• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

LOL Dan Lanning is not leaving Oregon for ATM, unless he is the biggest moron on earth.  He's seen all of the same cult-like nonsense that we all have...Klan bonfire, Embarrassing Midnight yell (LMAO), and 20xx National Championship Trophy for Cuckbo.  If I'm betting on this, it's either Elko or Traylor.

Edited by PNWhornsfan
Grammar
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Yeah, if Lanning wants money AND a trophy (actual), Oregon is much better spot going into the Big10 than trying to compete in SEC with aggy handcuffs.  I don't see it happening.

My money still on Elko as only realistic candidate that makes sense.... I could see him saying no though because of family and comfort at Duke.

1 minute ago, mchookem said:

i don't even understand how this is a possibility 🤔 Oregon has a successful, winning culture, beautiful campus, rich af, nice climate, is progressive-minded, and some day they will have actual feathers on their uniforms! 

how tf aggy gonna compete with that? 🤨

Easy: guarantee 100 million. 

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Wherever it’s coming from, they are trying to make it well known for a certain reason. 

Once again, Lanning is most likely headed to the CFP and has Nike money. Why would you take a flagship institution to the CFP to go to a second tier job? Something doesn’t seem right here…

(and yes, I know this guy is not plugged in in any way)

There's no recruiting base unless you can get antifa vandals to take steroids.

• Haha 7
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, chainsaw said:

I really hope he's not headed for CFP, personally.

Putting the rumors out there that he’s headed to aggy and get that distraction game going is a great start…

Just now, Vermin said:

There's no recruiting base unless you can get antifa vandals to take steroids.

That hasn’t stopped them from recruiting before

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Dabo would be on point for them.  Previous National Championship ✔️, coach that his current philosophy is out dated (with his NIL and transfer stance) ✔️, leaving current program in decline ✔️, crazy overpaid contract to get him ✔️.  

you forgot - THE RIGHT SOCIO-POLITICAL FAUX-JESUSLAND BUZZWORD COMPLIANCY = he "gets" aggy and in his first presser will have the entire room openly masturbating in public

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Vermin said:

Listening to this at 1.75x because I love pain, Looch threw out Chip Kelly. He said they can't afford Gundy, Kiffin, or Mark Stoops. He's bracing the fanbase for an underwhelming hire.

Lower expectations... guess he wants aggys to be happy if they hire a decent new coach.  

13 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Wherever it’s coming from, they are trying to make it well known for a certain reason. 

Once again, Lanning is most likely headed to the CFP and has Nike money. Why would you take a flagship institution to the CFP to go to a second tier job? Something doesn’t seem right here…

(and yes, I know this guy is not plugged in in any way)

at this point I think "that nike money" might be overrated and it might also come with "that phil's bullshit"

Oregon lost Willie T to FSU and while FSU is not broke they are not exactly flush with cash either when it comes to playing with the really big dogs.....hell FSU still kicked over $22 million from the academic side in 2022 and an average of about $15 million for the last 5 years prior

Oregon lost Mario C to Miami......Miami has long had budget issues because they have shitty overall fans and fair weather major donors

Oregon watched their softball coach head to Texas....and yea I know TEXAS, but we all know the softball program was nowhere near what Oregon had rolling and it was not like it was going to cost them massive money to match Texas or that their coach was looking to roll out because of some issues (that I ever saw any evidence of)......Texas just made him a much better offer, promised to at least get him decent facilities, and Oregon said thanks, but no thanks

I know that with Willie T and Mario C there were feelings of "going home", but there was also the "taking over a shit show factors" too

Oregon is one of the last PAC 12 hold outs that tries to run an athletics program that is close to self sustaining and many years back when fill night made the really large donation the first thing Oregon did was start posting up their annual athletics budgets with an explanation of where the money went and why that donation did not just mean free cash forever and ever and that no small donors would ever be needed again and explaining how an endowment and payout from it works

while other PAC 12 programs have gone from being run in a fiscally sound manner to being financial disasters Oregon (and maybe Utah and Oregon State) are some of the last that have not just blown the spending doors off

probably the best thing they can do at this point is put larger buyouts on their coaches to at least collect some cash when they leave

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

Thinking about this, if Oregon does actually lose a coach to Aggy, I think it would be their OC Will Stein.  Could see Elko or Traylor (who he worked for at UTSA) bring him in as their OC given how good that offense looks with Bo Nix.

There’s no way they made this choice to steal UTSA’s coach….  I mean it’s aggy but come on, they have someone in mind and it’s a big name.  

39 minutes ago, Vermin said:

Listening to this at 1.75x because I love pain, Looch threw out Chip Kelly. He said they can't afford Gundy, Kiffin, or Mark Stoops. He's bracing the fanbase for an underwhelming hire.

37 minutes ago, RabidM said:

That's really weird. Why make the move if you can't afford even second tier hires? That can't be right. 

Yeah, I dont believe that shit for a second. I think they already know who their next coach is, which is why they fired Jimbo. And middle age men with small dicks don't trade in that 6 year old 'vette for a late model camry. They trade it in for one of them Hennessey Velociraptors. A cost effective sensible hire is nowhere on the radar for aggy. 

1 minute ago, Deej said:

Jimbo laughing because he knew he'd just conned those rubes. 

Next plaque they give the new HC will have a year on it. They learned their lesson man. I await the day that JFF is promoted to their own version of a Minister of Culture there. He’ll have his own podcast called Heisman Haven and talk people down from bad trips. 

I don’t understand firing him today though. Sure the extension was a terrible decision. But like lock your HC up and fire him after the bowl game. I figured he’d be canned next year after we beat them at home but didn’t think they’d cause so much harm to their recruiting pipeline. After their stupid statement about how they’d weighed everything and considered this carefully. It’s like being neck deep in cognitive dissonance every day, being an aggy. It’s pretty similar to being a Cowboys fan. 

They want to make a big splash with an impressive hire/name. But I’d go for an up and coming guy that doesn’t mind living in College Station. Someone with ties to the school that cares a bit about them. Most of the names on their wishlist are good ones. But like they have to really want this particular job with this school. It’s why you hire someone that’s somehow connected to the school. Because at least they’ll give a fuck. Not sure how many of those are viable candidates. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Yes, A&M is gonna cut the check directly.  And over many, many years it'll be recovered by donors and athletics revenue and craft brew sales and whatever the fuck else.  But A&M does have an extra $75mm in their fiscal budget this year available on a few days notice.  So it will come from their operational accounts combined with some significant portion in their athletics account.  And that large gap, considering there's still 7+ months left in their academic/fiscal/athletics year will have to be filled back in.  the AUF isn't set up to do shit like that.  So you're gonna watch A&M try to put on a financial literacy seminar combined with a magic show tomorrow and UTIMCO's gonna be left holding the bag on behalf of faculty & staff.  This isn't a cash reserves/equivalents rounding error.  Some shit will have to be liquidated prematurely.  And I'm not talking about the sheep.

Holy shit.  This is unconscionable.  

UT, whether implied by tradition or some express bylaw or something (do you know?), keeps these separate in part because it's borderline fraudulent.  If something like this was done by a normal corporation or legal entity, its audit would come back dirty AF.  Like a 501(c)3 founded to help low income kids funding the CEO's hookers and blow.  If UT did anything like this (hopefully we never have?), faculty/staff would freak out and protest, and I would probably join them. 

So they're creating a financial instrument for this buyout and hiring the next staff with collateral from a fund with an express purpose for academic-related capital projects.  So this is waaaaaaaaay more than the sticker price we're all looking at.  It's an artificially low cost of capital by design for academic stuff and I don't know what kind of mental gymnastics they're going to use to justify this.  The "right" way to do this (if that's even possible) would be for the athletic department to pay a higher cost of capital than a normal AUF bond, tracked by some capital account, thereby giving a nice little rate spread to the academic side and allowing them to save a little face and retain the plausible deniability of remaining as an academic institution.  But I highly doubt they're going to do that.

Is there some payout schedule or is this all at once?  Either way, I guess it has to be financed.  Bought a Ferrari on credit, wrecked it, now stuck with the note.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

Yeah, I dont believe that shit for a second. I think they already know who their next coach is, which is why they fired Jimbo. And middle age men with small dicks don't trade in that 6 year old 'vette for a late model camry. They trade it in for one of them Hennessey Velociraptors. A cost effective sensible hire is nowhere on the radar for aggy. 

This is aggy we're talking about. They make reckless, impulsive decisions, then figure it out later.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Vermin said:

This is aggy we're talking about. They make reckless, impulsive decisions, then figure it out later.

They just gave a coach a $75 million guaranteed contract after a 5-6 season and there are people that think aggy makes intelligent decisions? 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

I wish they would hire Mr. Sanders from Colorado. Comedy gold the second he would be signed.

Everyone can stop with Deion.

#1 - he’s not a fan of A&M from what I’ve heard (take a guess)

#2 - Deion doesn’t code switch like sumlin 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, ryskey said:

UT, whether implied by tradition or some express bylaw or something (do you know?), keeps these separate in part because it's borderline fraudulent.  If something like this was done by a normal corporation or legal entity, its audit would come back dirty AF.  Like a 501(c)3 founded to help low income kids funding the CEO's hookers and blow.  If UT did anything like this (hopefully we never have?), faculty/staff would freak out and protest, and I would probably join them. 

So they're creating a financial instrument for this buyout and hiring the next staff with collateral from a fund with an express purpose for academic-related capital projects.  So this is waaaaaaaaay more than the sticker price we're all looking at.  It's an artificially low cost of capital by design for academic stuff and I don't know what kind of mental gymnastics they're going to use to justify this.  The "right" way to do this (if that's even possible) would be for the athletic department to pay a higher cost of capital than a normal AUF bond, tracked by some capital account, thereby giving a nice little rate spread to the academic side and allowing them to save a little face and retain the plausible deniability of remaining as an academic institution.  But I highly doubt they're going to do that.

Is there some payout schedule or is this all at once?  Either way, I guess it has to be financed.  Bought a Ferrari on credit, wrecked it, now stuck with the note.

5.2) *Authorization to Sell Approximately 21.401 Acres of Land Located at 8800 Health Science Center Parkway, Bryan, Brazos County, Texas, Texas A&M
5.3) *Authorization to Sell Property Located at 6500 Amarillo Blvd. West, in Amarillo, Potter County, Texas, AgriLife Research --Discussion of issues relating to Innovation Plaza project in the Texas Medical Center, Houston, Harris County, Texas
😁

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Everyone can stop with Deion.

#1 - he’s not a fan of A&M from what I’ve heard (take a guess)

#2 - Deion doesn’t code switch like sumlin 

Not only that, Deion reportedly gets $10M/yr from Nike. He's not giving that up and idk if Adidass wants to fork over that kind of cash.

11 minutes ago, ryskey said:

aggy would never lie, cheat or steal, sir

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, immamac said:

I don’t see how they fired Jimbo. There is no world where it makes sense on a guaranteed contract to just end things mid season with over 7 years left on the deal. They are better off hiring expensive coordinators and trying again or paying more players than hiring a new coach and being successful. It makes no financial sense at all and they shouldn’t even have a football team. 

...and after a 52-10 destruction of a "rival", lolololol.