Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

15 hours ago, texifornia said:

By being a different personality that Daddy Brock hasn't already clashed with.

Daddy Brock: Coach Saban, how are things going when talking to the boys?

Saban: Tommy is a delight to speak with on a daily basis, a lock for the 1st round to be sure

Daddy Brock: James tells me he hasn't been able to touch base with you

Saban: who?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Fud said:

Random thought that is a little off topic. For the 2021 season, I think you're going to see teams adding seniors who received an extra year of eligibility but who don't count against scholarship limits being added to the contenders in attempts to play for a championship. For example, we're going to see Bama add 20 extra seniors to their already overfull roster. 

The 2020 season will be about managing lack of roster depth, while 2021 will be about contenders filing holes and adding talent with 5th/6th season seniors. 

The NCAA granted an extra year for athletes in the Spring sports.  But there is a catch...if you stay at your school, you do not count against the numbers or scholarship limits (so Texas Softball gets Miranda Elish back, and pays her scholarship, but it does not count against the 12.5 allotted to softball).  If you transferred schools, you do count against the new schools numbers and scholarship limits.  I'm going to assume it'll be like that for the fall sports, including football, which means most teams will not be accepting these transfers because it'll cost them scholarship money and a countable roster spot.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, texashorn13 said:

The NCAA granted an extra year for athletes in the Spring sports.  But there is a catch...if you stay at your school, you do not count against the numbers or scholarship limits (so Texas Softball gets Miranda Elish back, and pays her scholarship, but it does not count against the 12.5 allotted to softball).  If you transferred schools, you do count against the new schools numbers and scholarship limits.  I'm going to assume it'll be like that for the fall sports, including football, which means most teams will not be accepting these transfers because it'll cost them scholarship money and a countable roster spot.

Good to know. I was thinking there needed to be a rule like that to avoid a team like Bama having a 120 scholarship roster. That seems like the best way to handle it and would make it so the 85 scholarship rule can stay in place. 

11 minutes ago, golfclap said:

so someone Blake has never met before even in a cursory instance. 

Who could've guessed that the same Brockermeyer's who were shocked to find out that Longhorn alumni knew that Blake was the bag of dicks in this recruitment -- those same Brocks were stunned after being summarily removed from group texts and treated like the fucking lepers that they are? Shocking. You were more than warned you stupid ass luddite fuckface. 

So have we said "fuck blake" yet today?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

So he's eliminating Texas because he thinks LJ is committing to the good guys?  

Interesting.  He's just coming off his visit with ou.  Perhaps ou has told him LJ is in.  Roach has hinted that LJ committing to Texas would basically make this an easy decision for Camar.  Guessing his top 2 will by ou and smu.  

Now just need to make sure LJ is in fact 100% bought in.  LSU and UGA both think he's theirs if they push.  Don't know how true this is but apparently UGA wouldn't take his commitment as they are waiting for another RB they have higher on their board.  

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Here’s my worry, as a fuccboi: Wheaton goes ou because we have LJ. Then Georgia decides they want LJ and they flip him. And Wheaton is already living the horns down life. And we have to take the rb from Austin high. 

Don't be a pussy. LJ will not flip. Texas is better then Georgia. Start thinking like an alpha. 

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Yeah, think you're right, may have been Steve Lorenz.  (I posted the note a few days ago, if anyone cares.)

Which he created because he wants OU to back the fuck off of Donovan Edwards. Ergo, LJ traction to UT means Wheaton is more likely to OU and the competition for Edwards declines.

4D chess.

Man, I wish our $9.95 gave a shit about helping the program.

By the way, FCB... and Blake Brock too.

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I'm not going to say that Camar Wheaton flipping from OU to Bama to join Jase McClellan 1 year later would make me absolutely die from laughter but I'm not going to say it wouldn't either. 

Channeling your inner Mike Roach, we see.

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Rivals is updating rankings this week.  Releasing 5*'s today.

4 new 5 stars

- OL Tristan Leigh

- QB Ty Thompson (Oregon)

- S James Williams (Miami)

- OT Blake Fisher (Notre Dame)

Here's the link to the full list (how is that a countdown??):

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals-rankings-week-counting-down-the-20-five-stars-in-2021