Game Week- Louisiana

Wulaw Horn

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

JT: Fourth-string TE since he didn't enroll early, didn't show up in great shape, and didn't really learn how to block in high school. PD: A bust so far.

Isn't he just a Soph?? Saying he's a bust seems to be.................. well..... on par for Surly. 

4 minutes ago, BERT said:

Isn't he just a Soph?? Saying he's a bust seems to be.................. well..... on par for Surly. 

He's not even getting a sniff of guarded hype in offseason reports, and is apparently still too small for his position. You usually hear some kind of praise or mention by now.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

He's not even getting a sniff of guarded hype in offseason reports, and is apparently still too small for his position. You usually hear some kind of praise or mention by now.

Not if you're stuck behind upperclassmen that are better than you so far. Just saying if people don't play as a Frosh or Soph doesn't mean they're a bust. Now if it's the same thing next year for him, then i'll agree with you

59 minutes ago, BERT said:

How about a true Freshman who just showed up on campus a few weeks ago. Unless I'm confused about whom you guys are speaking of, then just ignore me.

image.thumb.png.808e7e49836b924ceeb56f1b3e1e948c.png

Edited by Longhornlove
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Really funny how some of you pick and choose when to believe the shit coming from the $9.95ers. I guess when you need it to support your own dumbass point then what they said or haven't must be gospel.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

How about a true Freshman who just showed up on campus a few weeks ago. Unless I'm confused about whom you guys are speaking of, then just ignore me.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

JT: Fourth-string TE since he didn't enroll early, didn't show up in great shape, and didn't really learn how to block in high school. PD: A bust so far.

1 hour ago, BERT said:

EME4ld0VUAAIhy6.jpg

Sorry if already posted elsewhere, but are they shutting down the Champions Club this season?  My old man and I would hang out there pre-game for the past several years, but he said Champions Club passes didn't come with his season ticket delivery.  I haven't seen anything about it on the UT site, and assume that because of COVID they don't want a bunch of folks in Bass Concert Hall.

And since we don't have a tailgate to attend, any ideas on where to enjoy a few beers before the game, preferably in the shade?

I dont give a fuck what ULL's record was last year, they played a bunch of scrubs. If we're in need of a 4th qtr comeback this Sat (a la Turtle Tom's debut) it won't bode well for my electronics. Not a huge fan of the Sark hire, but I was largely in favor of the Herman hire, so wtf do I know. Sark cant win me over in week 1 , but he can sure as fuck lose me. Probably not fair, but 10+  seasons of dogshit football have taken their toll. Whip some cajun ass Sark. 

7 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

I got a sneaking suspicion that Sark is going to straight up lean on the running game most of the 1st half to grind them to dust, just to utilize teams strengths. Don’t fall into the “All gas, No breaks” head fake of it meaning go 4 verts and sling it, but instead we hammer what we are good at and don’t stop till we are in the end zone.

I worry less about Card on 3 and 2 due to our run game than 3-5 or 7 when we would fail on the 2 screen passes on 1st and 2nd down will Turtle Tom. Dominate on the ground, either with 12 or 22 personnel to begin with and go from there. Hell, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Karjic come in as a TE on a few plays just to emphasize the run game. 

Bijan's 135 yards on 6 carries in the first quarter should make it easier on Card the remainder of the game. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Our lightest O-Line starter is 310lbs. 

We are going to run it down their throats and not stop.

Bijan and Rojo each over 100 yards.

Robinson2 with a 40yd+ run.

We throw it less than 25 times, including at least 5 RB screens that pop off.

Mudhole.

• Hook 'Em 3

To be honest, I'd just like to see a game where we don't kill half our drives with stupid penalties, a competent run game, competent special teams, and the coach not sit back and relax when we're up by one score. That would be ideal. If we can do that, I have no doubt that Texas will win. 

I'm excited to see PK's defense in action. Would be sick to see our D Line feast in the backfield and our DB's actually play like they **want** incomplete passes.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

Sorry if already posted elsewhere, but are they shutting down the Champions Club this season?  My old man and I would hang out there pre-game for the past several years, but he said Champions Club passes didn't come with his season ticket delivery.  I haven't seen anything about it on the UT site, and assume that because of COVID they don't want a bunch of folks in Bass Concert Hall.

And since we don't have a tailgate to attend, any ideas on where to enjoy a few beers before the game, preferably in the shade?

Just received an email (as did your dad probably) that the PAC is no longer a space they can use, so it will now be held in the Thompson Conference Center north of the LBJ Library.  Passes will be sent out (assuming electronically) later this week.  Not exactly as convenient as the PAC was.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

good luck with that....I dont think that's how Surly works.....letting it go right over your head generally puts you in ridicule hell for...8 or nine pages....

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

X, looks like they’re calling it Buck on the depth chart.  Weak side edge rusher. I struggle to believe he’s actually running 4th string behind Harris. 

yeah i was looking at the EDGE third stringers and they were Harris and Bush, got a little surprised 

Edited by westexhorn