• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 2/8/2024 at 3:26 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

Texas A&M University to close Qatar campus

The decision comes after an antisemitism think tank alleged last month the Qatar government had control over nuclear research at the branch campus. Texas A&M has denied it.

The nonprofit, which describes itself on its website as a center “dedicated to the academic study of antisemitism,” sent a letter to U.S. officials in January alleging that Qatar had “substantial ownership” of weapons development rights and nuclear engineering research being developed at the Texas A&M campus, which they claim is a threat to national security. The letter came a few months after ISGAP released a 17-page report where it alleged it had discovered a “disturbing relationship between Qatar and Texas A&M University.

So owns the research? aggy or Qatar? A half ass investigative journalist could get to the bottom of this. 

I'm sure Qatar owns the research because money. 

I'm sure 'the Battalion' student newspaper is all over it.  

(checks notes)

Sadly, the entire staff was terminated by the Qatari campus newspaper 'The Daily Katiba', and all female reporters were executed for asking questions.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I'm sure 'the Battalion' student newspaper is all over it.  

(checks notes)

Sadly, the entire staff was terminated by the Qatari campus newspaper 'The Daily Katiba', and all female reporters were executed for asking questions.  

This feels like something Newsweek would have been all over back in the day. 

I think aggy was judiciously trying to get out in front of a 60 Minutes segment. I doubt much more will come of this story.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

“Once trusted institution”.  I most’ve blinked, I missed that one time aggy was a trusted institution.

Those fuckers lie, cheat, and steal when it suits them.  Just look at their football icons:  Jackie Sherrill & Johnny 8 Ball.

• Hook 'Em 5

13 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Holy fuck, what is Texas scorecard? Is that a white nationalist publication?

“The way they understand multicultural education is to dismantle the previous white heteronormative culture, and build respect for a new non-white, non-heterosexual culture,” he said.

They literally grab their nuts at football games in unison.  There are well documented reports of jizz jars.  Rick Perry is absolutely, 100% confirmed (telling from a friend) bi-sexual.  But a single section of a single course on LBGTQ+ studies is just a bridge too far for these fucking four legged failures?  

They're bitching about this class being offered without being forced to attend it?  But passing state secrets to Middle Eastern Governments/Kingdoms is just totes cool?  

But they're gonna keep getting a pass because they bring so many votes to the table.  That's all this is.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

“Indoctrination” would be having a class on human sexuality and spending 90% on LGBTQ topics. A class specifically about LGBTQ isn’t indoctrination at all unless they required students to take it.

You can argue, whether a class like this is needed but there are likely hundreds of classes that you could say the same things about. Back in the day I took history of rock and roll, children’s literature, and human sexuality as electives. They were entertaining and I did learn some new things which provided a more well rounded educational experience but weren’t necessarily essential to my degree plan.

• Hook 'Em 6

What if, and believe me...this is a big hypothetical (airquotes), but what if we had some kind of different course offerings here at the college where some would be compulsory to graduate and others would be optional?  We could call them like "Requisites & Electives"...would that do anything for you Peter?

This is all being done to keep their alumni base as a reliable voting bloc.  That's all this fucking is.  And oh yeah, trading nuclear secrets to enemies of the state.  Fucking children...

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

They literally grab their nuts at football games in unison.  There are well documented reports of jizz jars.  Rick Perry is absolutely, 100% confirmed (telling from a friend) bi-sexual.  But a single section of a single course on LBGTQ+ studies is just a bridge too far for these fucking four legged failures?  

They're bitching about this class being offered without being forced to attend it?  But passing state secrets to Middle Eastern Governments/Kingdoms is just totes cool?  

But they're gonna keep getting a pass because they bring so many votes to the table.  That's all this is.  

Pretty good synopsis. 👍

• Hook 'Em 1

You forgot about the campus gloryholes
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SurlyBDR said:

Witnessed aggy at a ski shop in Angel Fire, NM this weekend ask for new ski poles because the ones the employee handed him had pink on them

Screenshot-20240211-090007-Gallery.jpg

Not saying a Texas A&M aggie wouldn't do this, but given the location, could it have been this aggie?

559ceddd-7c39-4837-9949-3cc5b3b5852a-lar

3 hours ago, Born Burnt said:

Not saying a Texas A&M aggie wouldn't do this, but given the location, could it have been this aggie?

559ceddd-7c39-4837-9949-3cc5b3b5852a-lar

The "Texas" part was on the backside of his head, but also, he gave the guy a 979 phone number for his rental ski equipment 

• Like 1

^^^   Gee, I wonder why this investigation became such a hurried and important topic just totally out the blue?  Couldn't possibly be a sleight of hand distraction attempt, could it?  

Don't get me wrong, it'll probably work.  Hell, we got posters on here falling for it and they're not even Aggies.

Edited by YGIFS

On 2/8/2024 at 9:40 AM, YGIFS said:

the AAU and Carnegie Mellon committees actually do use that term as well as a few systems themselves.  It even appears in legislative bills in some states.  It's an actual term of art that some take very serious.  Even here in Texas, UTIMCO and THECB will refer, in the official minutes, to the University of Texas at Austin, as simply "The Flagship."  Same with Berkeley and their System President.  Since most states have only 1 or 2 systems, it's not a terribly important differentiator, but about half use it in some form or fashion in a legal sense.  Texas, being fucking goofy, has 6 (or effectively 7 systems now)...so while each System has its own "Flagship" (Texas Tech-Lubbock, A&M-CS, Texas State-San Marcos, et. al.)...the main public bodies overseeing them (THECB, UTIMCO, and a few others) refer to UT as "The Flagship", even outside our system.  Obviously, it bothers the fuck outta Aggies but we don't write the laws or investment policies.  

I mean take a look at New York.  Kind of an important state right?  Lots of smart people.  Lots of money.  Well, their flagship is SUNY-Stony Brook.  You know that school that you cross off in our NCAA office bracket every few years as a #14 seed.  Although they are legally marked as their state System Flagship (along with Buffalo campus) unlike jackass Aggies, they don't go around talking about it at sports press conferences, because they don't have an inferiority complex to SUNY-Binghamton or CUNY-Queens College. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20090202101557/http://cio.chance.berkeley.edu/chancellor/sp/flagship.htm

former UT President Robert M. Berdahl talks about flagships here ^^^

and Texas State is not actually a flagship for several reasons.....the main reason being that the Texas State University System is what is known as a "weak system" they do not have a flagship and all of the universities in the system lobby the legislature on their own for their funding needs instead of the system doing it for them....all of the other systems in Texas are "strong systems" with a flagship university and the system lobbies the legislature on behalf of the universities for funding needs

in addition Texas State is not the oldest university in the system and until recently they offered very few doctoral degree programs and Lamar and Sam Houston offered more of those programs and graduated more doctoral degree holders.....Texas State is by far the largest in the system though, but that is probably the least relevant criteria......in all the other "strong systems" in Texas is is pretty clear what one is the flagship without a doubt and generally that one meets all of the criteria of being the largest, the clear research university, the oldest, and the one offering most if not all of the doctoral and professional degrees

I think that TWU is back to calling themselves a "system" again they did for a number of years and then they didn't for a number of years....and I think they do again now....which is pretty dumb considering that I am 99% sure that all of their degrees are accredited under the Denton campus and nothing in Houston or dallas has it's own accreditation.....I think it depends on the ego of who is in charge there and possibly on "funding mechanisms" and getting money for "system operations" that cover admin cost that would not be covered as just a single university 

in New York in the past Buffalo, Binghamton, and Albany were "cornerstone" universities in addition to Stony Brook, but in 2022 their governor shitted on Binghamton and Albany and stated that Stony Brook and Buffalo would be called flagships and all the others would "have their strengths leaned into" (which I think most people see as get fucked) 

that area of the country has always been a bit weird about public education though because they have so many strong private schools that are so much older than many of their public schools that they have let their public schools kind of plod along and be looked at as decent "back up schools" or "well Rutgers it is" (or UMass, UConn, SUNY-(whichever) etc.)

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 9:46 AM, markstanco said:

Army is the most shocking one on that list TBH.  You would think they were 95+.

Army probably has a few more students that end up not wanting to live the cadet life vs Navy or Air Force and with the ease of transferring now I think they probably lose more transfers than Navy or Air Force....but I would think their graduation rate would be in the 90s like you did

On 2/11/2024 at 10:21 AM, SurlyBDR said:

Witnessed aggy at a ski shop in Angel Fire, NM this weekend ask for new ski poles because the ones the employee handed him had pink on them

Screenshot-20240211-090007-Gallery.jpg

That guy definitely skis in his duck hunting jacket and scotch-guarded jeans.

100%

Edited by Tylerocks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/10/2024 at 2:08 PM, Tex Pete said:

John Sharp has embraced shady accounting, shady sources of funding from foreign governments, backdoor deals, and corruption. He has also severely degraded their academic efforts in pursuit of being the biggest and having the most alumni solely for the purposes of increased donations. He has made his school a laughingstock in every realm.

Only a fucktard would try to spin those observations into something political. Let the adults talk, dick breath. 

spacer.png

48597af5-2228-4f13-953f-bed9501534ec_tex

• Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

https://web.archive.org/web/20090202101557/http://cio.chance.berkeley.edu/chancellor/sp/flagship.htm

and Texas State is not actually a flagship for several reasons.....the main reason being that the Texas State University System is what is known as a "weak system" they do not have a flagship and all of the universities in the system lobby the legislature on their own for their funding needs instead of the system doing it for them....all of the other systems in Texas are "strong systems" with a flagship university and the system lobbies the legislature on behalf of the universities for funding needs

in addition Texas State is not the oldest university in the system and until recently they offered very few doctoral degree programs and Lamar and Sam Houston offered more of those programs and graduated more doctoral degree holders.....Texas State is by far the largest in the system though, but that is probably the least relevant criteria......in all the other "strong systems" in Texas is is pretty clear what one is the flagship without a doubt and generally that one meets all of the criteria of being the largest, the clear research university, the oldest, and the one offering most if not all of the doctoral and professional degrees

I think that TWU is back to calling themselves a "system" again they did for a number of years and then they didn't for a number of years....and I think they do again now....which is pretty dumb considering that I am 99% sure that all of their degrees are accredited under the Denton campus and nothing in Houston or dallas has it's own accreditation.....I think it depends on the ego of who is in charge there and possibly on "funding mechanisms" and getting money for "system operations" that cover admin cost that would not be covered as just a single university 

in New York in the past Buffalo, Binghamton, and Albany were "cornerstone" universities in addition to Stony Brook, but in 2022 their governor shitted on Binghamton and Albany and stated that Stony Brook and Buffalo would be called flagships and all the others would "have their strengths leaned into" (which I think most people see as get fucked) 

that area of the country has always been a bit weird about public education though because they have so many strong private schools that are so much older than many of their public schools that they have let their public schools kind of plod along and be looked at as decent "back up schools" or "well Rutgers it is" (or UMass, UConn, SUNY-(whichever) etc.)

I found RD's sock, lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I'm sure the school whose lawyers didn't bother to put buyout  or offset clauses in the football coach's contract wrote up an air-tight contract governing the ownership of research created in this partnership.

kramer.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/10/2024 at 3:30 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

So owns the research? aggy or Qatar? A half ass investigative journalist could get to the bottom of this. 

I'm sure Qatar owns the research because money. 

Wonder when the owners are starting on the minaret construction around good ol’ Sully’s hangout?

5935D3B8-8A64-4886-A493-E0F0B23C114F.webp

11 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

I use “shat” for the simple past of “to shit”.

I also probably still use “shat” for the past participle of “to shit” when former the present perfect, past perfect, future perfect, but not when converting the verb “shit” into an adjective like most verbs. I just use “shit” as the adjective.