Game Week- Louisiana

Wulaw Horn

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

The two areas of the greatest failure in our last decade have been on defense and on the offensive line. That is where we have arguably our two best assistant coaches on the staff right now. It won't be perfect, but I expect our line to be substantially improved, especially in pass pro. Our D is going to shut down some teams this year, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit of ULL was one of them. 

Exactly this. If you want to be bad somewhere I’d pick, in order, TE, WR, LB.

Our rooms rated best to worst (IMO) are:

RB, DL, Secondary, OL, QB, TE, LB, WR. 

I’d rather switch RB and QB, but other than that our weaknesses are where you’d want them to be. And honestly, I don’t think TE or LB is a weakness, it’s just not as strong as the other rooms. And there is even a path forward for the WR room to be capable of Sark does work with the scheme. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Exactly this. If you want to be bad somewhere I’d pick, in order, TE, WR, LB.

Our rooms rated beat to worst are:

RB, DL, Secondary, OL, QB, TE, LB, WR. 

I’d rather switch RB and QB, but other than that our weaknesses are where you’d want them to be. And honestly, I don’t think TE or LB is a weakness, it’s just not as strong as the other rooms. And there is even a path forward for the WR room to be capable of Sark does work with the scheme. 

“best”

🤘

I cannot wait. Getting into Austin late Friday night. I’ll probably be unable to sleep because, for me, this is like being a kid at Christmas. Wake up. Eat a responsible breakfast. Immediately followed by excessive alcohol consumption (NO IPAs!!!). I’ll be in section 6 for the entirety of it all. Super excited to be there for my first look at the SEZ and to usher in the Sark era. Texas wins 42-27 and the beginning of a new era of dominance begins.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, immamac said:

Sark just won a national championship as an OC and had one of the most competent offenses in history and you think that he magically got fucking retarded coming to Texas and keeping the majority of his support staff?

I get it, Sark may not beat ISU and OU, but this Louisiana team is dogshit. 

Look, I expect Texas to win, but you... don't see the irony here?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

26 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Emotion Reaction GIF

herman did a fuckin number on us we may never recover from. 

People throwing out 52-14 predictions and saying a one point win would cause a meltdown have not really studied our first opponent. I would be thrilled with a blowout win. I’m just not expecting us to be that good that early in the season. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

People throwing out 52-14 predictions and saying a one point win would cause a meltdown have not really studied our first opponent. I would be thrilled with a blowout win. I’m just not expecting us to be that good that early in the season. 

I've studied them, that's why I said they're overrated as fuck. A one point win over this team would absolutely be a very bad sign.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, immamac said:

Sark just won a national championship as an OC and had one of the most competent offenses in history and you think that he magically got fucking retarded coming to Texas and keeping the majority of his support staff?

I get it, Sark may not beat ISU and OU, but this Louisiana team is dogshit. 

Tom Herman just won a National Championship as OC at Ohio State blah blah blah and beat ou with less talent at UH blah blah blah.... Maryland is dogshit... Blah blah oh shit.

But yeah...

• Hook 'Em 4

On one hand, Louisiana's last 2020 game was a 7 point victory over UTSA in the First Responders Bowl. Even under Charlie Strong, that would be pathetic for us. It's hard to describe them as a top 25 team looking at that.

On the other hand, there is just so much unknown for Texas other than Bijan being super human. I'm leaning towards 27-20 Longhorns.

17 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Tom Herman just won a National Championship as OC at Ohio State blah blah blah and beat ou with less talent at UH blah blah blah.... Maryland is dogshit... Blah blah oh shit.

But yeah...

Urban Meyer won the NC and Herman was just around when it happened. Sark won one and it wasn't even close, then he took everyone on the staff who was good and then got elite coaches from the rest of the country. 

Maryland is a real P5 team, ULL is a trash sun-belt nothing school. The parallels aren't really there, the situations have some similarities though

• Hook 'Em 4

But yeah...

Yeah but…

Pete K. Good defensive talent and depth.
Kick butt RBs.

And was it the first Maryland team or 2nd one that put up 50 versus THE Ohio State university? That was the B1G not Sun Belt. Big boy football versus not big boy football.

Actually I think ULaLa has pressure on them. They are expected to play well, if not win. Our D is very capable of ripping their confidence right from their chest.

Texas by 20. No wait. 30.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Snacks said:

But yeah...

Counter-point, Tim Beck, Drew Mehringer, and Corby Meekins.

• Rage+1 1

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

If you are looking up the quote I am laughing.  Could we get the Guillotine... of course.   But we also might seize the day.  I expect a performance on par with optimistic expectations.  I would not be surprised to see us rally from behind.  However.... This is not the shit show that Charlie or Tom inherited. There is a base and a sense of standard.  It will actually be a good test.  Could we shit the bed? Yeah... but I expect a pulling away at the end dominance.

With of course Kirk Herbstreit, later explaining this was a "Easy game and an expected victory.. but a long way from how Ohio State dominated Minnesota a few days before...

25 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Sark was dogshit in the Pac12 but I like our bold strategy. 

Let's see if it pays off for us.

Ehhh he took a Washington team that in the previous years had won 0, 5, 4, 2,  and 1 games to a perennial 7 win team with an 8 in there. Great? No. Dogshit? Hardly.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 1