• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 hours ago, txhorns said:

There is nothing to be torn about.  You root for the upset.  aggy losing to a 4 win FCS team in the first game of the Jimbo, greatest corch ever, era would be the biggest meltdown college football has ever seen.  They can write off losing to Clemson, even if it's a blowout.  They can't write off losing to Northwestern State.  That's the kind of loss that tanks recruiting and dries up the donor checks.

Well if you put it that way...

3 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Remind me again which team has played PVAMU, Nichols, Northwestern St, Lamar, and SHSU in the past 6 seasons  

It's not the one that played Tulsa, San Jose St, UTEP, Rice, North Texas, and New Mexico State. 

There are cupcakes, and then there are aggy cupcakes. (which are also full of jizz)

Most people dont know who is is, so there is that...not random twitter people. Just this site. That being said, I don't believe he has a new LinkedIn account yet, after he changed his name to Daniel Josef or Daniel Joseph. Love to see one of those pop up. He'd better have some great Aggie Network connections, because there's a great chance that one day he runs across someone in the hiring world form here who knows who he is...and that will end ugly. He already got fired from his PwC internship because of this...I'm betting that will happen to him 1-2 more times before he dies. 
So here is a little story. Take it fwiw. I worked at a big 4 firm office on West coast last year and came across a fan of another Texas school, neither Aggie nor UT. We got talking fb and discussion turned to fanbases. Obviously we started talking shit about aggy and somehow this kid knows all about DFigs. Apparently,my new friend worked closely with the team that DFigs interned with in Houston. Thse guys followed the DFigs situation closely on Shag. He told me all kinds of stories from when DFigs was an intern there. He was truly a choad even irl. Anyways, what he told me next really took me by surprise. He said that DFigs is still connected to some folks from that internship via LinkedIn and keeps his profile up to date. He changed his name from Daniel Joseph, moved to Houston and works at some PE or boutique IB. He even showed me his new profile but my forgetful ass forgot the new name.

7 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:
4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:
Most people dont know who is is, so there is that...not random twitter people. Just this site. That being said, I don't believe he has a new LinkedIn account yet, after he changed his name to Daniel Josef or Daniel Joseph. Love to see one of those pop up. He'd better have some great Aggie Network connections, because there's a great chance that one day he runs across someone in the hiring world form here who knows who he is...and that will end ugly. He already got fired from his PwC internship because of this...I'm betting that will happen to him 1-2 more times before he dies. 

Read more  

So here is a little story. Take it fwiw. I worked at a big 4 firm office on West coast last year and came across a fan of another Texas school, neither Aggie nor UT. We got talking fb and discussion turned to fanbases. Obviously we started talking shit about aggy and somehow this kid knows all about DFigs. Apparently,my new friend worked closely with the team that DFigs interned with in Houston. Thse guys followed the DFigs situation closely on Shag. He told me all kinds of stories from when DFigs was an intern there. He was truly a choad even irl. Anyways, what he told me next really took me by surprise. He said that DFigs is still connected to some folks from that internship via LinkedIn and keeps his profile up to date. He changed his name from Daniel Joseph, moved to Houston and works at some PE or boutique IB. He even showed me his new profile but my forgetful ass forgot the new name.

Well the name change we all knew about. But hes buried that linkedIn. 

50 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:
5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Read more  

Make the call to your connection.. Surly sleuths would love to know what ol’ DFigs is up to

2 hours ago, horn_of_the_morning said:
7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Read more  

That’s great detective work Lou. If you find out his name again, please report back. I’d like to make sure my big 4 firm is up to date on a certain individual not to hire.

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

I'm FB friends with Olin going back to my writing days. In addition to being an aggy shill, he's borderline alt-right when it comes to politics. In other words, perfect for that fan base.

Olin has a lot of old material at Texags that needs to be bumped for the laughs. I know Randolph has some of the articles saved. 

Edited by texasstrong12

14 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Not going to lie - I'm going to be torn tomorrow night if Podunk Louisiana College (whichever one they're playing) keeps it close late in the game.

On the one hand, aggy needs to win tomorrow night to make the Clemson beatdown more fun, but on the other, them losing to PLC on a Thursday night at home in Jimbo's first game might be even more glorious in the end. 

No way that happens.  It's going to be some lopsided score like 63-7.  The rollercoaster has to climb a steep hill before crashing down.

How does someone change their name and that not be an issue trying to work in investment banking and private equity?  Back when I started in IB I had to take securities tests, be subject to criminal background checks and verify my education and background through our corporate HR. It was quite extensive. 

Having my name changed would have raised seioua red flags. 

So, a while back I was doing a distillery tour in Louisville. Had reservations at some fixed time. So tour guide comes up, gets the group together, and starts the tour. I'm facing a group of couches, and that's when I notice something weird. 

There's a family sitting together on a couch being really quiet. I can't tell if they're on the tour or not so I look at them. Mom, Dad, and son are wearing matching A&M polos. Father and son are wearing matching khakis to go along with their matching shirts. I guess they had reservations for the next tour, but between their just sitting there like idiots and the weird costumes they had on, I learned something. 

These were weird people. I don't hang out with people like this. They're just creepy. They don't like me. But all over the globe, Aggies travel in their stupid uniforms looking like idiots and not knowing it. Why? Why would you do this? You look like Hitler Youth, man.

Edited by Thetexashammer

45 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

How does someone change their name and that not be an issue trying to work in investment banking and private equity?  Back when I started in IB I had to take securities tests, be subject to criminal background checks and verify my education and background through our corporate HR. It was quite extensive. 

Aggy network.  Just wear a clunky ring and you're in. 

10 hours ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

Thats good to know.  I appreciate you setting me straight.

Valmy is 100% correct. We never claimed 2008. That’s an aggy lie to justify the unjustifiable. Next they’ll say it’s ok because Tom Herman went to a strip club once. 

Dont much of anything about the kid, I'm guessing hes full of shit.

8 hours ago, ousux said:
11 hours ago, Teamdirtyleg said:
I thought I had access to that shithouse of a forum, but I can't remember username, password and I apparently didn't even use a real email when signing up.  Oh well.

If you want to set another record straight.   Aggy tried to rebut their silly wall of champions adding two new NC's during their off season transition to the SEC by pointing out (rightly, unfortunately) that Texas claimed 2008* as a conference title.  Yah, for about two minutes.  They still proudly stand by their found -under-the-couch-cushions- championships.  

https://texassports.com/sports/2013/7/29/GEN_0729130907.aspx?id=330
and by the way,  if we are going to count like aggy, we'd have 8 - 14 championships in football.  

Read more  

9 NC's if we use the same formula as Bama, aggy and some other programs.

Everyone might as well, hell the current 4 team "playoFf", placed a team that didn't even play for it's conference title as the CFP team awarded over Ohio State, in the "invitational"...
The schools as Alabama & Notre Dame already claim north 15 national titles per school, why not UT claim 9, it's not as if all the AP champs were not disputed as well, even 1 BCS
title was "shared" during the selection process prior to the current four team "invitational, the gridiron's version of a post season NIT...

1 hour ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Good Bull

Silver Taps

You will notice that those Goober Keyword Overalls never say anything like, "Academics" or "Engineering" or "Vet School".

Let me translate those traditions

Good Bull - This is a PC version of the phrase Good Bullshit. You see, Aggys are pussies and can’t use swear words because they live in a 1950s time warp where cussing is bad and black people don’t have rights. 

Whoop - This was stolen from the military. Aggy thinks they are real military because they play dress up. Aggy has a long history of celebrating the accomplishments of others 

Howdy - Aggys are dorks. This again is from the Leave it to Beaver time warp where gee golly everyone deserve a Howdy fellar. 

Silver Taps - another tradition stolen from the military. Aggy thinks everyone who goes to school to be fake army deserves Taps being played for them. I’m shocked they don’t have flag covered coffins. 

Gig’Em - This is from a game against TCU back in the 30s or 40s. To gig a frog is a real thing. It involves a pronged spear that kills a frog. Of course they took it and ran with it. 

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Like 2

Jimbo Fisher is Texas A&M's latest, boldest big-money bet

SIAP. I can't tell if this is supposed to be a positive or negative piece. Some great quotes either way.

When Texas A&M athletic director Scott Woodward fired Kevin Sumlin, who went 51-26 in the Aggies' first six seasons in the SEC (albeit with a 25-23 conference record), the Aggies paid their coach $10.4 million to go away. The buyout, coupled with the $7.5 million annually for Fisher, shocked college football fans across the country.

A&M had done the unthinkable, hiring a coach away from a school where he won a national title for the first time in 40 years (since Johnny Majors left Pitt for Tennessee in 1976). How could Fisher leave Florida State, where he went 83-23, won three ACC titles and finished in the AP's top 10 four times, for A&M, which hasn't won a conference title since winning the Big 12 in 1998 and had finished no higher than fourth in the SEC West in the past six seasons?

The answer: This is what the Aggies do.

It's what they've done for more than 60 years, with possibly the most ambitious track record of hiring coaches of any school in the country. But ambition and success are different matters. And the two have rarely met when it comes to A&M's searches, some of which rival Tennessee's calamity this year.

"Jimbo gets it," Sherrill said. "He understands. You have to reach out and touch the Aggies. And he's doing that."

3 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Good Bull

Silver Taps

You will notice that those Goober Keyword Overalls never say anything like, "Academics" or "Engineering" or "Vet School".

Just noticed this when reading at links shown above.

The thumbs-up gesture Aggies make when saying "Gig 'em" was the first hand sign of the Southwest Conference.

Is that correct?  Or just more aggy bull?

aggy will always be the ignored girl at the prom, she isn't butt ugly or hot she's just meh, she's like Jane Brady who makes up she has a boyfriend (George Glass) to impress her popular hot sister marsha(Texas). she gets enraged when no one pays attention to her and yells her name MARSHA MARSHA MARSHA or TEXAS TEXAS TEXAS! 

It's the reason the only articles you ever see about aggy being a "national Power" or "sleeping giant" is written by guys like Chin pubes or ben baby. 

It's the reason I love aggy and watching how they act. It really is good bull.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zharkov said:

"Richest program in the country" payin' them sewer and bat shit cleaning bills starting tonight... with tickets as low as $4...

aggy001.jpg

Just based on simple economics: ball state vs central Connecticut, Kennesaw state vs Georgia state, and southeastern Louisiana vs ul Monroe all have greater demand than the Jimbo debut.  Wow.

I know they built way too many seats in the Kroger field expansion, but expected better than $4 for the first game of the greatest corch evar.