Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

28 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

4A RGV doesn't play D, ese.

You don’t disrespect the mighty Port Isabel Tarpons with that non-sense.

And wow. Never thought Armendarez would be the guy to even get on the radar of a UT coach. He’s a dynamic athlete but I feel like AJ Gonzaque is the much better ATH prospect out of the 2021 class down there. Better size & played against much better comp. Has also shown out at some statewide 7on7 tourneys. But whatever gets more dudes noticed down there is good in my book. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

As a resident surly black man I can  confidently say that name is needlessly hard to spell. I agree however that signing your name is stupid.  

Fair then. Maybe political climate got my hackles up.  But I think we can all agree that signing your name is stupid.

Mea Culpa.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Moi? I’m an asshole who follows recruiting. Welcome to surly 

and agreed in sig although think he has been doing that since at least hf days. I give him and Bernard a pass on that..

Edited by achooloco
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Moi? I’m an asshole who follows recruiting. Welcome to surly 

and agreed in sig although think he has been doing that since at least hf days. I give him and Bernard a pass on that..

I'm thinking maybe all the way back to the Billy Bob's 360 page.  Or whatever that was.  

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Getafix said:

Hide contents

Mike at Night:  Weekend visitor 

—Highland Park OT Jack Leyrer was originally slated to take a self-guided visit today. He’s changed it to tomorrow and will make his way to Austin with the family. As we’ve discussed, Texas can’t have any face to face meetings on the trip, but they will have an advantage with Leyrer they didn’t have with any other guys who made visits. Leyrer has former teammates Paxton Anderson and Prince Dorbah already enrolled at Texas. In fact, Leyrer said the two have been on him since the Longhorns offered. Since they have a pre-existing relationship, they can act as campus guides for the three-star offensive tackle. We will follow up with sources and have something on Leyrer over the weekend.

Any update on today's visit for Leyrer??

Edited by LTtxfan