Game Week- Louisiana

Wulaw Horn

12 hours ago, Dr.Dre said:

Texas wins.  By a lot.  45-7,  Ulala will be preoccupied with weathering cat 4 hurricane along with worrying about friends and family.  Tough hand for them but it is what it is.

if it’s close with that in mind. Hide your wives and your kids.

I don't know.  They got hit by 3 hurricanes last year and were 10-1.  

2 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

Can anyone tell me WTF is up with the official UT Sports App? I can’t find a roster to save my life, and the “latest” page 1 is the Spring Game lineup.

This thing is (and always has been) the biggest piece of shit (unless I’m doing it wrong)
c79611a651d904d2d1b8bb4af21c2989.jpg

roster is there but 2-deep is still from bowl game.  hopefully gets uploaded today.

I keep thinking of what Scipio has been going on about all offseason, that ULL beat ISU last year by press man coverage on the outside. Our receivers under Herman were terrible about getting off the jam at the line. I expect them to have better coaching and Sark to scheme them away from jams through motion, but combined with the new QB it gives me pause about how effective out offense will be on Saturday. Scipio also had ULL as the 3rd most likely loss on our schedule, more due to where we’ll be as a team in the first game than the quality of the opponent. He thinks we should be happy with any win in this game, even a close one. 

I’m a little more optimistic than that, because I do think our defense won’t let us lose this game, but I do expect the offense to struggle a bit out of the gate. I’m going with 27-13. Take the under, and if we go over it’s because our offense is a lot better than I expect it to be and we win in a runaway. 

Edited by Duane Moore
  • Hook 'Em 1

I wanna see Humphrey and Manac make a veal sandwich out this baby. All I keep hearing from these shorthorns is that he was a monster in high schoo,l 4 star recruit, 2nd ranked dual threat QB according to recruiting sites. That's fine but this is big boy time and the kid went 1 of 3 and rushed 4 times for 11 yards last year in mostly mop up duty. These truck nuts for brains think he's the savior and Texas football is back. I'm glad I'm banned from R\cfb. They don't need to hear what I have to say.

I hope the player take the total disrespect our defense is getting and wear it like a chip on their should. It is disrespectful to think a defense that was one of the best in the country last year and return almost everyone on the two deep is gonna lose to a rookie QB and new coach by nine points. Bring it on. Cajuns gonna show the world again that they are overlooking a very good football team just because our player didn't have shiny stars coming out of high school

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/307447-Texas-names-starting-QB?s=ac5dd09e0fedd94357855a4118a4e292

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I don't see anyone saying that we will win this game on Hudson Card's play. People are expecting our defense and RBs to win it, and our QB and WRs to be good enough.

Edit: was responding to those crazy Cajuns thinking Texas fans are expecting Hudson to come in and light up their defense

Edited by Mikey4

22 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I keep thinking of what Scipio has been going on about all offseason, that ULL beat ISU last year by press man coverage on the outside. Our receivers under Herman were terrible about getting off the jam at the line. I expect them to have better coaching and Sark to scheme them away from jams the rough motion, but combined with the new QB it gives me pause about how effective out offense will be on Saturday. Scipio also had ULL as the 3rd most likely loss on our schedule, more due to where we’ll be as a team in the first game than the quality of the opponent. He thinks we should be happy with any win in this game, even a close one. 

I’m a little more optimistic than that, because I do think our defense won’t let us lose this game, but I do expect the offense to struggle a bit out of the gate. I’m going with 27-13. Take the under, and if we go over it’s because our offense is a lot better than I expect it to be and we win in a runaway. 

Offense may be sluggish as far as getting the passing game clicking, but we still have a rushing attack. ULL may have a shit ton of returning starters, but they also were 88th in run defense last year (while facing sun belt OL’s and RB’s). If we can’t establish a ground game vs their rush defense, then we have some pretty big issues. We should be able to dominate LOS on both sides of the ball this game. IMO, this game should be a 17+ victory without our passing game needing to be anything special.

Edited by The Deuce
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, horn4life said:

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

If you are looking up the quote I am laughing.  Could we get the Guillotine... of course.   But we also might seize the day.  I expect a performance on par with optimistic expectations.  I would not be surprised to see us rally from behind.  However.... This is not the shit show that Charlie or Tom inherited. There is a base and a sense of standard.  It will actually be a good test.  Could we shit the bed? Yeah... but I expect a pulling away at the end dominance.

With of course Kirk Herbstreit, later explaining this was a "Easy game and an expected victory.. but a long way from how Ohio State dominated Minnesota a few days before...

So you're saying, "the cake is baked"?

4 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

Can anyone tell me WTF is up with the official UT Sports App? I can’t find a roster to save my life, and the “latest” page 1 is the Spring Game lineup.

This thing is (and always has been) the biggest piece of shit (unless I’m doing it wrong)
c79611a651d904d2d1b8bb4af21c2989.jpg

Hit the menu button (three bars) at the top left to go to the football page

6 minutes ago, Domedriver said:

I expect Sark to put the peddle down and go with 12 Man and feed Bijan all game!

I am hungry for the return of Smash Mouth to Texas🤘

I got a sneaking suspicion that Sark is going to straight up lean on the running game most of the 1st half to grind them to dust, just to utilize teams strengths. Don’t fall into the “All gas, No breaks” head fake of it meaning go 4 verts and sling it, but instead we hammer what we are good at and don’t stop till we are in the end zone.

I worry less about Card on 3 and 2 due to our run game than 3-5 or 7 when we would fail on the 2 screen passes on 1st and 2nd down will Turtle Tom. Dominate on the ground, either with 12 or 22 personnel to begin with and go from there. Hell, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Karjic come in as a TE on a few plays just to emphasize the run game. 

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

They are ghosts, and they're noisy, fussy, making a disturbance. Generally associated with physical occurrences like noises, furniture moving, and such-like.

If they’re going to stick around, would be nice if they would pitch in and cut the grass, wash some dishes, or even run the vacuum once in a while. Fucking freeloading sons of bitches. 

50 minutes ago, The Deuce said:

Offense may be sluggish as far as getting the passing game clicking, but we still have a rushing attack. ULL may have a shit ton of returning starters, but they also were 88th in run defense last year (while facing sun belt OL’s and RB’s). If we can’t establish a ground game vs their rush defense, then we have some pretty big issues. We should be able to dominate LOS on both sides of the ball this game. IMO, this game should be a 17+ victory without our passing game needing to be anything special.

Agree with this and we’re not far off from one another. 30-13 with a dominant TOP is definitely in my range of outcomes and I’d be very happy with it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I got a sneaking suspicion that Sark is going to straight up lean on the running game most of the 1st half to grind them to dust, just to utilize teams strengths. Don’t fall into the “All gas, No breaks” head fake of it meaning go 4 verts and sling it, but instead we hammer what we are good at and don’t stop till we are in the end zone.

I worry less about Card on 3 and 2 due to our run game than 3-5 or 7 when we would fail on the 2 screen passes on 1st and 2nd down will Turtle Tom. Dominate on the ground, either with 12 or 22 personnel to begin with and go from there. Hell, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Karjic come in as a TE on a few plays just to emphasize the run game. 

If the running game is working, there is no reason that they won't take some shots down field with PA.

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This is not the first time I’ve seen 22 broached. I can’t believe people are seriously suggesting that we go with 1 WR in the year of our lord 2021. Mind bottling. 

Hell I would open in a Power I and three Tide Ends/Tackles.  Have Bijan, RoJo and Super K all in the backfield and crush the LaLa’s!

8 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Does the Craig Way call usually sync up with Fox broadcasts? I can't do 3.5 hours of Tim Brando verbally fellating Billy Napier. 

No it's never synced but the good news is that his call is behind the TV feed. So you can pause the game the exact right amount of time to make him in sync.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

I keep thinking of what Scipio has been going on about all offseason [snip] Scipio also had ULL as the 3rd most likely loss on our schedule, more due to where we’ll be as a team in the first game than the quality of the opponent. He thinks we should be happy with any win in this game, even a close one. 

Before you get too caught up in Scipio's prognostications, remember that he had this to say about hiring Charlie Strong:

"This is a decade hire, not a one year hire.  If your attention span only functions in milliseconds, go follow Kim Kardashian on Twitter and watch Skip Bayless.  When we're playing for the national championship four years from now, remember those doubts you had and chuckle at how hard you tried to make it all seem.  This is Texas.  We just hired a kick-ass football coach with a chip on his shoulder the size of a redwood."

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Before you get too caught up in Scipio's prognostications, remember that he had this to say about hiring Charlie Strong:

"This is a decade hire, not a one year hire.  If your attention span only functions in milliseconds, go follow Kim Kardashian on Twitter and watch Skip Bayless.  When we're playing for the national championship four years from now, remember those doubts you had and chuckle at how hard you tried to make it all seem.  This is Texas.  We just hired a kick-ass football coach with a chip on his shoulder the size of a redwood."

lulz

46 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

yikes-gif-4.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2