Jonathan Smith 16/1
Deion Sanders 20/1
Jedd Fisch 20/1
Lance Leipold 20/1
Sherrone Moore 20/1
Urban Meyer 20/1
Bill Belichick 50/1
Jim Harbaugh 50/1

aggy hiring Kiffin is about as likely as them hiring me to be their social media guy...Half the aggy I know absolutely hate him for his ruthless and hilarious trolling of them.

For Campbell to take the job he'd have to pull a Petrino- no not banging a secretary and getting his ass kicked by her fiance- but bail on an NFL team during the season.  Should have been career suicide but coaching is a crazy business.  These things won't happen because in the first case there's not a guy in the building that's not on the roster that would have a prayer against Campbell in a fight , and in the second case because he's actually a competent NFL head coach

8 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

I'd prefer Elko as he's falling on his ass right now. 

Didn't he just lose a double overtime game on the road against a ranked team while having to start what was originally his 3rd string QB? I don't think you can call what he is doing at Duke as falling on his ass. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, Josef Pwag said:

Didn't he just lose a double overtime game on the road against a ranked team while having to start what was originally his 3rd string QB? I don't think you can call what he is doing at Duke as falling on his ass. 

Also beat Clemson bad and took Notre Dame to the last possession with a QB no other school wanted. He's hardly failing.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

I still think they'll hire Briles.

aggies don't lie, cheat or steal. But rape is cool.

15 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Wouldn't the AD have had to talk to a bunch of donors to cover the buyout? Wouldn't they have said "okay but you have to go too you fucking moron." Or are there really that many rich aggy who are fine just torching their cash into jimbo's bank account?

You apparently missed this: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Czkh7TgOwT_/

9 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Next coach current betting odds from SportsBetting.ag:

Lane Kiffin 5/1
Dan Lanning 6/1
Mike Elko 7/1
Mike Norvell 7/1
Jeff Traylor 10/1
Kalen DeBoer 10/1
James Franklin 12/1
Chris Klieman 14/1
Dan Campbell 14/1
Dan Quinn 14/1
Kliff Kingsbury 14/1
Sonny Dykes 14/1
Glen Schumann 16/1
Jonathan Smith 16/1
Deion Sanders 20/1
Jedd Fisch 20/1
Lance Leipold 20/1
Sherrone Moore 20/1
Urban Meyer 20/1
Bill Belichick 50/1
Jim Harbaugh 50/1

I get the wishlist. I also understand gomer is fully capable of shooting first and aiming later... but at some point there has to be limits on the amount of money right? Surely they learned a little something from the Dumbo contract? So trying to take an unbiased look at this list:

Norvell - First off, he has something going at FSU. He is signed through 2029 with an AAV of 8.05M. Not sure how much higher FSU is willing to go but that certainly puts you in the ballpark of 10M+ AAV.

Lanning - 20M buyout. AAV of 7.5M through 2028. You have to believe Oregon is willing to go higher to avoid being poached again. So, another 10M+ AAV with a 20M cherry on top.

Kiffin - Basically 9M AAV right now. Not sure how hard Ole Piss fights to keep him. Which would be telling in itself. Either way, you are still talking 9M+ AAV.

DeBoer - May be a wildcard but have to think Washington might do what it can to retain.

Elko - Definitely realistic, affordable. I wouldn't be initially concerned with their future if this is the direction they go. However, he would probably be able to avoid a mass exodus on the defensive side of the ball and would mean Elijah Robinson stays.

Traylor - Definitely in play. My hope would be he goes somewhere else.

Franklin - By all means, please. This guy cannot win a meaningful game.

Kliff - LOL, his teams would be Charmin soft just like his bro Lincoln.

Klienman - Good coach but hasn't been able to beat Texas. That would be the first thing people would point out.

Deion - Reportedly gets 10M/yr from his Nike deal. Adidass really willing to lay out that kind of scratch to help out 8&4?

• Like 1

Having had a day to digest this news, I'm not really surprised.  The only thing that really surprised me was the timing.  They could have waited out the remaining two games and cut Jimbo loose, and nobody would have batted an eye, other than that ridiculous payout.

On the other hand, I gotta give Jimbo a lot of credit.  He fleeced those gomers for a dollar amount I previously wouldn't have thought possible.  The man could go buy an island in the South Pacific, surround himself with hula girls, and never work another day in his life with all the money aggy has to pay him now.

My heart tells me that anyone who takes that job is a damn fool.  But then my head realizes that it's the easiest con in the world.  Just convince those gomers you're worth a damn, get hired, halfass your way through the job, and then collect Fuck You money on your way out the door.  How do I sign up for that gig?

At the end of the day, aggy gonna aggy.  It's what they do.  You can set your watch to it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

^ the tweet from a few pages back. Too on-the-nose so I had to see if this really happened.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/texas-am-donation-check-jimbo-fisher-final-game/

Texas A&M Presented A $160M Athletic Donation Check On Sidelines During Jimbo Fisher’s Last Game

Spoiler

Texas A&M made the surprising call to fire Jimbo Fisher on Sunday following the Aggies 51-10 win over Mississippi State. While rumors have been circulating that a divorce was imminent, not many expected the move to be made after the team’s most dominant performance.

Much of the speculation centered around Fisher’s massive buyout, which was north of $75 million. Have no fear, the 12th Man donors are here!

Oil prices are WAY UP and the pockets of TAMU supporters are deep.

Texas A&M guaranteed the head coach an unthinkable $75 million contract ahead of the 2018 season, luring Fisher away from Florida State.

That number was bumped to $95 million after a 9-1 season in 2020.

Unfortunately, the on-field results began to decline shortly thereafter. The Ags went 8-4 in 2021, though they did pick up a win over Alabama. They then went 5-7 last season leading Fisher’s seat to grow scorching hot.

This year hasn’t been much better in the win-loss column, with TAMU entering this weekend at 5-4. That, paired with an incredible rise of instate rival Texas, had many in College Station growing unhappy.

In Fisher’s defense, all three of Texas A&M’s SEC defeats have come by one score to teams ranked in the Top 25. Still, with a roster full of 5-star talent, the product was clearly not meeting the expectations of the fanbase.

Despite a buyout of more than $75 million, Aggie brass decided it was time to move on.

Texas A&M presents $160M donation check during Jimbo Fisher’s last game.

The athletic department certainly isn’t hurting for money. In fact, just before firing Fisher, AD Ross Bjork was presented a $160 million donation check from 12th Man supporters.

College football followers immediately commented on the timing of that presentation.

“The timing of this check presentation was a boss move.”

“That’s the literal money for a coaching payout and hire I’m so dead.”

“My boys and I were watching the whole time thinking ‘There’s Jimbo’s buyout.'”

“Bjork, the king of in game presentations.”

“When they showed this check during one of the media timeouts, I knew it was Jimbover.”

It will be interesting to see where Texas A&M goes from here. Despite receiving the boot, Jimbo Fisher won’t be hurting for money anytime soon.

Jacob Elsey BroBible avatar
BroBible writer. Jacob is a graduate of the University of South Carolina and is based in Charleston, SC.

Atlas Tire Paraller M/T 33X12.50R18 E (10 Ply) Mud Terrain TireAtlas Tire Paraller M/T. FEATURES AND BENEFITS: Mud terrain traction; Enhanced controllability; Longer lasting tread life; All season traction; . OVERVIEW: The Atlas Tire Paraller M/T is a mud terrain, all season tire manufactured for light trucks. Atlas Tire offers a 50,000 mile treadwear warranty with this model.Mud terrain traction is promoted with the tread design with the aggressive block placement. The staggered blocks, open shoulders, and high void ratio enable the tire to upgrade the soft, loose, and uneven terrain traction. These elements work together to boost the tire's forward motion at all times, enhancing the deep mud and loose dirt traction. The tread elements along with the stone ejecting ribs keep the footprint clean at all times. The staggered blocks and high void ratiPriority Tire| Click

Atlas Tire Paraller M/T 305/60R18 E (10 Ply) Mud Terrain TireAtlas Tire Paraller M/T. FEATURES AND BENEFITS: Mud terrain traction; Enhanced controllability; Longer lasting tread life; All season traction; . OVERVIEW: The Atlas Tire Paraller M/T is a mud terrain, all season tire manufactured for light trucks. Atlas Tire offers a 50,000 mile treadwear warranty with this model.Mud terrain traction is promoted with the tread design with the aggressive block placement. The staggered blocks, open shoulders, and high void ratio enable the tire to upgrade the soft, loose, and uneven terrain traction. These elements work together to boost the tire's forward motion at all times, enhancing the deep mud and loose dirt traction. The tread elements along with the stone ejecting ribs keep the footprint clean at all times. The staggered blocks and high void ratiPriority Tire| Click

UFC Legend Anderson Silva Looks Nearly Unrecognizable In Recent Picture

BY JORGE ALONSOLAST UPDATED NOV 6, 2023 1:21 PM
ansilva.png

GETTY IMAGE

UFC legend Anderson Silva is enjoying his time off from combat sports.

The 48-year-old last fought against Jake Paul in a boxing match last year in a loss, and it’s unclear if he’ll ever fight again.

Earlier this year, Silva expressed his interest in fighting one final time in Japan before retiring.

Via MMA Fighting

“I’m now focused on these two projects and pretty soon we’ll have something nice regarding fighting,” Silva said. “We’re in talks with Japan for a possible last MMA fight in Japan. It makes all the sense. I started my career internationally there, so we probably want to it end there, too. Let’s see if that happens.”..

“We’re waiting for these movie works to end, the projects I’m doing. So we go to Japan and sit down to talk with the people interested in taking this fight to Japan and end my MMA career there.”

Last week, Silva promoted a biopic series based on his life that is being released on Paramount Brazil.

While promoting the biopic, Silva posted a selfie on Instagram and he’s looking a bit different these days.

Jorge Alonso BroBible avatar
Jorge Alonso   
Brobible sports editor. Jorge is a Miami native and lifelong Heat fan. He has been covering the NBA, MLB and NFL professionally for almost 10 years, specializing in digital media. Email: jorge@brobible.com

IN PARTNERSHIP WITHParadigm Media
x

Here Are Our Favorite Delta-9 Gummies For Kicking Back (WAY Back) And Relaxing

#SPONSORED
BROBIBLE MAY EARN A COMMISSION IF YOU BUY A PRODUCT OR SERVICE VIA LINKS IN THIS ARTICLE.
BY TOM CONROYNOVEMBER 2, 2023 10:00 AM
Here are our favorite Delta-9 gummies

PARADIGM MEDIA

We all lead busy lives in different ways: school, work, families, taxes, bills, the overall crushing stress that comes with living in this world…it’s a lot! We can try a lot of different ways to kick back and relax, but that’s easier said than done. Luckily, some geniuses/saints somewhere discovered a new way to unwind that deserves the Nobel Prize: Delta-9 gummies.

Shopping for cannabis products has come a long way over the years. Shopping for THC gummies feels like going to a fancy electronics store. That’s because with new advances comes new, sophisticated ways to enjoy it. Delta-9, a compound found, is the hot trend in the market that delivers a unique experience for those in need of R&R.

Benefits of Delta-9 Gummies

• Stress and anxiety relief: Calming. Soothing. Unwinding. That’s what many customers have experienced from using Delta-9, and so can you.
  • Versatility: Cannabis used to require so many extra steps and accessories. Here’s how you enjoy gummies: put it in your mouth no, chew, swallow, and wait. It’s so easy to have gummies in your pocket, drawer, or backpack whenever you need it.
  • Customizable experiences: Not sure where to start or how it might affect you? No problem. Everyone’s different. There are a variety of gummies in terms of dosage and experience. Start slow and low and see how you feel. No shame in playing it safe. In fact, we’d prefer it if you did.
  • Legalization trends: If you currently live in a state where it’s legal, bully for you. If you live in a state where it’s not, have faith. Little by little, cannabis products like Delta-9 gummies are gaining traction from coast to coast. Change in this country can be a painful slog through the mud, but change is coming.

To help you with your shopping experience, we’ve compiled some of our favorite Delta-9 gummies on the market that we think that you’ll love. The (mg) above each product refers to the Delta-9 THC dosage per gummy.

Binoid Delta 9 THC Gummies (10 MG)

Binoid Delta 9 THC Gummies

Uplifting, motivating, and a calming body sensation. Infused with a premium Live Resin Full Spectrum mix of Delta 9, other powerful hemp compounds, and beneficial terpenes to give a well-rounded and powerful effect. Plus, delicious flavors like Black Raspberry, Mango Madness, and Fruit Punch.

BUY NOW @ BINOID – $33.99

Slumber CBN Afternoon Delight CBD + THC Gummies (5 MG)

Slumber CBN Afternoon Delight CBD + THC Gummies

The perfect gummy with a subtle buzz for relaxation at the end of a long day. Made from small-batch Colorado hemp. Formulated with the highest quality Full Spectrum hemp distillate containing a naturally occurring 5mg Delta-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), 30mg of CBD, and 10mg of CBG. Who needs happy hour at the bar?

BUY NOW @ SLUMBER CBN – $59.95

Joy Organics Delta 9 THC Gummies (10 MG)

Joy Organics 10mg Delta 9 THC Gummies

A definite step up in strength if you’ve been on the gummy train for a long time. The perfect balance of 10mg THC and 10mg CBD. Plus, a deliciously tart raspberry lime flavor.

BUY NOW @ JOY ORGANICS – $59.95

FAB CBD Delta 9 Gummies (5 MG)

FAB CBD Delta 9 Gummies

Made with hemp-derived, dispensary-grade delta-9 THC and 5mg of CBD, FAB’s gummies are perfect for people who want to mellow out without what I like to call “turning into pudding.”

BUY NOW @ FAB CBD – $69

allitom Delta-9 THC Vegan Kiwi & Strawberry Gummies (10 MG)

allitom Delta-9 THC Vegan Kiwi & Strawberry Gummies

The recurring trend with all of these gummies? They’re delicious. These Delta-9 gummies come in kiwi and strawberry (a tropical 1-2 punch) and a 10mg THC/20mg CBD balance that floats like a butterfly and stings like…nothing. Bee stings aren’t allowed when you’re vibing.

BUY NOW @ ALLITOM – $49.99

cbdMD Delta 9 Gummies – Relax (5 MG)

cbdMD Delta 9 Gummies - Relax

Just remember the old saying: Indica = in da couch. You know that feeling when you find that perfect position when you sit on the couch and you never want to get up again? Think Joey and Chandler when they hit the recliners. That’s the kind of relaxation from cbdMD’s Indica-style experience gummies.

BUY NOW @ CBDMD – $34.99

Green Roads Strawberry Sunset THC Relax Gummies (10 MG)

Green Roads Strawberry Sunset THC Relax Gummies

You get home from work, you throw your backpack and work clothes on the floor, you pull on a comfy T-shirt and joggers, and you CHILL. Get that feeling every time with Green Roads’ blend of 10mg THC and 20mg CBD.

BUY NOW @ CBDMD – $54.99

Delta Munchies Strawberry Shortcake Delta 9 Gummies (10 MG)

Delta Munchies Strawberry Shortcake Delta 9 Gummies

Delta Munchies have been making these fine products for 15 years, so you can count on them to create a perfectly formulated gummy hemp-derived, full-spectrum gummy that contains 11 major cannabinoids. That’s a whole lot of science in the name of chill.

BUY NOW @ DELTA MUNCHIES – $49.99

PlusCBD Reserve Extra Gummies – Dragonfruit (5 MG)

PlusCBD Reserve Extra Gummies - Dragonfruit (5 MG)

5mg of THC combined with 25mg of CBD sounds like a lot, but trust us: this is a 5:1 ratio perfectly calibrated If you’re looking to start slow, eat about half the gummy and see how that makes you feel before you jump into a whole.

BUY NOW @ DELTA MUNCHIES – $64.99

Tom Conroy BroBible avatar
Tom Conroy is a journalist-turned-copywriter for BroBible. He is an NYC native, Marquette University alum, and current resident of Milwaukee, which means he spends a great deal of time screaming about the Yankees between bites of cheese curds and sips of Spotted Cow.

IN PARTNERSHIP WITHGrunt Style
x

Navy SEAL Turned Instructor Rich Graham Describes What Being A Full Spectrum Warrior is All About

#GRUNT STYLE
BROBIBLE MAY EARN A COMMISSION IF YOU BUY A PRODUCT OR SERVICE VIA LINKS IN THIS ARTICLE.
BY BRANDON WENERDLAST UPDATED NOV 7, 2023 2:32 PM

rich-graham.webp?w=650

“‘I trained at BUD/S and served with SEAL Team Ten,’ shares Rich Graham, his voice echoing the depths of his journey as a Navy SEAL.

When a small pox vaccine mishap triggered a blood clot and called his SEAL career into question, he didn’t just survive; he navigated into uncharted waters with unwavering resolve.

“The small pox double dose was in a rush to get me deployed, more so than an accident,” Rich explains. “They didn’t have time, as there is a separation in time for the booster. They just did both at the same time.”

After his Navy career ended abruptly, Rich founded Full Spectrum Warriors™, which specializes in a holistic training approach that merges firearms expertise, combat tactics, and physical conditioning to build a comprehensive warrior ethos. “It’s about adopting a warrior mindset for the daily grind,” Rich emphasizes. This philosophy centers on tactical skill and self-defense for individuals and organizations, while cultivating the mental toughness and resilience essential for overcoming life’s challenges with confidence. Full Spectrum Warrior isn’t merely about marksmanship—it’s a comprehensive shaping of the warrior, where tactical skill aligns with endurance, nutrition, and mental fortitude.

Rich Graham doesn’t just represent Grunt Style as a brand influencer; he lives it, breathes it, and brings it to life for others.

We sat down with Rich to unpack his storied military service and how he’s redefining readiness, starting with the mind—guiding police departments and other organizations towards peak performance and their best selves with the power of mindset.

SHOP RICH’S GRUNT STYLE COLLECTION

To start off, could you tell us a bit about yourself, your service, and what you do currently?

Sure. I joined the Navy at 18 and was in boot camp when I turned 19. I trained at BUD/S (Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL) and served with SEAL Team Ten, doing two tours. I served as a sniper and held various roles on the team. During my second deployment, I had a health scare—I developed a major blood clot in my brachial vein after receiving a double dosage of the smallpox vaccine by accident. Despite multiple attempts, the clot couldn’t be treated successfully, and it ended my Navy career since I could no longer pass the physicals for diving and jumping, which are essential for a SEAL.

Have you managed to sort out your disability benefits?

It’s a work in progress. At 25, when I left the military, I didn’t pursue a medical discharge properly. I was worried it would affect my chances of being hired by private military contractors. Nobody explained how the system worked, so I was honorably discharged without any disability claim. Now, I’m trying to rectify that, which is a more challenging process.

What did you do after leaving the military?

I returned to my hometown in New Jersey, started personal training at a gym, and worked at a martial arts studio. Through Thai boxing, I met SWAT officers who invited me to their sniper school. I ended up teaching tactical pistol courses for police departments from various states.

Why were you so willing to say yes to teaching?

I felt I could really contribute. With my background in personal training and martial arts, I was skilled at communicating complex movements in simpler terms. The officers often told me they’d never had it explained in such a straightforward way. As I got involved, I realized the police training wasn’t as advanced as I expected, so I volunteered my expertise.

How did you transition into your current role from there?

I recognized that firearms training was my niche. Although I was a competent trainer in other fields, firearms training was where I could excel. Around 2014, I committed to firearms training full-time, turning it into a viable business venture, which quickly gained traction

What’s the most significant feedback you’ve received from your training programs?

The feedback has consistently been positive about my ability to simplify complex tactics into manageable, easy-to-understand concepts. It’s about structuring the training in layers, allowing for easy comprehension, replication, and application. This methodical approach seems to resonate well with both law enforcement and civilians.

It sounds like you’ve found a meaningful way to continue serving after your military career.

Absolutely. It’s about adapting what I know from the SEAL teams to fit the different contexts that civilians and law enforcement encounter. Tailoring the skills and strategies to their needs has been both a challenge and a reward in my post-military career.

Rich, with all you’re doing now, what veteran causes are you passionate about advocating for?

I’ve been leading the Home Front K9 Project for about seven or eight years. We train service dogs for Special Forces families, and our aim is to integrate these dogs while the service members are still active. It’s like a preemptive strike, you know? We want to help with the transition before they’re out of service. Getting a vet to listen to how they’re messing up isn’t easy—they’ll just shut you down. But with the dogs, it’s different. We teach them clear, direct communication with no room for sarcasm or snark. It’s a reflection of how we should interact with our families too, fixing things before they fall apart. We’re also deeply involved in suicide prevention with Operation Restored Warrior and Mighty Oaks, focusing on spiritual healing through faith. I’ve been part of extreme sports fundraisers and a cross-country bike ride for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, which was all about supporting the children of fallen soldiers with scholarships. It’s just… now we’re more focused on preventing veteran suicide, especially with how colleges can sometimes be… let’s just say, not on the same page as us.

That’s really inspiring. Let’s pivot to Grunt Style. Can you share your experience working with them as a creator?

Grunt Style’s been like family. Kelsey introduced me to you guys, and the team’s always gone the extra mile. When I got married, they sent over this amazing care package. They’ve supported events like our Protector Summit too. It’s cool to see students show up already wearing Grunt Style—it’s a big, like-minded community.

How about creating content for Grunt Style? How’s that been going?

It’s been easy. You send me so much gear that I end up posting way more than required. I’m always in it—whether I’m at the gym with those silkies you know I love, at the range, or just around town. We should sync up though, make sure what I’m creating fits with what Grunt Style wants to feature more of.

rich-graham-2.webp?w=400

Have you ever been recognized for wearing Grunt Style gear?

All the time. It’s like a badge of honor, you know?

And your favorite piece of gear from them?

Definitely the silkies for the gym. But for everyday wear, it’s those flannels—great for carrying concealed. And I can’t get enough of those band-themed T-shirts, the patriotic spin-offs, they’re just fun.

Rich, throughout this interview, you’ve shared that you’re committed to continuing service. After leaving the military because your service was unexpectedly cut short, you’ve been seeking ways to keep serving. So, the final question is: Why do you still serve even though you no longer wear the uniform, and what motivates you?

Honestly, I’m driven by the desire to empower others. I believe our job is never really finished. For those of us with this kind of mindset, there’s always more that can be done. Our charity, Home Front K9 Project, uses the slogan “Born to Serve.” It refers to both the service dogs and the veterans or families they assist. Just as the dog serves, we serve our community. And for me, it’s now about serving God and my faith, which inspires me to empower others, not just focusing on myself but also on how we can uplift those around us.

rich-2.webp?w=400

You’ve spoken a lot about your work with police departments and Full Spectrum Warrior, but haven’t delved into details. Can you explain what Full Spectrum Warrior is, and what it consists of? It’s an important part of your story.

Sure. Full Spectrum Warrior began when I started working with police and firefighters. I realized that many were struggling with their weight—a lifestyle issue. People wanted to train like Navy SEALs, but I had to explain there’s more to it than just shooting well. Like a UFC fighter, they train technically, but also focus on strength, endurance, diet, and mental resilience. Full Spectrum Warrior embodies this well-rounded approach to life and success. Each aspect of life, represented by the swords in our symbol, needs to be developed to maintain success. It’s about adopting a warrior mindset for the daily grind. We mainly offer shooting schools, but there’s an emphasis on mindset and lifestyle as well.

What feedback have you gotten from the mindset training?

The feedback has been really positive. We’ve helped people reach and maintain their goals. I’m writing a book titled “The Full Spectrum Warrior Lifestyle” to compile years of coaching into something that can reach even more people. It’s about recognizing and avoiding the small things that can derail us. People have told me how they now catch themselves before making mistakes, thanks to this mindset. It’s been rewarding to hear their stories.

This ties into what the Grunt Style Foundation is doing. Many veterans fear the transition out of the military, because they lose their sense of identity. What you’re doing, Rich, is helping them find a new sense of purpose and identity. The proof is in the pudding.

Absolutely, it’s about guiding them to find that new purpose and belonging, just as others have done for us.

brandon-wenerd.jpg?w=64
Brandon Wenerd is BroBible's publisher, writing on this site since 2009. He writes about sports, music, men's fashion, outdoor gear, traveling, skiing, and epic adventures. Based in Los Angeles, he also enjoys interviewing athletes and entertainers. Proud Penn State alum, former New Yorker. Email: brandon@brobible.com

IN PARTNERSHIP WITHJohn Deere
x

John Deere Expert Breaks Down Cold-Weather Land Care With Compact Utility Tractors (CUTs)

#SPONSORED
BY TOM CONROYLAST UPDATED NOV 2, 2023 4:09 PM
Shop John Deere compact utility tractors

JOHN DEERE

Fall is upon us, but blink twice and it’ll be winter before you know it. For those of you homeowners out there with a considerable amount of upkeep around your house, now would be a good time to address what you plan on doing about lawn care, landscaping, snow removal, and any other dirty jobs. We’ll save you time guessing and turn to the pros at John Deere and their line of compact utility tractors (CUTs).

As newlyweds, my wife and I naturally have begun the process of looking at houses and know that we want plenty of green space. However, she grew up on a farm and I grew up in Manhattan. Guess who has no idea how to “take care of land”? I desperately need a lesson on where to start.

We sat down with Mark Davey, John Deere’s product manager and resident expert on CUTs, to walk us through the ins and outs of land and lawn maintenance and what tractor is best for you.

What sets John Deere tractors apart from other tractor brands?

We’ve got over 180 years of heritage and engineering to make sure that we’re building a complete solution and putting out a great product for our customers that’s going to help them on their land. Studying customers’ needs is what we do to provide solutions that help get the jobs done on their land quickly and easily.

It’s all about simplicity for our customers. We want to save them time and make them feel good about being able to operate the equipment easily, get the job done, and then get on to enjoying their property. If you’re building a new fire pit on your land, you don’t want to spend a ton of time creating it; you want to get it done and be able to enjoy that firepit with family and friends. Making tasks like that easy is what we’re all about.

What kind of selection can customers expect from John Deere when they’re looking for landscaping and lawn care solutions?

We’ve got over 20 different models in the compact utility tractor lineup in the 25-75 horsepower range that we have really designed and engineered to do different tasks around your land. And really goes through all the different seasons of the year. Being able to manage lawns, pastures, and all the different aspects of managing a property you might think of are the types of things that we built John Deere tractors to be able to do for our customers.

For those who are new to looking for this kind of equipment, what would you say is a good starting point that customers can think about when they begin the shopping process?

Understand what you want to do first with it and envision where you want to go with all the different tasks. You want to make sure that you’re buying a tractor that’ll be able to accomplish those tasks and not wish you had bought a tractor with more horsepower and more features. So, know your project horizon and the different things you want to accomplish. Then consult your John Deere dealer about what kind of horsepower and features you need to be able to do those jobs so you can buy the right tractor for your land.

John Deere 1 Series 1025R Compact Utility Tractor

As we look at our lineup, we start with the 1 Series that’s our entry into a compact tractor versus one of our lawn tractors that are more focused on mowing the yard. With a 23-25 horsepower tractor and loader, you can do a lot of work, even on a smaller property, throughout all the seasons.

As we make the transition between seasons, what should homeowners look for in terms of equipment to manage things from fall into winter?

For starters, many parts of the country will have leaves that start falling on your lawn and it’s important to keep those off your lawn. We have a material collection system that you can collect leaves with on most of our tractors. Being able to do that while mowing at the end of the summer season going into fall will help keep grass from being killed out and also help prevent disease in your lawn.

Another task we recommend at this fall time of the year is aerating. We offer core aerators and different overseeding options as well to seed that grass back in.

John Deere snow blower

For winter, our lineup of snow blowers, blades, and brooms is great if you’re dealing with a lot of snow.  On the larger frame size, it’s the Frontier SB12F with an 80-inch slow clearing capacity on the front. We built that to match our new 4075R tractor. It has a new heavy-duty front axle on it that’s built to manage commercial-grade jobs like moving snow with this front snowblower.

We’ve talked a lot about the “do’s” of maintaining your land. What are some of the “don’t’s” or common mistakes that people often make with upkeep?

Make sure that you fertilize for the fall. Going into the harshness of winter, even though your lawn is not growing, it still needs food to be able to build root structures during the winter months.

In addition, make sure you stay up on the maintenance that is called out in the operator’s manual. Each tractor’s going to have those service intervals that are called out for upkeep. Check your tires, keep proper coolant levels, and inspect air filters to make sure they’re clean. Winter can be a hard time on batteries, so if you’re starting up in colder conditions, it can take more draw on the battery. Keep an eye on your battery, and stay connected with your John Deere dealer for any assistance with those maintenance activities.

Tom Conroy is a journalist-turned-copywriter for BroBible. He is an NYC native, Marquette University alum, and current resident of Milwaukee, which means he spends a great deal of time screaming about the Yankees between bites of cheese curds and sips of Spotted Cow.

2 hours ago, NoName said:

clear regression?

they are 7-3 with the losses being by 3 to Houston (outgained Hou by 73 yards, avg 5.9 YPC BUT had 8 penalties and 3 turnovers) , to Army (style issue + frank harris didn't play) and Tennessee (expected, but Harris was hurt for that game as well)

they are 6-0 in conference and likely will be playing Tulane on the last week of the season with a chance to go to the AAC championship game on the line depending on what happens with SMU (8-2 Memphis and Navy left)

image.png.6989e4f05bda31fd0abe1335a3205dae.png

the issue with Traylor is he doesn't have the juice A&M fans and donors are going to want because of his name and UTSA. but he would do very good at that job IMHO

also, Duke lost by 2 points to North Carolina in double OT, while missing their clear best player and QB and after mounting a pretty huge 4thQ comeback. if you think that DUKE losing to NORTH CAROLINA in 2 OTs is bad idk what to tell you.

UTSA was better last season both in terms of W/L and the eye test. His ceiling is PJ Fleck.

1 hour ago, LonghornBreeder said:

I know that from the outside you can't understand it, and from the inside you can't explain it... but can't somebody from the outside explain what these idiots are doing in this pose?

Most of my cousins are Ags and I've never come across this dumb shit.

Guy in the back is giving his friend a handjob while the pic was being taken so there's that

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

Yes, they are a team I follow. Good coach but not someone I'd burn $76M for a chance to hire.

Then you'd know they lost their best two receivers from last year, they've had injuries at the RB positions, their starting QB missed early season games, and etc. A&M was reaching the Tom Herman recruiting is cooked and future outlook of the program is cooked point of his tenure. They had to make a move. If they can get Traylor at a discount of 5-6 million while having to pay out 7.2 million to Jimbo through 2031. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

12 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

^ the tweet from a few pages back. Too on-the-nose so I had to see if this really happened.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/texas-am-donation-check-jimbo-fisher-final-game/

Texas A&M Presented A $160M Athletic Donation Check On Sidelines During Jimbo Fisher’s Last Game

Reveal hidden contents

Texas A&M made the surprising call to fire Jimbo Fisher on Sunday following the Aggies 51-10 win over Mississippi State. While rumors have been circulating that a divorce was imminent, not many expected the move to be made after the team’s most dominant performance.

Much of the speculation centered around Fisher’s massive buyout, which was north of $75 million. Have no fear, the 12th Man donors are here!

Oil prices are WAY UP and the pockets of TAMU supporters are deep.

Texas A&M guaranteed the head coach an unthinkable $75 million contract ahead of the 2018 season, luring Fisher away from Florida State.

That number was bumped to $95 million after a 9-1 season in 2020.

Unfortunately, the on-field results began to decline shortly thereafter. The Ags went 8-4 in 2021, though they did pick up a win over Alabama. They then went 5-7 last season leading Fisher’s seat to grow scorching hot.

This year hasn’t been much better in the win-loss column, with TAMU entering this weekend at 5-4. That, paired with an incredible rise of instate rival Texas, had many in College Station growing unhappy.

In Fisher’s defense, all three of Texas A&M’s SEC defeats have come by one score to teams ranked in the Top 25. Still, with a roster full of 5-star talent, the product was clearly not meeting the expectations of the fanbase.

Despite a buyout of more than $75 million, Aggie brass decided it was time to move on.

Texas A&M presents $160M donation check during Jimbo Fisher’s last game.

The athletic department certainly isn’t hurting for money. In fact, just before firing Fisher, AD Ross Bjork was presented a $160 million donation check from 12th Man supporters.

College football followers immediately commented on the timing of that presentation.

“The timing of this check presentation was a boss move.”

“That’s the literal money for a coaching payout and hire I’m so dead.”

“My boys and I were watching the whole time thinking ‘There’s Jimbo’s buyout.'”

“Bjork, the king of in game presentations.”

“When they showed this check during one of the media timeouts, I knew it was Jimbover.”

It will be interesting to see where Texas A&M goes from here. Despite receiving the boot, Jimbo Fisher won’t be hurting for money anytime soon.

Jacob Elsey BroBible avatar
BroBible writer. Jacob is a graduate of the University of South Carolina and is based in Charleston, SC.

Atlas Tire Paraller M/T 33X12.50R18 E (10 Ply) Mud Terrain TireAtlas Tire Paraller M/T. FEATURES AND BENEFITS: Mud terrain traction; Enhanced controllability; Longer lasting tread life; All season traction; . OVERVIEW: The Atlas Tire Paraller M/T is a mud terrain, all season tire manufactured for light trucks. Atlas Tire offers a 50,000 mile treadwear warranty with this model.Mud terrain traction is promoted with the tread design with the aggressive block placement. The staggered blocks, open shoulders, and high void ratio enable the tire to upgrade the soft, loose, and uneven terrain traction. These elements work together to boost the tire's forward motion at all times, enhancing the deep mud and loose dirt traction. The tread elements along with the stone ejecting ribs keep the footprint clean at all times. The staggered blocks and high void ratiPriority Tire| Click

Atlas Tire Paraller M/T 305/60R18 E (10 Ply) Mud Terrain TireAtlas Tire Paraller M/T. FEATURES AND BENEFITS: Mud terrain traction; Enhanced controllability; Longer lasting tread life; All season traction; . OVERVIEW: The Atlas Tire Paraller M/T is a mud terrain, all season tire manufactured for light trucks. Atlas Tire offers a 50,000 mile treadwear warranty with this model.Mud terrain traction is promoted with the tread design with the aggressive block placement. The staggered blocks, open shoulders, and high void ratio enable the tire to upgrade the soft, loose, and uneven terrain traction. These elements work together to boost the tire's forward motion at all times, enhancing the deep mud and loose dirt traction. The tread elements along with the stone ejecting ribs keep the footprint clean at all times. The staggered blocks and high void ratiPriority Tire| Click

UFC Legend Anderson Silva Looks Nearly Unrecognizable In Recent Picture

BY JORGE ALONSOLAST UPDATED NOV 6, 2023 1:21 PM
ansilva.png

GETTY IMAGE

UFC legend Anderson Silva is enjoying his time off from combat sports.

The 48-year-old last fought against Jake Paul in a boxing match last year in a loss, and it’s unclear if he’ll ever fight again.

Earlier this year, Silva expressed his interest in fighting one final time in Japan before retiring.

Via MMA Fighting

“I’m now focused on these two projects and pretty soon we’ll have something nice regarding fighting,” Silva said. “We’re in talks with Japan for a possible last MMA fight in Japan. It makes all the sense. I started my career internationally there, so we probably want to it end there, too. Let’s see if that happens.”..

“We’re waiting for these movie works to end, the projects I’m doing. So we go to Japan and sit down to talk with the people interested in taking this fight to Japan and end my MMA career there.”

Last week, Silva promoted a biopic series based on his life that is being released on Paramount Brazil.

While promoting the biopic, Silva posted a selfie on Instagram and he’s looking a bit different these days.

Jorge Alonso BroBible avatar
Jorge Alonso   
Brobible sports editor. Jorge is a Miami native and lifelong Heat fan. He has been covering the NBA, MLB and NFL professionally for almost 10 years, specializing in digital media. Email: jorge@brobible.com

IN PARTNERSHIP WITHParadigm Media
x

Here Are Our Favorite Delta-9 Gummies For Kicking Back (WAY Back) And Relaxing

#SPONSORED
BY TOM CONROYNOVEMBER 2, 2023 10:00 AM
Here are our favorite Delta-9 gummies

PARADIGM MEDIA

We all lead busy lives in different ways: school, work, families, taxes, bills, the overall crushing stress that comes with living in this world…it’s a lot! We can try a lot of different ways to kick back and relax, but that’s easier said than done. Luckily, some geniuses/saints somewhere discovered a new way to unwind that deserves the Nobel Prize: Delta-9 gummies.

Shopping for cannabis products has come a long way over the years. Shopping for THC gummies feels like going to a fancy electronics store. That’s because with new advances comes new, sophisticated ways to enjoy it. Delta-9, a compound found, is the hot trend in the market that delivers a unique experience for those in need of R&R.

Benefits of Delta-9 Gummies

• Stress and anxiety relief: Calming. Soothing. Unwinding. That’s what many customers have experienced from using Delta-9, and so can you.
  • Versatility: Cannabis used to require so many extra steps and accessories. Here’s how you enjoy gummies: put it in your mouth no, chew, swallow, and wait. It’s so easy to have gummies in your pocket, drawer, or backpack whenever you need it.
  • Customizable experiences: Not sure where to start or how it might affect you? No problem. Everyone’s different. There are a variety of gummies in terms of dosage and experience. Start slow and low and see how you feel. No shame in playing it safe. In fact, we’d prefer it if you did.
  • Legalization trends: If you currently live in a state where it’s legal, bully for you. If you live in a state where it’s not, have faith. Little by little, cannabis products like Delta-9 gummies are gaining traction from coast to coast. Change in this country can be a painful slog through the mud, but change is coming.

To help you with your shopping experience, we’ve compiled some of our favorite Delta-9 gummies on the market that we think that you’ll love. The (mg) above each product refers to the Delta-9 THC dosage per gummy.

Binoid Delta 9 THC Gummies (10 MG)

Binoid Delta 9 THC Gummies

Uplifting, motivating, and a calming body sensation. Infused with a premium Live Resin Full Spectrum mix of Delta 9, other powerful hemp compounds, and beneficial terpenes to give a well-rounded and powerful effect. Plus, delicious flavors like Black Raspberry, Mango Madness, and Fruit Punch.

BUY NOW @ BINOID – $33.99

Slumber CBN Afternoon Delight CBD + THC Gummies (5 MG)

Slumber CBN Afternoon Delight CBD + THC Gummies

The perfect gummy with a subtle buzz for relaxation at the end of a long day. Made from small-batch Colorado hemp. Formulated with the highest quality Full Spectrum hemp distillate containing a naturally occurring 5mg Delta-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), 30mg of CBD, and 10mg of CBG. Who needs happy hour at the bar?

BUY NOW @ SLUMBER CBN – $59.95

Joy Organics Delta 9 THC Gummies (10 MG)

Joy Organics 10mg Delta 9 THC Gummies

A definite step up in strength if you’ve been on the gummy train for a long time. The perfect balance of 10mg THC and 10mg CBD. Plus, a deliciously tart raspberry lime flavor.

BUY NOW @ JOY ORGANICS – $59.95

FAB CBD Delta 9 Gummies (5 MG)

FAB CBD Delta 9 Gummies

Made with hemp-derived, dispensary-grade delta-9 THC and 5mg of CBD, FAB’s gummies are perfect for people who want to mellow out without what I like to call “turning into pudding.”

BUY NOW @ FAB CBD – $69

allitom Delta-9 THC Vegan Kiwi & Strawberry Gummies (10 MG)

allitom Delta-9 THC Vegan Kiwi & Strawberry Gummies

The recurring trend with all of these gummies? They’re delicious. These Delta-9 gummies come in kiwi and strawberry (a tropical 1-2 punch) and a 10mg THC/20mg CBD balance that floats like a butterfly and stings like…nothing. Bee stings aren’t allowed when you’re vibing.

BUY NOW @ ALLITOM – $49.99

cbdMD Delta 9 Gummies – Relax (5 MG)

cbdMD Delta 9 Gummies - Relax

Just remember the old saying: Indica = in da couch. You know that feeling when you find that perfect position when you sit on the couch and you never want to get up again? Think Joey and Chandler when they hit the recliners. That’s the kind of relaxation from cbdMD’s Indica-style experience gummies.

BUY NOW @ CBDMD – $34.99

Green Roads Strawberry Sunset THC Relax Gummies (10 MG)

Green Roads Strawberry Sunset THC Relax Gummies

You get home from work, you throw your backpack and work clothes on the floor, you pull on a comfy T-shirt and joggers, and you CHILL. Get that feeling every time with Green Roads’ blend of 10mg THC and 20mg CBD.

BUY NOW @ CBDMD – $54.99

Delta Munchies Strawberry Shortcake Delta 9 Gummies (10 MG)

Delta Munchies Strawberry Shortcake Delta 9 Gummies

Delta Munchies have been making these fine products for 15 years, so you can count on them to create a perfectly formulated gummy hemp-derived, full-spectrum gummy that contains 11 major cannabinoids. That’s a whole lot of science in the name of chill.

BUY NOW @ DELTA MUNCHIES – $49.99

PlusCBD Reserve Extra Gummies – Dragonfruit (5 MG)

PlusCBD Reserve Extra Gummies - Dragonfruit (5 MG)

5mg of THC combined with 25mg of CBD sounds like a lot, but trust us: this is a 5:1 ratio perfectly calibrated If you’re looking to start slow, eat about half the gummy and see how that makes you feel before you jump into a whole.

BUY NOW @ DELTA MUNCHIES – $64.99

IN PARTNERSHIP WITHGrunt Style
x

Navy SEAL Turned Instructor Rich Graham Describes What Being A Full Spectrum Warrior is All About

#GRUNT STYLE
BY BRANDON WENERDLAST UPDATED NOV 7, 2023 2:32 PM

rich-graham.webp?w=650

“‘I trained at BUD/S and served with SEAL Team Ten,’ shares Rich Graham, his voice echoing the depths of his journey as a Navy SEAL.

When a small pox vaccine mishap triggered a blood clot and called his SEAL career into question, he didn’t just survive; he navigated into uncharted waters with unwavering resolve.

“The small pox double dose was in a rush to get me deployed, more so than an accident,” Rich explains. “They didn’t have time, as there is a separation in time for the booster. They just did both at the same time.”

After his Navy career ended abruptly, Rich founded Full Spectrum Warriors™, which specializes in a holistic training approach that merges firearms expertise, combat tactics, and physical conditioning to build a comprehensive warrior ethos. “It’s about adopting a warrior mindset for the daily grind,” Rich emphasizes. This philosophy centers on tactical skill and self-defense for individuals and organizations, while cultivating the mental toughness and resilience essential for overcoming life’s challenges with confidence. Full Spectrum Warrior isn’t merely about marksmanship—it’s a comprehensive shaping of the warrior, where tactical skill aligns with endurance, nutrition, and mental fortitude.

Rich Graham doesn’t just represent Grunt Style as a brand influencer; he lives it, breathes it, and brings it to life for others.

We sat down with Rich to unpack his storied military service and how he’s redefining readiness, starting with the mind—guiding police departments and other organizations towards peak performance and their best selves with the power of mindset.

To start off, could you tell us a bit about yourself, your service, and what you do currently?

Sure. I joined the Navy at 18 and was in boot camp when I turned 19. I trained at BUD/S (Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL) and served with SEAL Team Ten, doing two tours. I served as a sniper and held various roles on the team. During my second deployment, I had a health scare—I developed a major blood clot in my brachial vein after receiving a double dosage of the smallpox vaccine by accident. Despite multiple attempts, the clot couldn’t be treated successfully, and it ended my Navy career since I could no longer pass the physicals for diving and jumping, which are essential for a SEAL.

Have you managed to sort out your disability benefits?

It’s a work in progress. At 25, when I left the military, I didn’t pursue a medical discharge properly. I was worried it would affect my chances of being hired by private military contractors. Nobody explained how the system worked, so I was honorably discharged without any disability claim. Now, I’m trying to rectify that, which is a more challenging process.

What did you do after leaving the military?

I returned to my hometown in New Jersey, started personal training at a gym, and worked at a martial arts studio. Through Thai boxing, I met SWAT officers who invited me to their sniper school. I ended up teaching tactical pistol courses for police departments from various states.

Why were you so willing to say yes to teaching?

I felt I could really contribute. With my background in personal training and martial arts, I was skilled at communicating complex movements in simpler terms. The officers often told me they’d never had it explained in such a straightforward way. As I got involved, I realized the police training wasn’t as advanced as I expected, so I volunteered my expertise.

How did you transition into your current role from there?

I recognized that firearms training was my niche. Although I was a competent trainer in other fields, firearms training was where I could excel. Around 2014, I committed to firearms training full-time, turning it into a viable business venture, which quickly gained traction

What’s the most significant feedback you’ve received from your training programs?

The feedback has consistently been positive about my ability to simplify complex tactics into manageable, easy-to-understand concepts. It’s about structuring the training in layers, allowing for easy comprehension, replication, and application. This methodical approach seems to resonate well with both law enforcement and civilians.

It sounds like you’ve found a meaningful way to continue serving after your military career.

Absolutely. It’s about adapting what I know from the SEAL teams to fit the different contexts that civilians and law enforcement encounter. Tailoring the skills and strategies to their needs has been both a challenge and a reward in my post-military career.

Rich, with all you’re doing now, what veteran causes are you passionate about advocating for?

I’ve been leading the Home Front K9 Project for about seven or eight years. We train service dogs for Special Forces families, and our aim is to integrate these dogs while the service members are still active. It’s like a preemptive strike, you know? We want to help with the transition before they’re out of service. Getting a vet to listen to how they’re messing up isn’t easy—they’ll just shut you down. But with the dogs, it’s different. We teach them clear, direct communication with no room for sarcasm or snark. It’s a reflection of how we should interact with our families too, fixing things before they fall apart. We’re also deeply involved in suicide prevention with Operation Restored Warrior and Mighty Oaks, focusing on spiritual healing through faith. I’ve been part of extreme sports fundraisers and a cross-country bike ride for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, which was all about supporting the children of fallen soldiers with scholarships. It’s just… now we’re more focused on preventing veteran suicide, especially with how colleges can sometimes be… let’s just say, not on the same page as us.

That’s really inspiring. Let’s pivot to Grunt Style. Can you share your experience working with them as a creator?

Grunt Style’s been like family. Kelsey introduced me to you guys, and the team’s always gone the extra mile. When I got married, they sent over this amazing care package. They’ve supported events like our Protector Summit too. It’s cool to see students show up already wearing Grunt Style—it’s a big, like-minded community.

How about creating content for Grunt Style? How’s that been going?

It’s been easy. You send me so much gear that I end up posting way more than required. I’m always in it—whether I’m at the gym with those silkies you know I love, at the range, or just around town. We should sync up though, make sure what I’m creating fits with what Grunt Style wants to feature more of.

rich-graham-2.webp?w=400

Have you ever been recognized for wearing Grunt Style gear?

All the time. It’s like a badge of honor, you know?

And your favorite piece of gear from them?

Definitely the silkies for the gym. But for everyday wear, it’s those flannels—great for carrying concealed. And I can’t get enough of those band-themed T-shirts, the patriotic spin-offs, they’re just fun.

Rich, throughout this interview, you’ve shared that you’re committed to continuing service. After leaving the military because your service was unexpectedly cut short, you’ve been seeking ways to keep serving. So, the final question is: Why do you still serve even though you no longer wear the uniform, and what motivates you?

Honestly, I’m driven by the desire to empower others. I believe our job is never really finished. For those of us with this kind of mindset, there’s always more that can be done. Our charity, Home Front K9 Project, uses the slogan “Born to Serve.” It refers to both the service dogs and the veterans or families they assist. Just as the dog serves, we serve our community. And for me, it’s now about serving God and my faith, which inspires me to empower others, not just focusing on myself but also on how we can uplift those around us.

rich-2.webp?w=400

You’ve spoken a lot about your work with police departments and Full Spectrum Warrior, but haven’t delved into details. Can you explain what Full Spectrum Warrior is, and what it consists of? It’s an important part of your story.

Sure. Full Spectrum Warrior began when I started working with police and firefighters. I realized that many were struggling with their weight—a lifestyle issue. People wanted to train like Navy SEALs, but I had to explain there’s more to it than just shooting well. Like a UFC fighter, they train technically, but also focus on strength, endurance, diet, and mental resilience. Full Spectrum Warrior embodies this well-rounded approach to life and success. Each aspect of life, represented by the swords in our symbol, needs to be developed to maintain success. It’s about adopting a warrior mindset for the daily grind. We mainly offer shooting schools, but there’s an emphasis on mindset and lifestyle as well.

What feedback have you gotten from the mindset training?

The feedback has been really positive. We’ve helped people reach and maintain their goals. I’m writing a book titled “The Full Spectrum Warrior Lifestyle” to compile years of coaching into something that can reach even more people. It’s about recognizing and avoiding the small things that can derail us. People have told me how they now catch themselves before making mistakes, thanks to this mindset. It’s been rewarding to hear their stories.

This ties into what the Grunt Style Foundation is doing. Many veterans fear the transition out of the military, because they lose their sense of identity. What you’re doing, Rich, is helping them find a new sense of purpose and identity. The proof is in the pudding.

Absolutely, it’s about guiding them to find that new purpose and belonging, just as others have done for us.

brandon-wenerd.jpg?w=64
Brandon Wenerd is BroBible's publisher, writing on this site since 2009. He writes about sports, music, men's fashion, outdoor gear, traveling, skiing, and epic adventures. Based in Los Angeles, he also enjoys interviewing athletes and entertainers. Proud Penn State alum, former New Yorker. Email: brandon@brobible.com

IN PARTNERSHIP WITHJohn Deere
x

John Deere Expert Breaks Down Cold-Weather Land Care With Compact Utility Tractors (CUTs)

#SPONSORED
BY TOM CONROYLAST UPDATED NOV 2, 2023 4:09 PM
Shop John Deere compact utility tractors

JOHN DEERE

Fall is upon us, but blink twice and it’ll be winter before you know it. For those of you homeowners out there with a considerable amount of upkeep around your house, now would be a good time to address what you plan on doing about lawn care, landscaping, snow removal, and any other dirty jobs. We’ll save you time guessing and turn to the pros at John Deere and their line of compact utility tractors (CUTs).

As newlyweds, my wife and I naturally have begun the process of looking at houses and know that we want plenty of green space. However, she grew up on a farm and I grew up in Manhattan. Guess who has no idea how to “take care of land”? I desperately need a lesson on where to start.

We sat down with Mark Davey, John Deere’s product manager and resident expert on CUTs, to walk us through the ins and outs of land and lawn maintenance and what tractor is best for you.

What sets John Deere tractors apart from other tractor brands?

We’ve got over 180 years of heritage and engineering to make sure that we’re building a complete solution and putting out a great product for our customers that’s going to help them on their land. Studying customers’ needs is what we do to provide solutions that help get the jobs done on their land quickly and easily.

It’s all about simplicity for our customers. We want to save them time and make them feel good about being able to operate the equipment easily, get the job done, and then get on to enjoying their property. If you’re building a new fire pit on your land, you don’t want to spend a ton of time creating it; you want to get it done and be able to enjoy that firepit with family and friends. Making tasks like that easy is what we’re all about.

What kind of selection can customers expect from John Deere when they’re looking for landscaping and lawn care solutions?

We’ve got over 20 different models in the compact utility tractor lineup in the 25-75 horsepower range that we have really designed and engineered to do different tasks around your land. And really goes through all the different seasons of the year. Being able to manage lawns, pastures, and all the different aspects of managing a property you might think of are the types of things that we built John Deere tractors to be able to do for our customers.

For those who are new to looking for this kind of equipment, what would you say is a good starting point that customers can think about when they begin the shopping process?

Understand what you want to do first with it and envision where you want to go with all the different tasks. You want to make sure that you’re buying a tractor that’ll be able to accomplish those tasks and not wish you had bought a tractor with more horsepower and more features. So, know your project horizon and the different things you want to accomplish. Then consult your John Deere dealer about what kind of horsepower and features you need to be able to do those jobs so you can buy the right tractor for your land.

John Deere 1 Series 1025R Compact Utility Tractor

As we look at our lineup, we start with the 1 Series that’s our entry into a compact tractor versus one of our lawn tractors that are more focused on mowing the yard. With a 23-25 horsepower tractor and loader, you can do a lot of work, even on a smaller property, throughout all the seasons.

As we make the transition between seasons, what should homeowners look for in terms of equipment to manage things from fall into winter?

For starters, many parts of the country will have leaves that start falling on your lawn and it’s important to keep those off your lawn. We have a material collection system that you can collect leaves with on most of our tractors. Being able to do that while mowing at the end of the summer season going into fall will help keep grass from being killed out and also help prevent disease in your lawn.

Another task we recommend at this fall time of the year is aerating. We offer core aerators and different overseeding options as well to seed that grass back in.

John Deere snow blower

For winter, our lineup of snow blowers, blades, and brooms is great if you’re dealing with a lot of snow.  On the larger frame size, it’s the Frontier SB12F with an 80-inch slow clearing capacity on the front. We built that to match our new 4075R tractor. It has a new heavy-duty front axle on it that’s built to manage commercial-grade jobs like moving snow with this front snowblower.

We’ve talked a lot about the “do’s” of maintaining your land. What are some of the “don’t’s” or common mistakes that people often make with upkeep?

Make sure that you fertilize for the fall. Going into the harshness of winter, even though your lawn is not growing, it still needs food to be able to build root structures during the winter months.

In addition, make sure you stay up on the maintenance that is called out in the operator’s manual. Each tractor’s going to have those service intervals that are called out for upkeep. Check your tires, keep proper coolant levels, and inspect air filters to make sure they’re clean. Winter can be a hard time on batteries, so if you’re starting up in colder conditions, it can take more draw on the battery. Keep an eye on your battery, and stay connected with your John Deere dealer for any assistance with those maintenance activities.

I think this check was basically the 12th man handing over all of the money they have collected for the facilities expansion project to the AD right now to cover Jimbo's buyout and subsequent hiring. I think they will have to figure out how to replace that facilities money later. 

Someone a few pages back basically said they don't have the money and they will have to do something odd to make it look like they do. I think the halftime check was just that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

This is the guy for aggy...

USATSI_21385682-scaled.jpg

I actually think he could succeed somewhat at aggy. He'd look at the "culture" there and laugh his ass off, call it stupid, and say we're not doing that shit, let's fucking play football. He'd probably also demand real cheerleaders.

Edited by 'stache
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Then you'd know they lost their best two receivers from last year, they've had injuries at the RB positions, their starting QB missed early season games, and etc. 

All coaches have to deal with hardships. I still thought they'd be better. He might be the best available option but I am not exactly overwhelmed by his resume. A hire like this I'd want someone who has been able to win consistently in P5, win big games more than lose them, and improve their teams quickly upon taking over. Doesn't look like many P5 guys are available, though.

Traylor has never been able to win a bowl game, and I'm not even sure UTSA has ever notched a win over a ranked opponent. I know he's working with fewer resources, but I wouldn't really bet the farm on him. He's got potential but he's unproven.

6 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I think this check was basically the 12th man handing over all of the money they have collected for the facilities expansion project to the AD right now to cover Jimbo's buyout and subsequent hiring. I think they will have to figure out how to replace that facilities money later. 

Someone a few pages back basically said they don't have the money and they will have to do something odd to make it look like they do. I think the halftime check was just that.

Still having a hard time believing they actually did the halftime buyout check thing. That is just wild, and I feel like I'm falling for a hoax or conspiracy theory because it tastes way too good to be true.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I actually think he could succeed somewhat at aggy. He'd look at the "culture" there and laugh his ass off, call it stupid, and say we're not doing that shit, let's fucking play football. He'd probably also demand real cheerleaders.

The quickest way to get fired at a&m is to tell them their traditions are stupid. 

For Christ's sake, they fought and defended a racist statue on their campus to keep a tradition. You think Joey Freshwater is gonna change one?

15 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Guys like elko do better at a school like Duke at getting 2 and 3 stars to play hard than being expected to only get 5 stars and mange their bullshit. Why go to a place with unrealistic expectations they place on coaches to do something they haven’t done in 90+ years? 

B/c your inevitable fall from grace is cushioned by a guaranteed / life altering amount of cash.

Then you go and coach your 2 and 3 stars again at your next gig.

10 hours ago, chainsaw said:

To be totally honest, I don't think anyone on the short lists is the answer. Traylor has been good but this season has been a clear regression. Who fires Jimbo Fisher for a resume like that? Recruiting is only one part of the job, and it goes without saying that getting overlooked players to come to UTSA is very different from attracting 5 star guys (and using the portal). Meanwhile Duke just lost to Butterteeth.

I'm impressed by most of these coaches, but I don't think you can convince a board room full of upset and delusional alums that this is the guy who's going to rebuild it right. I agree that any of them could but not a single one of them has had sustained long-term success.

2 hours ago, TejasPedro said:

Major Applewhite?
Gonna be super hard to bring in a guy on a shorter contract they are not doing another multi year deal.

Whack ass fan base is expecting Urban.

They will give Kliff a sniff. 

They should look to the state of Kansas, not sure either guy would consider a lateral to slight downgrade move, but maybe for more money.

Mack Brown would be the perfect hire...

• Has a NC
  • Knows the State of Texas
  • Wins at Kyle Field
  • Spit in the eyes of t.u.
Edited by TexasEd
  • Rage+1 3
  • Drool 1

Why would anyone take the aggy job for less of a contract than Jimbo's?

Starting the year, aggy was already behind GA, Bama, Tenn, Ole Miss and LSU. As this season played out in reality they are also behind OU and Texas which joins the SEC next year. The new coach has to recruit and coach his ass off to attempt to gain ground on the seven teams ahead of them. Aggy has set the precedent of what they are willing to pay a coach with a guaranteed contract and no buy out. I ask again why would anyone take the aggy job for less of a contract than Jimbo's?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

I'd like to see Kiffin go there for three years, get them really close to winning something, and then leave for Bama.

If Kiffin took the job, there would suddenly be a rash of incidents where someone named Joey Brownwater would be leaving dookies on sacred aggy moments all over campus.

14 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

TA, and especially Liucci, have not made the decision to hire/fire coaches in the past. They're simply Pravda for the aggy athletic department. Has their input/data perhaps influenced athletic department decisions in the past? Perhaps. But Bjork or Sharp isn't calling Liucci to ask him what they should do with regard to hiring/firing somebody like Jimbo.

Not true. They raised absolute hell and forced the firing of Sherman and (I’m sure) Franchione. Aggy’s problem is that they worry entirely too much about what others think of them so they react based on peer pressure. It’s why they make shit up and sell narratives that are self-serving instead of just being honest. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gernblansten said:

Dan Campbell went from playing 11 years in the NFL directly to coaching in the NFL the last 14 years. Currently has the Detroit fucking Lions at 7-2 and leading the NFC North. They're 14-4 in their last 18 games. Why would he go coach at aggy now?

He obviously hates working with professionals, loves recruiting, and can't wait to cater to the whims of high school athletes 

• Haha 2

I still think it'll be Elko. Makes sense for both sides. Imo jury is still out on him as a HC but he could be a good hire and would definitely be more affordable than other options.

I still don't see why Lanning would leave and how ATM could afford him after the Jimbo buyout. 

Really surprised to see Kiffin #1 on those odds. He's already at $9mm/year which would be tough for ATM to afford. Plus Kiffin has been openly making fun of ATM non-stop the last two years. He even got caught calling Bryce Anderson a pussy during last year's game.

Schumann and Traylor would likely take the job.