Cleveland Browns About to Release Odell Beckham Jr

Vic Mackey

41 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Amazing how much mileage he got out of one catch. 

Exactly. He has milked that for all he could. He doesn't really impact the game on the field. The Giants and Browns never really missed him when he was gone. I sometimes forget he still plays these days.

Also, that game was a game they lost as well lol

Got a laugh out of his dad's tweet that implied Baker Bunghole wasn't throwing him the ball because he's a racist. 

What's the old saying, "Never Attribute to Malice That Which Is Adequately Explained by Stupidity." (or incompetence)

Edited by 927 E. 41st
punctuation
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

I couldn’t sleep last night so had ESPN running in the background. This was a major talking point.  They were predicting Raiders. Mentioned Chiefs, but thought Mahomes was happy with his current receivers. 

His offense could definitely use a spark. Not saying OBJ is that answer but it seemed Tampa laid the blueprint on how to deal with KC. They have not been the same since that loss. Double Kelce and Tyreek and Mahomes has become checkdown charlie.

I don't know what current OBJ offers but this current Chiefs offense won't get it done. Especially since their defense is very bad.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Exactly. He has milked that for all he could. He doesn't really impact the game on the field. The Giants and Browns never really missed him when he was gone. I sometimes forget he still plays these days.

Also, that game was a game they lost as well lol

He also should have been flagged for OPI in that play and it shouldn't have counted. Refs were to cowardly to take away a highlight clip, or they just suck.

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Amazing how much mileage he got out of one catch. 

it was the absolute perfect combination - playing for the New York Football Giants, against America's Team the Dallas Cowboys, in front of a national TV audience on the NBC Sunday Night Football game of the week, with Al Michaels and Chris Collingsworth going over the top on the call.  it was like the first viral football catch i can think of in this new Twitter/social media world.  absolutely insane how he made his entire career off of this play.

5 hours ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Baker Mayfield is a sorry POS who chomps bags of dicks like they are skittles. 

Now I don't know if that has anything to do with OBJ - maybe yes, maybe no - but it needed to be said. 

Odell Beckham Sr. approves this message.

Lots of salty Cowboys fans in here. He didn’t make his career off of “one play”. He had one of the best rookie seasons ever and his first 3 years were elite using any metric. 

It’s also true he’s been just a JAG since about 2017 when injuries started piling up. I don’t think he has much left in the tank. But young healthy ODB was one of the best wrs in the NFL regardless of that one highlight. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Lots of salty Cowboys fans in here. He didn’t make his career off of “one play”. He had one of the best rookie seasons ever and his first 3 years were elite using any metric. 

It’s also true he’s been just a JAG since about 2017 when injuries started piling up. I don’t think he has much left in the tank. But young healthy ODB was one of the best wrs in the NFL regardless of that one highlight. 

Yup. His stats pre injury were f'n solid. But he's also a douche, so nobody's losing too much sleep over his demise

image.png.ae0df4144b9a38d0537f8b1b53827b47.png

I live here in Cleveland (yes it sucks) and I am a lifelong Browns fan. Bottom line is OBJ is overrated and has been from day one. He has done nothing but been a pain in the ass and a crybaby since he landed here. While Baker maybe a mediocre QB, the Browns are behind him ( and the community) 100%. He thinks he should be the #1 player on the team. He wasn't even our #1 receiver. We are a running team period. We have 2 of the best RBs in the NFL and he isn't a team player. Having his dad post something online is like Gisele acting like she knows football....

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Desean just left and bitched about his lack of targets. There is no way Odell would be happy with that same setup. 

Hmmm...I held onto his dumb ass in fantasy hoping he would go someplace where he would be a top target. Woods is no slouch in LA and knows the playbook, so OBJ is 3rd receiver at best. Maybe someone will be  stupid enough to take him im a trade.