by Casey but two unexcuseable picks by Casey.  I was surprised how much work we need on offense.  Card looked more relaxed. Defense is better than I anticipated.  I am pleased Sark didn't sugar coat it.  We need work.

I rewatched the Orange and White game while waiting for scrimmage reports to filter out. There is a reason so many are on the Card wagon. Time in the program to mistakes made in that game ratio heavy favor Card.