Game Week- Louisiana

Wulaw Horn

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He could have like... prescribed you some Valium. 

If I die watching Texas football then so be it. 

Seems the V's are difficult to get anymore.  Either that or having A-Fib, chronic heart failure and high blood pressure is a disqualifier.

I guarantee you, if my health had been this bad in '05 I'd have never seen the end of the greatest football game ever played.  That being said, if I could have made it to the end, I'd have died a happy man.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, SHOOTER12 said:

I guarantee you, if my health had been this bad in '05 I'd have never seen the end of the greatest football game ever played.  That being said, if I could have made it to the end, I'd have died a happy man.

Was there with you and feel the same.  It felt like we could ascend to Heaven on VY’s shoulders in a glorious burst of bright sparkling light!  At the moment I almost had one of those Red Fox moments!

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Seems the V's are difficult to get anymore.  Either that or having A-Fib, chronic heart failure and high blood pressure is a disqualifier.

It's because Diazepam (Valium) and other benzodiazepines [the worst being Xanax (Alprazolam)] shouldn't be prescribed to the masses like candy. They are highly addictive and make it more likely for the olds to get confused and fall. You're better off healthwise not taking those medications especially in the setting of other medical comorbidities such as atrial fibrillation, congestive heart failure, and hypertension. Aside from alcohol detoxification and catatonia in the setting of severe mental illness, there is no clinical benefit to these medications. The newer generation of physicians has been trained against prescribing them.

Benzodiazepines were once thought to be the "cure all" for anxiety, but they lead to  "rebound anxiety", tolerance (needing more for the same effect), and as mentioned before addiction. As benzodiazepines have a depressant effect on the brain, they can cause or worsen clinical depression. It's not a quick fix, but therapy is the long term solution for anxiety.

• Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

It's because Diazepam (Valium) and other benzodiazepines [the worst being Xanax (Alprazolam)] shouldn't be prescribed to the masses like candy. They are highly addictive and make it more likely for the olds to get confused and fall. You're better off healthwise not taking those medications especially in the setting of other medical comorbidities such as atrial fibrillation, congestive heart failure, and hypertension. Aside from alcohol detoxification and catatonia in the setting of severe mental illness, there is no clinical benefit to these medications. The newer generation of physicians has been trained against prescribing them.

Benzodiazepines were once thought to be the "cure all" for anxiety, but they lead to  "rebound anxiety", tolerance (needing more for the same effect), and as mentioned before addiction. As benzodiazepines have a depressant effect on the brain, they can cause or worsen clinical depression. It's not a quick fix, but therapy is the long term solution for anxiety.

The only time I have ever been prescribed them was after my accident in 96. Took them for about 6 months and put them away, haven't had one since. Of course I didn't have all the other health problems back then that I do now, it's so much fun getting old.

Well aren’t you just a party pooper.
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

The only time I have ever been prescribed them was after my accident in 96. Took them for about 6 months and put them away, haven't had one since. Of course I didn't have all the other health problems back then that I do now, it's so much fun getting old.

Makes sense. The one piece of advice I found older people commonly impart on younger folk is to never get old. Admittedly, I didn't understand it back then.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Heck I get too excited watching the games on television (doctor said no more watching games, but fuck him)

I get more stressed out NOT watching, just dying to know what's happening. As I do every year this close to the first game, my adrenaline is through the roof, pacing the floor and grinding my teeth.

AnxiousQuickDairycow-size_restricted.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Makes sense. The one piece of advice I found older people commonly impart on younger folk is to never get old. Admittedly, I didn't understand it back then.

getting old has one benefit.....everytime I go to the Doctor I get the same answer for EVERYTHING I ask. No matter what I got the reason is always the same.....birthdays...Prick!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Is the band going to play The Eyes? 

Band members will be given a choice. They can either join the Longhorn Marching Band, go to football games, march on the field, and play The Eyes of Texas , OR  they can join the other (as yet unnamed) band that doesn't play The Eyes, doesn't go to football games, and will march around Clark Field. I imagine the unnamed band won't attract many students and it won't be long before it's dis-banded (pun intended). 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Txslnghrns said:

SVP on ESPN just said he’d take ULL +9. Fuk that guy. He’s a Maryland grad who absolutely gloated when the turtles beat Tom Turtle. Twice. Would I have done the same thing if I was a Maryland grad? Yeah. But that doesn’t matter. Fuk SVP.

This is soft 

24 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Fox talking heads last night already starting with “Texas paid Louisiana $1.5 [b]million[/b] to play this game…” Bush, Stoops and Leinart are dying to clown on us if we lose

All Texas haters

The tears will be much much much much much sweeter when we win the big 12 the last year in its existance.

Great win for oklahoma errr loss but uh we still think they are the better team well whatever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jy9pKvaViI

8 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Fox talking heads last night already starting with “Texas paid Louisiana $1.5 [b]million[/b] to play this game…” Bush, Stoops and Leinart are dying to clown on us if we lose

Yeah, I saw that. Also, did anybody notice how Fox pointedly refused to even mention our game in their "Big Noon Kickoff" promo? They hyped PedoState-Wisky, then UCLA-LSU, pointedly not even mentioning our game, which is sandwiched right in the middle of their other two. I saw that spot at least twice. It appears to me that they're intent on fucking us for leaving the B-12 and going to the sec and ESPN. Looks to me like they're cutting off their nose to spite their face but I'm not anywhere near smart enough to run a network whose flagship programming includes shit like The Masked Singer, so what do I know? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Guys it’s just the media dumbasses feed off each other at this point and the hate is only going get worse now that Texas is slapping on an SEC patch on. Enjoy it, personally I like being the villain and and it seems that Hartzell and Eltife realize that’s what Texas is and should be.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Is Bijan not playing because that would be the only way Texas loses.  I predict Bijan will have 150 on the ground and 100 thru the air.  It is known.  

9 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Full Ride on xm just dogging the program and laughing at us paying them 1.5 million to beat our ass he said.  Ended with was utep busy.  Need to curb stomp them this weekend and make a point.

I'm going to go ahead and say that whatever some dumbfuck on satellite radio said about the game has exactly nothing to do with the reasons we need to win the game.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Of course everyone is picking against the Horns. We knew that was going to happen all summer. It’s an easy, lazy pick…good G5 team with lots of starters back against underachieving blue blood that most fans dislike. That’s literally the extent of the analysis that went into these “predictions.”

Absolutely this.  Such an easy, lazy pick that gets a bunch of "oh yeah, of course" responses from the generally stupid football-watching public.  

11 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Full Ride on xm just dogging the program and laughing at us paying them 1.5 million to beat our ass he said.  Ended with was utep busy.  Need to curb stomp them this weekend and make a point.

I'd love to see the Horns stomp them but they're a good team and it's Week1.  Winning will be enough for me.

Arkansas, on the other hand, desperately needs to be stomped.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 1