Game Week- Louisiana

Wulaw Horn

32 points is a weird configuration. Not sure how we land there, but I'd accept that if it means an inspired effort by the Cajun defense made Texas earn their points on long, time consuming drives.

I'm hoping for better than 26 honest points against PK's defense. We've written a lot about our offensive weapons and production, but I believe this defense can be special. I also believe it will be really hard to tell what's going on. That's not a bug. It's a feature. The opposing QB won't likely be able to figure it out, either.

37 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I want to thank each and every one of you in advance who are going to this game and roasting your nuts surrounded by concrete and metal so I can sit in my 70 degree home and watch it. My comfort and convenience would not be possible without your suffering. I salute you

You'll be listening to Brando, so you're suffering will be worse than deez roasted nutz. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

32 points is a weird configuration. Not sure how we land there, but I'd accept that if it means an inspired effort by the Cajun defense made Texas earn their points on long, time consuming drives.

He isn't picking actual final scores, it's just the model running the numbers and giving an over/under for each team basically. Obviously not everyone is going to score between 21 and 39 points - it's more akin to "play the game 100 times and this is team x and team y's average point totals".

• Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I want to thank each and every one of you in advance who are going to this game and roasting your nuts surrounded by concrete and metal so I can sit in my 70 degree home and watch it. My comfort and convenience would not be possible without your suffering. I salute you

Thermostat set to 70 degrees !!! nice humble brag there  

Yes even though PK will keep it closer to 20. From a national perspective we need to save the offensive explosion for Arky and get all the SEC mouth breathers to start bending the knee a year early
Won't happen, they're already starting the piggie sucks excuses

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He isn't picking actual final scores, it's just the model running the numbers and giving an over/under for each team basically. Obviously not everyone is going to score between 21 and 39 points - it's more akin to "play the game 100 times and this is team x and team y's average point totals".

Heh. True.

However, your model has to agree with reality, otherwise you get things like "everyone in the world has 3/10 of a testicle".

On 8/31/2021 at 12:19 PM, stork642 said:

SiriusXM espn is really pushing the LaLa upset narrative but I don’t think they really believe it.  After Texas wins they will push the Texas is back narrative.  So predictable.  

Was it the dynamically stupid duo of Neuheisel and Childers. Still remember 3 years ago when Texas thumped USC and TCU lost to Ohio State. There take on the two games was Texas and USC didn't have the speed of TCU/Ohio State. Texas then went out the next week and beat TCU by 2 scores with Humphrey and Johnson running through TCU's secondary.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

You are welcome!  I am so hyped for this game.  I could care less about the heat.  My recommendation to anyone who is going to the game to wear a bucket hat like this one.  I think wearing this hat is the only reason I never feel like ass after a game from the heat.  

Titleist Men's Tour Aussie White/Black : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry -  Amazon.com

• Like 1

I know ULALA played a lot of scrub ass teams in close games last year so it's easy to dismiss them, but there is something to be said for a team that consistently wins close games. Knowing how to win absolutely means something in college football and most importantly, their faith in themselves is not likely to be easily shaken. They aren't going to roll over after the first punch in the mouth. With their experience coming back, they also should be better across the board than they were last year. They are going to be better than what you see on film from last year. Our guys aren't the only ones who get bigger and stronger in the off season. They are well coached and very experienced. They aren't going to beat themselves. I don't think this is an ideal matchup for a team breaking in two new systems on offense and defense. I certainly can understand why people have Texas on upset alert, especially with how many times we have shit the bed over the past 10ish years.

That said, with the exception of QB and one WR, this is a very experienced Texas team. We are bigger, stronger, faster, more talented and deeper. I wish we were opening up with Rice instead, so they have a chance to iron out the kinks on what is a new staff but as long as we don't shoot ourselves in the dick with turnovers or special teams fuck ups, I think it's a comfortable win. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Hell yes. I’m happy if the score is Texas 31 Louisiana 30

is that because WINNING IS HARD?

920x920.jpg

I'm going to be fucking pissed if we don't win by 14+

Just like I was pissed at how we let fucking TULSA hang around with us a few years ago. I lost my voice screaming at Turtle Tom to "FIGURE IT OUT YOU STUPID FUCK ITS TULSA"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Not going because for some stupid reason my wife won't let me bring my 20 month old :/

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes, but if Napier is such a good coach then you'd think he might have tried this newfangled stack the box theory at some point while the Sun Belt was running all over his defense last year.

Are you saying that he didn't do this all last season or that his run defense was still ass?

59 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

You are welcome!  I am so hyped for this game.  I could care less about the heat.  My recommendation to anyone who is going to the game to wear a bucket hat like this one.  I think wearing this hat is the only reason I never feel like ass after a game from the heat.  

Titleist Men's Tour Aussie White/Black : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry -  Amazon.com

Bill Murray Dalai Llama GIF

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Sal said:

This is probably accurate but a bit disappointing 

Anything over 90 is a good turnout in my book. I'm really not blaming folks for sitting this one out. It's going to be hot as shit. Hope we get the ball rolling and fill it up from there on out, though. I'm sure I'll find a game or two to go to.

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

I'm going to be fucking pissed if we don't win by 14+

I'm in the same boat. I'm really tired of one-possession games.  Obviously I'll take a win over a loss, but it would be nice to mudhole a sunbelt team that played close games against shitty competition last year.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

No goat, but I'll slaughter a rooster Saturday morning, just to be sure.

Jobu will be pleased, and even moreso if said rooster is accompanied by a cigar and an ass-pocket of rum.

Damn double post. First one went completely through the "submit" cycle. I thought it was done, it even went back to the "reply to this topic" screen, but didn't jump to the post. I checked, and it was nowhere to be seen.

Edited by Tex Long
Fucking forum software

2 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

Thermostat set to 70 degrees !!! nice humble brag there  

Nah no brag. If we're home during the day the upstairs is at 76 and downstairs 70 or 71. When gone during day bump downstairs to 74. Electricity bill usually around 220 during July/August/September.