• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

12 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

We always discuss the plywood, but have we ever discussed the architectural features of this building? Was it designed by Frank Loyd Wright, or a Soviet architect? I can’t tell the difference.

I think Solzhenitsyn wrote a book about that.

7 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

I knew the great group of Surly youngsters wouldn’t understand, as Mike Holder (OSU) golf Coach, would actually be their Athletic Director for like the next two decades.

Hook’em!!!

Mike Holder is a tremendous douche, nobody likes him and he has no friends.  He don't care though, made so much money with Boone Pickens.

14 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

The funny thing about this is that Texas, Alabama, Georgia, tOSU, or any of the blue bloods would never do this in a million years. They would be mocked and laughed at the same way the aggies were. 

Second they gave him this trophy on the same day they recognized Carthel for actually winning the D2 championship at Commerce. They should be shamed for the rest of eternity for this stunt.

I know Carthel and his wife is still pretty mad about that. "They robbed Colby of his moment."

• Rage+1 2

9 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

That’s probably a good deal, especially if you could get it for a little less. I’d love to have one myself.

Our company owner who passed away was into cars big time. He even built a huge garage and shop(25 car) and hired a restoration guy to restore classic cars. 15 years ago he sold a restored 79 TA for $50,000.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Xminus6 said:

He’s talking about work and mentions that the people he interviews from Aggie are super weird and almost like a cult He doesn’t like hiring them despite their good PE program.

I have a few aggy customers and for the most part they are nice but, I swear, many are really lacking in social skills.  Its kind of odd but so many of them are just so dry and personality-free.  I think it is the inbred gene.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Stringer said:

I was around at the time, but I can’t remember the finer details. What’s the full list eater story? It was for the basketball ticket line, right?

Cotton Bowl versus Tennessee where they got destroyed and their cars got towed from the neighborhood during the game. All around terrible experience for the Tards on the Brazos. 

(Longhorn staff/backers had the CB on in the background while in the hotel lobby prior to the Michigan Rose Bowl. I was fortunate enough to be there along with Mack, Earl Campbell, and a lot of big money Horns. Spent a half hour or so chatting with Frank Denius. Wonderful man. And we all laughed at the plight of the Aggies)

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stringer said:

I was around at the time, but I can’t remember the finer details. What’s the full list eater story? It was for the basketball ticket line, right?

No it was Chimpanzione's second season in 2004 and the Ags were all sorts of fired up they had clawed their way out of the 0-77 basement the year before to the mighty Cotton Bowl vs Tenner.  They proceeded to get skull fuct and trail by 38 before picking up a garbage time TD from Reggie "Real Deal" McNeal to lose by 31.

Note: The only reason they got the Cotton Bowl was because BlowU was facing the condoms in the national championship and Texas was playing Michigan in the Rose Bowl

As always riding big brothers coattails and got beat down for doing so...

Edited by Pimphand
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Constant said:

IMG_5692.thumb.jpeg.ca73e83f5bc4cf42812892252aa35a4a.jpeg

Look out for that bullet train. 

there is a very good chance a near mirror version of this text exists when they fired RC to hire Fran (replacing the old guy with someone we stole from Alabama! He has been at a blue blood so he gets us! He knows how to win!)...then fired Fran to hire Mike Sherman (NFL! offensive mastermind! He gets us and was here before! He was involved with personnel at the NFL level so that will translate to recruiting!)...then fired Mike Sherman to hire Kevin Sumlin (old white guy was over the hill! Sumlin is the new blood! look at how much more of a coach he looks like than the prior guy who was fat! swagcopter! high flying offense not that 3 yards and a cloud of dust that Sherman ran!)...then fired Sumlin to hire Jimbo Fisher (SITTING. NATIONAL. CHAMPIONSHIP. COACH. he knows how to win! he's been at a blue blood so he gets us! pro style offense is what we need, not the 3 incompletions and punt Sumlin offense! he looks more like a coach than our last coach who was fat!) ...now fired Fisher to hire Mike Elko (not an asshole. will run a hard nosed defense! he was here before AND at a blue blood so he gets us! the wrecking crew is going to come back! he isn't stubborn!)

for what it's worth, this is also what we will see with their next coach...he's an up and coming talent! Elko focused too much on the defense, we need more offense! the kids will love him because he gets them! swagcopter 2.0! see he's fit so he gets it, he isn't fat like that Elko guy was!"

Brian Orakpo GIF by The Roku Channel

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

C'mon y'all.  Takeo Spikes likes the hire.  How can you not marvel at the 3D chess aggy is playing?

hey, he works at the SEC Network as an analyst and has his own podcast.

he is absolutely is the pinnacle of what they think a smart analyst is in 2023 - highly decorated high school player, went to an SEC school, played in the NFL for 15 years and was an all pro, now works for a regional network as a talking head.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, NoName said:

there is a very good chance a near mirror version of this text exists when they fired RC to hire Fran (replacing the old guy with someone we stole from Alabama! He has been at a blue blood so he gets us! He knows how to win!)...then fired Fran to hire Mike Sherman (NFL! offensive mastermind! He gets us and was here before! He was involved with personnel at the NFL level so that will translate to recruiting!)...then fired Mike Sherman to hire Kevin Sumlin (old white guy was over the hill! Sumlin is the new blood! look at how much more of a coach he looks like than the prior guy who was fat! swagcopter! high flying offense not that 3 yards and a cloud of dust that Sherman ran!)...then fired Sumlin to hire Jimbo Fisher (SITTING. NATIONAL. CHAMPIONSHIP. COACH. he knows how to win! he's been at a blue blood so he gets us! pro style offense is what we need, not the 3 incompletions and punt Sumlin offense! he looks more like a coach than our last coach who was fat!) ...now fired Fisher to hire Mike Elko (not an asshole. will run a hard nosed defense! he was here before AND at a blue blood so he gets us! the wrecking crew is going to come back! he isn't stubborn!)

for what it's worth, this is also what we will see with their next coach...he's an up and coming talent! Elko focused too much on the defense, we need more offense! the kids will love him because he gets them! swagcopter 2.0! see he's fit so he gets it, he isn't fat like that Elko guy was!"

So, Collieville is where coaches careers go to die. Is that what you are saying?

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, NoName said:

Yes. Every coach. Every QB. Every season. It’s the best! Until it isn’t. Like a roller coaster.

They’re incapable of being introspective enough to stop doing it. Their propagandists make up some nonsensical narrative that they all lap up and take as their gospel and then get blindsided by reality. Over and over and over. Like being the “richest!” and allowing that to influence their drunken spending.

I’m sure Billy Liucci is drafting his latest opus as we speak. Ditto Olin Buchanan and Richard Justice, Zwerneman, et al. Turdition. Turdition indeed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, Constant said:

IMG_5692.thumb.jpeg.ca73e83f5bc4cf42812892252aa35a4a.jpeg

Look out for that bullet train. 

Gravity.

Aggies don't realize the real force of nature within their football program, athletics, and school that limits their upside.

No matter what they do, they will not be able to defy this gravity of being an 8-4 program.

• Hook 'Em 1