• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

18 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.png.4bf7d062eff01dee9ca644c350f5a6f0.png

Right in the heart of their schedule too....perfect.

Yep - for some reason they have has ARs number in the past the same way Texas always had NU's.  AU receivers were running free in the secondary all damn night and their jackass of a QB couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.  AR can move the ball and their QB is a big boy who can run.  Got free tickets so I'll be there in person!  

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah if it's at least a moderate high ankle sprain and they push him back in 2-4 weeks his mobility will be very limited. 

But honestly Max Johnson liked fine back here. He's about as good a backup as they could hope for. Weigman shows flashes but I'm not convinced that in 2023 Johnson is that much of a step down. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah if it's at least a moderate high ankle sprain and they push him back in 2-4 weeks his mobility will be very limited. 

But honestly Max Johnson liked fine back here. He's about as good a backup as they could hope for. Weigman shows flashes but I'm not convinced that in 2023 Johnson is that much of a step down. 

I agree there isn't a huge dropoff, but it will be interesting to see once defenses start game planning for Johnson instead of Weigman.  My assumption is that his limitations will start to show.

Over on TexAgs somebody said that Jimbo had mentioned a PWO as next in line.

I don't like to see any player (other than a dickhead who plays to hurt players) get injured. It was assumed around here that Weigman wouldn't make the full season behind that OL. Amid the misfortune of an ankle injury is the blessing that it wasn't another concussion. It's probably best for everyone if he's out for Alabama.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

At least against Auburn I thought he looked better.  Weigman may be talented, but he still looks a little shell shocked and didn't seem to see the field well.  Johnson's experience at least showed in that suddenly there were a lot more open guys than there had been with Weigman.

Now, I hope he looks awful going forward, but any aggy excuses about the dropoff going to the backup are going to be pretty hard to defend based on the Auburn game.

12 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I don't like to see any player (other than a dickhead who plays to hurt players) get injured. It was assumed around here that Weigman wouldn't make the full season behind that OL. Amid the misfortune of an ankle injury is the blessing that it wasn't another concussion. It's probably best for everyone if he's out for Alabama.

Per their website:

The new 2nd string: https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/player/marcel-reed/160831

The new 3rd string: https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/player/blake-bost/150524

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

if they are rolling out a red shirt over the dude they brought in (Henderson, brought in to be the emergency dude) or Marcel Reed (FR) they are really so bad at managing their QB room

39 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

For the most part, what I did get to see, Johnson looked at least as good as Wiggy.

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Looking at the ATM snap counts for the Auburn game and on the season, there are some interesting items:

-Dindy isn't playing. Suited out, but not part of the rotation.

-Scylla and Enai White got 7 and 3 snaps each against Auburn.

-All 3 of those guys got the majority of their snaps on the season against New Mexico. The lack of a 4 man rotation is a problem. These are highly rated guys who are damned locks for transferring if they don't start getting more looks.

-Dewberry appears to have just straight up been beaten out. He got 6 snaps on Saturday. Another guy they paid big money for in the 2022 class.

-Fatheree suited out and simply didn't get snaps. Apparently he's practicing passively and doesn't trust his injured knee, so he's also been passed. 

-ATM rotated 22 guys on defense and played only 3 LBs. 

-Foster played every snap on offense, so their speculation that he was not coming back was ... off.

is hicks getting many snaps? has Tease even touched the field at WR?

4 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

What about Bobby Taylor?

Donut. All season. Note: they're not tracking snaps on STs. Here's the data:

--

Offense (61 total plays)

Quarterback: Max Johnson (34) and Conner Weigman (27).

Offensive line: Chase Bisontis (61), Trey Zuhn III (61), Bryce Foster (61), Layden Robinson (61), Mark Nabou Jr. (55), Kam Dewberry (6) and Dametrious Crownover (3).

Running back: Le’Veon Moss (29), Amari Daniels (24) and Rueben Owens II (11).

Fullback: Earnest Crownover (9).

Tight end: Max Wright (35), Jake Johnson (23) and Theo Melin Öhrstrӧm (10).

Wide receiver: Evan Stewart (52), Ainias Smith (45), Moose Muhammad III (27), Jahdae Walker (25) and Micah Tease (12).

Defense (65 total plays)

Defensive line: Shemar Turner (40), Fadil Diggs (39), McKinnley Jackson (36), Walter Nolen (29), Albert Regis (26), Shemar Stewart (25), Isaiah Raikes (24), LT Overton (23), DJ Hicks (8), Malick Sylla (7) and Enai White (3).

Linebacker: Taurean York (57), Edgerrin Cooper (51) and Chris Russell Jr. (20).

Defensive back: Demani Richardson (65), Bryce Anderson (62), Jacoby Mathews (58), Josh DeBerry (57), Tyreek Chappell (52), Deuce Harmon (21), Jarred Kerr (9) and Dalton Brooks (3).

Season snap count totals on offense

Quarterback: Conner Weigman (221), Max Johnson (72) and Jaylen Henderson (1).

Offensive line: Trey Zuhn III (279), Layden Robinson (279), Mark Nabou Jr. (227), Chase Bisontis (216), Bryce Foster (201), Kam Dewberry (132), Dametrious Crownover (75), Remington Strickland (15), Aki Ogunbiyi (15), Jordan Spasojevic-Moko (9), Reuben Fatheree II (9), TJ Shanahan (6), Derek Ferraro (6), Hunter Erb (5) and Colton Thomasson (1).

Running back: Amari Daniels (119), Rueben Owens II (110), Le’Veon Moss (58) and David Bailey (19).

Fullback: Earnest Crownover (20).

Tight end: Jake Johnson (200), Max Wright (94), Theo Melin Öhrstrӧm (44) and Fernando Garza III (6).

Wide receiver: Ainias Smith (183), Evan Stewart (174), Noah Thomas (137), Jahdae Walker (118), Moose Muhammad III (112), Micah Tease (30), Raymond Cottrell (20), Jordan Anthony (18), Jacob Brasher (1), Hunter Vivaldi (1) and Andrew Maleski (1).

Season snap count totals on defense

Defensive line: Fadil Diggs (137), Shemar Turner (135), McKinnley Jackson (120), Walter Nolen (108), LT Overton (98), Shemar Stewart (87), Isaiah Raikes (74), Albert Regis (70), Malick Sylla (45), DJ Hicks (39), Enai White (31), Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy (17), Micaiah Overton (6) and Samu Taumanupepe (2).

Linebacker: Edgerrin Cooper (174), Taurean York (167), Chris Russell Jr. (59), Jurriente Davis (30), Martrell Harris Jr. (25), Daymion Sanford (6) and Drew Beltran (2).

Defensive back: Bryce Anderson (201), Demani Richardson (200), Josh DeBerry (198), Tyreek Chappell (148), Jacoby Mathews (139), Jardin Gilbert (75), Deuce Harmon (72), Jarred Kerr (65), Dalton Brooks (37), Jayvon Thomas (33), Sam McCall (18), Kent Robinson (13) and Bravion Rogers (9).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

-All 3 of those guys got the majority of their snaps on the season against New Mexico. The lack of a 4 man rotation is a problem. These are highly rated guys who are damned locks for transferring if they don't start getting more looks.

I learned from TexAgs last year that it doesn't matter if they leave if they're just depth guys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Holy shit, is Tony Grimes healthy? He can’t get a single snap among those shitty cbs even in the blowouts they have played?

Per aggy 247, they think Grimes is a complete miss -- too slow for CB and doesn't have the instincts for Safety. Their corners are astonishingly abysmal and will get torched by any offense with a semblance of a passing attack. 

12 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Per aggy 247, they think Grimes is a complete miss -- too slow for CB and doesn't have the instincts for Safety. Their corners are astonishingly abysmal and will get torched by any offense with a semblance of a passing attack. 

Per this site, we knew that all along.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

SloNeal 2.0?

8 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

aggy's best player is always the backup QB anyways...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

4 of the top 5 are SEC schools so it is a win for aggy. Next year it will be 5 of the top 10 which will be a scoreboard loss to aggy courtesy of hello Texas.

Next year, it would be 5 sec and 5 big 10.

If anyone has questions about whether college football is going to start looking a lot more like the AFC and NFC...

16 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Yep - for some reason they have has ARs number in the past the same way Texas always had NU's.  AU receivers were running free in the secondary all damn night and their jackass of a QB couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.  AR can move the ball and their QB is a big boy who can run.  Got free tickets so I'll be there in person!  

You’re voluntarily going to college station for a game when they aren’t even playing us?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1