Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

I'm jealous you got to see Led Zeppelin in 1969.  

I'm consistently of the opinion that no topic is off limits when it comes to humor or satire.  Nothing.  But you gotta be clever or funny about it.  You can't just crack wise for shock value, that's just laziness.  But I wouldn't say "nothing was woke in the 1970's" because Rice got to satirize the tower suicides.  It just wasn't that clever, and the MOB is usually very clever.  People, particularly Aggies, like to bitch and moan about how their crude humor isn't being more celebrated because our culture is too "woke."  That's not it, it's that most people who think they're funny...aren't.  The comics or shows or whatever that cry "cancel culture!" tried something risky, and didn't execute on the funny part.  The first ingredient in "wokeness" is realizing most people really aren't funny.  At all.  this is how you explain Carrot Top, Larry the Cable Guy, and the redneck dude with the puppets.  Louis C.K. wasn't 'canceled' because of his material.  Because his material is smart and funny as fuck.  He was fired from some shit and had some shows cancelled because he was jerking off in front of women without their consent.  Big difference.  

Anyway, not to berate you or the point.  Just reminds me that Aggies yet another annoying group of people who cry "WOKE!" because so few people laugh at their 'jokes.'  They're just fucking morons with the comedic timing of Gallagher.

• Hook 'Em 2

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:
6 hours ago, kevwun said:

Why hasn't Elko taken over head coaching duties?  I get the old assistants finishing out their contracts, but letting Robinson stick around and poach the roster seems stupid when Elko is sitting around getting fatter.

He’s stuck in the Dixie Chicken.

You have to go back and watch his arrival to college station video - there were no good ags there to give him directions to the stadium. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, YuppiesOfftheEastSide said:

Yes, it's a disgusting, phony institution from medical center to humanities to athletics. Take one look at their ersatz-ass campus where they felt they needed to sand down their marble staircases to pass for a serious university

Your content is engaging and informative. DM me so I can sell you a new cryptocurrency with a guaranteed 400% return!  

• Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

This  and why does John Sharp still have a job.   At least some aggy get it. 

IMG_0890.jpeg

Wait I thought calling their grads "alumni" was against the A&M culture and they were "Former Students."

Anyway I don't recall that their issue was ever too few alumni.

Having too many students also bleeds into other issues like the need for more seating in the Sbisa dining hall. Some students looking to dine have no other choice but to sit in spaces that weren’t designed to serve as tables, resulting in them having to physically hold their plates with one hand and eat with the other.

A prime example of this overcrowding issue is the upstairs Sbisa area, where chairs have been placed in front of countertops that previously held soda machines. For reference, the base cabinets beneath provide absolutely no legroom. This causes several students to make the choice between sitting perpendicular to their meal and turning with every bite or just holding it in front of their mouths altogether. 

https://www.thebatt.com/opinion/opinion-a-m-is-for-the-streets/article_871a8006-7ddd-11ee-bdee-9349a4cf488b.html

Chow in prison is now more dignified than aggy.