Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

15 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Lots of gold in this TexAgs podcast.

But probably the best is a truly unhinged comment by Olin Buchanan that A&M coaches should consider the spread in games, and it should affect their decision-making, because their NIL donors probably bet on the game. And if said donors cover, it's probably good for the NIL pool because it means more money. Bonkers-level commentary.

5 hours ago, Lidig8r said:

According to "Echoes of Texas Football: The Greatest Stories Ever Told," Coach Landry flew 30 missions over Europe surviving one crash landing.

This is an incredible article with some great pics:

https://www.historynet.com/how-legendary-nfl-coach-tom-landry-honed-his-fighting-instincts-in-world-war-ii/

How do we not have a statue of Coach Landry?

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, orangebird said:

Holy fuck watching the Louisville and Florida State dickslapfest last night was about four hours of my life I'll never get back.

It was truly horrific. I felt like I'd been transported back in time to watch an extremely poorly executed 1985 offense.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

They had us dead to rights?   What does that even mean?  After they leaked that we were joining the SEC, and tried to scuttle the deal, they were told by SEC leadership to sit down and shut the fuck up.  They didn't have shit on us.

We were always the big prize for the SEC, which is obvious to everyone outside of Collie Station.

• Hook 'Em 4

There was this bowl game against Georgia where nobody thought Texas deserved to be there. Texas ended up with a shocking upset.

That 1949 Orange Bowl was a crazy day. Tom Landry scored a TD and ran for over 100 yards in his last game at UT.

But nobody remembers or builds statues to our 1940s teams. Even Bobby Layne is all but forgotten. The only man to cast a magical curse on a NFL franchise.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

Also, read his autobiography.

Tom blamed himself for single-handedly costing Texas a SWC Championship by getting a handoff on a 4th-down play (4th and 3 against smu, IIRC, on what would have been the winning drive deep in pony territory) and somehow lost his balance and fell back on his ass.  Game over. Texas lost that year's SWC championship.

It's Greatness tempered with Integrity and Humility.

This reminds me, I need to punch Jerry Jones in the mouth.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

25 minutes ago, orangebird said:

We were always the big prize for the SEC, which is obvious to everyone outside of Collie Station.

They were going to build a mighty coalition with pig, misery, and Vandy to kill the expansion vote, but all 3 told aggy to pound sand IIRC.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

28 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

My dad and his brother went to UT, both served in the Army. Two of my very good friends from high school both served 20+ years in the Army. One was ROTC at UT. Chris Kyle (American Sniper) was a big Longhorn Fan. I served 8 years in the Air Force with four of those at Tinker AFB in OKC. The base commander (Brigadier General) while I was stationed there was a Longhorn. I met many other Longhorns during my military career. In fact, many more Longhorns than aggy. I call bullshit on the aggy “we serve our country, we fight in all the wars.” Total bullshit. I’d like to know the actual % of those corps turds that ever serve one day of active duty. Oh but they play the theme from “Patton” at halftime…bunch of badasses.  

IMG_1149.jpeg
Chris Kyle statue (Odessa, TX)

Yep. Everyone who's ever had any significant military ties knows how aggy corps turds are viewed in that world. Same as they're viewed here - as delusional frauds and a running joke.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

The narrative-pruners are out in force, so nothing that makes aggy "look bad" is allowed, and history is being deleted as we speak. 

Only the current moment exists, and nothing else.  "Jimbo who?"  Lulz.

They love to delete and censor threads that don’t shine a ray of sunshine on aggy football, and their posters are fine about it.  That’s some Stockholm Syndrome shit or something right there.  Meanwhile, this version of Surly has no problem trashing the shit out of the program and previous iterations of this board were used to organize airplane banners trying to get coaches fired.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Do I have this right?

aggy D-coordinator WHO THE NEW COACH HAD TO KEEP decided that he'd rather be the D-coordinator at fucking SYRACUSE?????

And their best D player portaled and another D-line recruit decommitted?  

And this all happened while Texas is making the playoffs?

I feel like I'm hallucinating...

You've got it right.

13 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Do I have this right?

aggy D-coordinator WHO THE NEW COACH HAD TO KEEP decided that he'd rather be the D-coordinator at fucking SYRACUSE?????

Those things in bold might not be coincidental, either.

2 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

Sorry about that! Weird shit with Buchanan starts about 16 minutes in.

Olin is a moron of the highest order.

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

"they somehow got 12 wins"

"despite barely being a top 10 team"

"with their weak schedule"

There's no way that's real.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

Sorry about that! Weird shit with Buchanan starts about 16 minutes in.

Dear lord, just listened to that part. He's thought that would make a good column idea. WTAF. What a monumentally stupid person Olin is. Here's his face after bringing that up:

Screenshot2023-12-04at1_16_27AM.png.a610386096cb841c0d203cda31baabde.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Do I have this right?

potent edibles?  Lulz.

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This hire is becoming more confusing by the day. The selling points of this hire were

1) Keep Robinson. He's already gone. 

2) Elko would bring his defense as a playcaller. Liucci is saying that Elko isn't calling plays. 

Obviously Looch the Mooch should be the coach, as he apparently knows more about the job than anyone.

6 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Do I have this right?

No, you don’t. 

The Aggy DC was Durkin. Robinson was the beloved and very good D-Line coach. Robinson wants to be a HC one day. No DL coach has ever been given a HC job. Elko would not hire Robinson as DC, but Aggy offered him an insanely high salary to not pursue a DC title. He declined. 

As expected, The DL mercenaries loyal to Robinson are leaving 

The new DL coach is a jag that got fired from Florida. Elko still hasn’t hired a DC yet. The Great Santucci declined, which is probably good news. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2
  • Prepare your anus 1