Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Last year's title game between Georgia and TCU had very low viewership (est. 17.2 M viewers).  

Over the past 150 years, A&M has graduated a bit over 500K students, many of whom are dead, and plenty of those who aren't don't give a damn about football.  Let's charitably say A&M could drop viewership by about 100K people, or roughly half a percent of what will surely be a blockbuster audience, given the 4 teams involved.

Good luck with that boycott, Ags.

• Like 1

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Don't summon his ass to this thread. I'd forgotten until I looked at page 1 of the "This is who Steve Sarkisian is" thread that he was the most vociferous anti-Sark dipshit on that page.

Isn't that trope the result of a one-time bond/cashcall that netted aggy like $400M+ to renovate Pyle Field?

They do it two stupid ways.

One is the one year you referenced where they borrowed (took out loan or bond) to pay for their stadium renovations.  They claimed this $400M as Revenue in their aggy math P&L, and so claimed to the world that they were the richest based on this.  Of course this has nothing to do with revenue and is a balance sheet addition for cash/loan in and an outstanding obligation for the same.  But of course...aggy.

Second is where they claim 100% of the PUF as aggy endowment (not the 1/3 that is flowed to A&M system), usually closely followed by saying that makes them richer than Texas who only reports 2/3 of the PUF as endowment as that is what goes to the UT system.   So their logic has them claim 100% of what should be 1/3, and when Texas rightly claims 2/3 they brag about how much richer they are than Texas.  

Of course ignoring this if we look at aggy endowment outside of the PUF is around $2.5B and Texas' is $13B.

But aggy richer and biggest and bestest of everyone.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Translation: "Pleasepleaseplease nobody watch us get our asses kicked by Okie State! And if teeyew wins anything Ima kill myself."

I can’t wait to get some popcorn and watch aggy get drilled by the team we just demolished.  I might even drink some tea to wash it down in honor of those miserable bastards!

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Last year's title game between Georgia and TCU had very low viewership (est. 17.2 M viewers).  

Over the past 150 years, A&M has graduated a bit over 500K students, many of whom are dead, and plenty of those who aren't don't give a damn about football.  Let's charitably say A&M could drop viewership by about 100K people, or roughly half a percent of what will surely be a blockbuster audience, given the 4 teams involved.

Good luck with that boycott, Ags.

You aren't even counting the Normangee market with non-former Texas Aggies (or whatever stupid thing their alums are called to avoid being normal) boycotting. It's going to bring the industry to its knees.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

You aren't even counting the Normangee market with non-former Texas Aggies (or whatever stupid thing their alums are called to avoid being normal) boycotting. It's going to bring the industry to its knees.

That shit-hole was on Texas bucket list for some shit-hole restaurant that puts coleslaw on their burgers.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NoName said:

every single AP Poll voter except one had Texas in the top 4.

image.thumb.png.4aa9ec12ef0af40b18bcbf21c74065e9.png

The A&M guy had Texas 5th naturally, as did the Georgia guy, and some thot from Duke. Jon Wilner, who is a known clown with zero insight into literally anything is the only guy who left TX out of the top 5 and somehow has a 2 loss Oregon ahead of us.  

9 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

In 2018 the aggy declined to renew the Texas vs A&M rivalry, claiming they were "booked 10 years out" lol. Texas ended up scheduling Alabama in that spot. With this years win over Alabama helping Texas get into the playoffs, I would like to say thank you to aggy.   No doubt a win over the SEC champ looks a lot better than a win over a 7-5 team.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24448690/texas-aggies-declined-texas-longhorn-series-renewal-proposal

Excited Gold GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Yeah I think the writing on the wall is clear.... A&M is the coaching graveyard you go there for your career to die.

Slocum: Never coached again
Fran: Sat out 3 years then had to take a job at FBS transitional Texas State would coach 5 more seasons of sub .500 football
Sherman: Spent 2 seasons as Dolphins OC then 2 seasons coaching high school then 1 season of CFL
Sumlin: Coached 2+ seasons at Arizona posting a 9-20 record, coached the USFL Gamblers for 1 year and now AHC/co-OC/TE coach at Maryland
Bilbo: TBD

Sherman being NFL OC and Sumlin being P5 Head Coach are the only two even remotely decent jobs post aggydom the rest all suck.

When going 0-5 and losing 70-7 to an 0-2 team is the best case scenario...that's rough.

20 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Texags is still handling this well a day later. 

IMG_1520.thumb.jpeg.5e9cd839ec8d8b2c048b6df0065d1a6e.jpegIMG_1521.thumb.jpeg.b2d79a490a46ddc7ef666ef318a9158f.jpeg

Except that there is a head to head situation that had to be taken into account and an injury that materially changed the strength of a team to be taken into account. Some people don’t like context.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TreatyOak said:

Aggie Fish camp online. Editing tip; it's always best to make sure the horizon line is leveled in the camera prior to shooting, so it doesn't look look like people are walking in an "anti-gravity room." 

lol Why are those guys walking back and forth in the background?

Do they know that working at a full service gas station is no longer a career path with an aggy degree?

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Aggie Fish camp online. Editing tip; it's always best to make sure the horizon line is leveled in the camera prior to shooting, so it doesn't look look like people are walking in an "anti-gravity room." 

I couldn't stop watching this is so bad. I'm fucking crying laughing asshole. Was this directed by David Lynch? Am I being trolled?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

“When we do play again,” Box said that night, “we’ll be the controlling brand.”

Surprise, surprise, Dick Box!

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I couldn't stop watching this is so bad. I'm fucking crying laughing asshole. Was this directed by David Lynch? Am I being trolled?

David Koresh.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

@aggypedia

Horndate: Sarkian 03.12.2

Dac subspace transmission

+++

Billboard from the near Gaia future:

BRAND CONTROL

30.46303, -96.15021

+++

Pat Forde, Yahoo Sports, CE 20180716

https://sports.yahoo.com/texas-makes-75-million-bet-beat-alabama-210845663.html

The regent-level thirst for football glory has been present since A&M entered the Southeastern Conference in 2012.

The night before A&M’s first SEC football game, school regent Richard Box offered then-commissioner Mike Slive his vision for his alma mater’s athletic future. It had to do, as is so often the case in College Station, with A&M’s eternal battle with Texas. Their football series was over for the time being, but the rivalry never ended.

“When we do play again,” Box said that night, “we’ll be the controlling brand.”

Well they bet $75 million to beat Alabama and did so in 2021

Mission Accomplished" Banner Could Go on Display at Bush ...

Edited by Pimphand
  • Haha 1

Looks like OU is pretty far along with Casey Thompson to come in and play a QB2 role for his 7th year of eligibility. That would be a win in my book. Leadership, experience, and a guy that can keep the ship afloat, if needed. Beville and Booty could be freed up to transfer. 

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Elko would be absolutely stupid to not play. He needs the extra practice to instill whatever system the OC and DC (whoever the fuck they are) are going to build.

So Elko has roughly three weeks to find a new OC and DC, install a new scheme, and then train what few players they have left on it.  That's an insanely tall order.

If they could pull that off, it would go down in aggy lore as the sequel to the Junction Boys.

But I'm not holding my breath.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

1 hour ago, po elvis said:

Except that there is a head to head situation that had to be taken into account and an injury that materially changed the strength of a team to be taken into account. Some people don’t like context.

A&M doesn't believe that winning games shows you are better at football. Once they accept that, where would they be?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Hope Gundy can find a way to beat them. The Pirate always had their number…

Gundy just needs Gordon to not transfer or get hurt

37 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

This year it was Mizzou & Ole Miss who are playing Ohio State & Penn State in their bowls.  He got one component right just whiffed on the teams predictably.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Based on this video it seems like they got extra fierce with the the twirling only recently. The comments made me laugh as well.

Assuming they were 22 years old when they graduated...

Ages at the time of the last aggy natty were 13, 7, 3, 1, -7, -8, -16, -20, -26, & -54 respectively