Texas vs. West Virginia Game Thread -11am on ESPN2 - Colonoscopies and colonics would get you more excited

Pancho

9 minutes ago, bullet said:

Been about 30 years since I've seen them fail to call a penalty when the whole team runs on the field with the game still going.

Kind of a stupid penalty to call with 10 seconds left, but of course they didn't call it on WVU.

So they could kneel down 10 yards further out?  Who cares?

Makes me want to find a big woman who wants me to tongue her ass to get the taste of this out of my mouth, alas I will just do a Reposado rinse and repeat.  And I will add this game to the list of those I wish to forget.  After all I had 2nd row seats when the antiRoy ball slapped Chrissy in the face in the end zone.  In front of my face.  To have the seen become unseen in one’s memories.  Horror.  Horror.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

Just as with the Houston Texans, at some point you have to stop blaming the coaches and look deeper for what's wrong with the franchise / program. 

Strong was 23-2 the two years before he came here. Herman was something like 25-5. Sark has always been thought a brilliant offensive mind. We can keep firing coaches forever or address the systemic rot that is at the nexus of Bellmont and the boosters or keep going on our merry way to being Nebraska or Tennessee. Not Cal -- at least Cal doesn't really try. 

Now do Strong's record at USF.

Texas has a ton of internal issues, some of which can be helped by wholesale changes with the roster and some coaches, but the coaches themselves aren't doing well enough in the environment.

This offseason will determine whether Sark will ever be successful here.

• Like 1

Just now, Redneck Mutha said:

You can fire these hacks all day long, but if the dumbfucks in charge keep hiring the same way, it won't matter.

Both Saban and Urban listened to our pitch to come here at some level, but the admin fisted themselves on the way to turning off both of them and ending up with G5 losers.  Fuck Dodds, Powers, Plonsky, Patterson, Perrin, DelConte, Eltife, and whoever else is responsible for our shitty football hiring process.

A good program shouldn't have to rely on hiring one or two coaches. You can't tell me those two guys are the only coaches how know how to win championships and run top programs. And we didn't get either of them, and never will, so what does it matter if they are. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

No way.  This staff ain’t fucking around collecting a check.  we’ll turnover 37 guys like TN did. Ewers come on down. Brock may see playing time and come  too, maybe. Hasn’t played this year and bama’s OL is their weakest in saban era. 

I have a better shot at fucking Kate beckensale tonight then any of those dudes transferring here

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Just as with the Houston Texans, at some point you have to stop blaming the coaches and look deeper for what's wrong with the franchise / program. 

Strong was 23-2 the two years before he came here. Herman was something like 25-5. Sark has always been thought a brilliant offensive mind. We can keep firing coaches forever or address the systemic rot that is at the nexus of Bellmont and the boosters or keep going on our merry way to being Nebraska or Tennessee. Not Cal -- at least Cal doesn't really try. 

Strong had an NFL QB at UL and then at USF took a strong program and turned it into 4-8 and has them looking at probation.

Mackovic had the same failings here that he had at Illinois.  Mack always finished 2nd at UNC and generally did the same here.  Hermann would win a big game unexpectedly and lose to an SMU unexpectedly and did the same here.  Charlie was unproven and was just incompetent, kind of like David McWilliams but worse.  Sark was mediocre in his previous stops.

6 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Just as with the Houston Texans, at some point you have to stop blaming the coaches and players and look deeper for what's wrong with the franchise / program. 

You again?

Charlie Strong is and was a water head. Never should have been hired here. Steve Sarkisian has never been a good head football coach. Never should have been hired here. 

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

A good program shouldn't have to rely on hiring one or two coaches. You can't tell me those two guys are the only coaches how know how to win championships and run top programs. And we didn't get either of them, and never will, so what does it matter if they are. 

Point being that when we had legit chances to get proven championship coaches, our admin completely shit themselves and then went out and closed with Charlie fucking Strong and Steve Sarkisian.  They are not willing to do whatever it takes to get a proven winner.  In fact, we NEVER have.  Royal was pedestrian at best when he was hired and Mack never sniffed a conference championship when he was hired.  

Hire mediocrity and hope for the best should be our motto for football.  Weird that we don't treat any of our other sports that way.  Infuriating.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Chooky said:

4 - 7 SOUNDS bad, sure. Not bad. If they create 6 or 7 more bowl games then we are sitting pretty. If you guys can't get excited about the Logan Paul Bowl then you're sad. 

Logan Paul? We wouldn’t be chosen for the RuPaul bowl. We’re not even good pretenders. 

• Haha 1

For those asking me if I was serious about being ready to leave this bullshit conference, I am 100% serious. I haven’t felt that this league has treated us very fairly since the LHN debacle. We got all the heat for wanting to leave, despite OU also coming over (they got a free pass), we’ve had god awful officiating, and I’m not talking about the constant no call holdings/PIs, or occasional call not going our way. I’m talking about total hit jobs like the okstate game a few years ago or BS phantom flags like the roughing the passer two weeks ago.
I do NOT think moving will magically make us any better, we’ll suck there too if we don’t get this shit fixed, but at least we won’t have the worlds bullseye on our back with the likes of Bama, Florida, Georgia and other established SEC favs hogging the attention. And not to sound like aggy, but a loss to Vanderbilt or Kentucky has less sting to it (at least for now) than those fucking yokels in wvu, Baylor, Kansas, or tech. Maybe having a year or two under the radar will give us time and breathing room to right this ship.

• Drool 1

Now do Strong's record at USF.
Texas has a ton of internal issues, some of which can be helped by wholesale changes with the roster and some coaches, but the coaches themselves aren't doing well enough in the environment.
This offseason will determine whether Sark will ever be successful here.

Now do USFs record after Strong was let go.

18 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You don't. We're stuck with this and have to hope new players can make it better. You can't fire your way to prosperity otherwise we'd be really f'ing good right now. 

Al Davis Nfl GIF by Las Vegas Raiders

We are in Zombie Al cycle.  Gotta roll with these guys and hope they can overturn this roster.  We need a QB today.  Not tomorrow.  Not in 2 years.  

Fuck you, Mack!

• Hook 'Em 1

For those asking me if I was serious about being ready to leave this bullshit conference, I am 100% serious. I haven’t felt that this league has treated us very fairly since the LHN debacle. We got all the heat for wanting to leave, despite OU also coming over (they got a free pass), we’ve had god awful officiating, and I’m not talking about the constant no call holdings/PIs, or occasional call not going our way. I’m talking about total hit jobs like the okstate game a few years ago or BS phantom flags like the roughing the passer two weeks ago.
I do NOT think moving will magically make us any better, we’ll suck there too if we don’t get this shit fixed, but at least we won’t have the worlds bullseye on our back with the likes of Bama, Florida, Georgia and other established SEC favs hogging the attention. And not to sound like aggy, but a loss to Vanderbilt or Kentucky has less sting to it (at least for now) than those fucking yokels in wvu, Baylor, Kansas, or tech. Maybe having a year or two under the radar will give us time and breathing room to right this ship.

Trust me, we will have a bullseye on our back in the SEC.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

I do NOT think moving will magically make us any better, we’ll suck there too if we don’t get this shit fixed, but at least we won’t have the worlds bullseye on our back with the likes of Bama, Florida, Georgia and other established SEC favs hogging the attention. And not to sound like aggy, but a loss to Vanderbilt or Kentucky has less sting to it (at least for now) than those fucking yokels in wvu, Baylor, Kansas, or tech.

I disagree.. we will be the #1 target in the SEC for the sake everyone will want to take down the blue blood trying to crash the party. Imagine Arkansas but every road game. 

4 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

I do NOT think moving will magically make us any better, we’ll suck there too if we don’t get this shit fixed, but at least we won’t have the worlds bullseye on our back with the likes of Bama, Florida, Georgia and other established SEC favs hogging the attention. And not to sound like aggy, but a loss to Vanderbilt or Kentucky has less sting to it (at least for now) than those fucking yokels in wvu, Baylor, Kansas, or tech.

Not to make excuses bc we officially suck balls, but I still think we beat OU and OSU if those games had been officiated better. And if we win those, I think the rest of the season takes an entirely different path just bc of mindset. 

*and I’m not even talking about holdings etc either. 

Edited by Tex-19
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Trust me, we will have a bullseye on our back in the SEC.

Right. The only thing better than having Texas in your conference, is beating Texas in your conference. The SEC is going to love having other SEC teams kick our ass on the field while at the same time using our "brand" to sell games. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, naija said:

don't know man. shit's borked. in every possible way. still haven't been able to identify what it is exactly the defense tries to do

31 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

This team has gotten worse every week. 

27 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

This. At some point a senior team (defense) would at least play for each other.

Bad coaching. All this is due to bad coaching. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not to make excuses bc we officially suck balls, but I still think we beat OU and OSU if those games had been officiated better. And if we win those, I think the rest of the season takes an entirely different path just bc of mindset. 

This is very much a possibility. Our confidence doesn’t get shot to hell. We absolutely beat OU if the refs do their job.

I made the point above that with Michigan State schedule we have their record. May be a slight exaggeration but not far off.

One of many reasons we lost to KU is because our season was shot.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Maybe C-USA will take us.

• Like 1