[Monkeying Around] Jeff Banks…

Fondren & Main

After the Okie Lite loss I gave up on Longhorn related social media. Could not bear to read it. I assumed it would take the team coming together and stringing together a strong chain of wins to get me back online. I was wrong. All it took was a stripper and monkey. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

i gotta say, this is the most entertaining thread on surly since the urban meyer thread. but to bring things back to reality. i have a question for our legal eagles on here, i thought precedent was pretty clear about entering someones private property and being attacked by a residents animal. especially if you know its there? sounds like the kids knew it was there and sought it out. dumb dumb stripper aside, sounds cut and dried that its on the kid and not the money, et al

2 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

i gotta say, this is the most entertaining thread on surly since the urban meyer thread. but to bring things back to reality. i have a question for our legal eagles on here, i thought precedent was pretty clear about entering someones private property and being attacked by a residents animal. especially if you know its there? sounds like the kids knew it was there and sought it out. dumb dumb stripper aside, sounds cut and dried that its on the kid and not the money, et al

This is Surly, do you think we're chock full of lawyers of neighborhood?

Because we are.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Excuse me, I am a lawyer of neighborhood. Let me explain this for you:

Lets not forget that keeping wildlife, um... an amphibious primate, for... um, ya know domestic... within the city... that ain't legal either.

lawyer of the neighborhood legaleez! see, dast wut i wantz

13 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

I believe the doctrine of attractive nuisance applies

Not sure what doctrine applies to the monkey

38 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

i have a question for our legal eagles on here, i thought precedent was pretty clear about entering someones private property and being attacked by a residents animal. especially if you know its there? sounds like the kids knew it was there and sought it out. dumb dumb stripper aside, sounds cut and dried that its on the kid and not the money, et al

As a general rule, I limit myself to bird law. I can’t help you. 

I fear this poor monkey, because of the strain he has brought to House Banks, is going to end up on the Barry Lutz show.  

Anybody have a paramount+ account we can borrow to watch what happens?