Your diet breaker

closetohumping

Ever see New Jack City?  Remember when Chris Rock's character finally went off the wagon in the crack house?  I'm like that with......hash browns and tater tots.  If they're in my house, I'm devouring them.  It's like the perfect snack food.  Steaks, burgers, fried chicken etc, I can generally restrain myself.  Hashbrowns?  Nope.

• Haha 1

Fuzzy's thin Italian-style double pepperoni and mushroom 16" pizza with lots of parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper and garlic salt.

And a Diet Coke followed by a five-finger front end loader of Copenhagen Long Cut.

All while watching a double feature of Rambo 8: Buckets of Blood and Rambo Lives: Piles of Scorched Terrorist Mustache Hair.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

I do keto petty much all the time, so mine would obviously be carbs. Usually sweet ones, or pasta. If I had to pick just one, it would be a cinnamon roll with tons of icing. 

If I see a bagel, I pretty much run.  

Also, whoever said sour cream and onion chips.  Yeah, I need to stay away.  Salt and vinegar chips too.   Basically the day becomes a cheat day and the "diet" resets.

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Also, whoever said sour cream and onion chips.  Yeah, I need to stay away.  Salt and vinegar chips too.   Basically the day becomes a cheat day and the "diet" resets.

I remember when I first moved to the US in 1978 and could not find any Salt and Vinegar chips (crisps) anywhere.   Somewhere around my freshman year at A&M my uncle that lived in Iowa found some and sent me several bags...

I destroyed them and then realized I was now back to status quo.

SOOOOOOOOOO glad that the US realized how glorious they are...

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

Sour Cream & Onion Lays.  If they're in the house, I'm scarfing down at least half a bag.  Hence, they're rarely in my house.

Yea I destroy almost any Lays chips honestly. If I don't buy them I don't miss them but if they are in the house they are fucked

3 hours ago, Horn Draoi said:

Potato chips-any kind, any size, from the little Subway size up to the 5 gallon cardboard bucket size (do those still exist?). If it’s open, I’m eating them all.  Greasy hands, swollen lips from the salt, stomach doing somersaults, none of that matters. My mouth wants more!

15 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Yea I destroy almost any Lays chips honestly. If I don't buy them I don't miss them but if they are in the house they are fucked

17 hours ago, closetohumping said:

18 hours ago, Jimbaround said:

Cheetos for me. Once that bag is open… good night.

18 hours ago, South Austin said:

Sour Cream & Onion Lays.  If they're in the house, I'm scarfing down at least half a bag.  Hence, they're rarely in my house.

If I open a bag or a container of damn near any kind of chip, I have no discipline to stop until it's empty.  It doesn't matter if I am full.  My work around is small containers.  For whatever reason, if it's a new container, I don't open it.  I buy the snack packs at Costco.

IMG_20210929_123357.jpg

• Like 1

I would have been dead a long, long time ago...  I crush ice cream.  When I am doing keto, it is my single biggest craving.  I cannot have it in the house.  One of my favorite pictures with my sons is all 3 of us sitting at the table playing 42 with our own carton of ice cream.  

https://parade.com/1088847/marilynvossavant/is-it-safe-to-eat-ice-cream-directly-from-the-container/

Edited by slorch

15 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Tex Mex

Little debbie swiss rolls

Thin Mint GS cookies

Football / pizza and wings.

yes, to all this.  Mr. Drummond I recall you lost a bunch of weight at one point, has it been found or are you still keeping the faith?  No judgment, just wondering.  I found most everything I have lost due to a lot of the things mentioned on this thread.

God dammit, I'm doomed. I thought of a couple of things, they were mentioned early in the thread. The list kept getting longer as the thread got longer and I realized that the only thing mentioned that I wouldn't binge was a soft drink. Hate that shit. I even like the Cope. I'll likely infarct any minute now.

2 hours ago, orange dream said:

yes, to all this.  Mr. Drummond I recall you lost a bunch of weight at one point, has it been found or are you still keeping the faith?  No judgment, just wondering.  I found most everything I have lost due to a lot of the things mentioned on this thread.

Good memory - thanks for asking, yes in 2018 i lost about 140lbs through hard core fasting.    I'm still down 120.    I walk around at about 220 (6'1).   Which for me at 53 years old is fine.     I still fast two times a week, and the other days i am OMAD.     About once a quarter i still fast for 4-5 days just for kicks as days 3-5 and are kick ass and super productive.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1