Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

If I understand right 
1.  All NIL deals have to be public, that’s not.  They have announced nothing.
2. Can’t talk individual NIL with high school recruits 
3.  Pretty sure donors can’t just “adopt” a recruit 
maybe [mention=737]RGBIII[/mention] can clarify how non of that seems to be legal?
But I basically heard the same thing as to what they are doing..

Pretty sure that’s posted in the thread a few pages back isn’t it?

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

36 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Random message board floating around explaining aggy's NIL pipeline. Take it with a grain of salt.

Yes, this is the fan fiction they've written for themselves.  It sure sounds a lot more clever than "ag boosters handed out a lot of really large bags of cash this cycle" doesn't it?  Ags love a good fan fiction story.

6 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Pretty sure that’s posted in the thread a few pages back isn’t it?

6 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yes, this is the fan fiction they've written for themselves.  It sure sounds a lot more clever than "ag boosters handed out a lot of really large bags of cash this cycle" doesn't it?  Ags love a good fan fiction story.

Yes and yes. They are definitely paying players under the table, but they aren't paying entire position groups. The numbers being thrown around are not credible numbers. Aggy can't afford that long-term.

Our players are/will be paid more than theirs, overall. They just want to pay the superstars, which will cost less than paying position groups. Doing it all above board makes it much harder for them. They'd rather stick with the Demarvin Leal plan and let everyone throw out wild guesses. They want people to think they're redneck rich.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

A&M with more NIL Shenanigans Posted on 1/7/22 at 3:53 pm to Heresaucer
bkm1.png
We have an all-time winning percentage, and all-time wins that places A&M in the top 20 or 25

You're probably not old enough or weren't big enough as a college football fan to remember A&Ms success in football during the 80s and 90s

Sorry I hurt your feelings
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
bkm1.png
We have an all-time winning percentage, and all-time wins that places A&M in the top 20 or 25

You're probably not old enough or weren't big enough as a college football fan to remember A&Ms success in football during the 80s and 90s

It's funny how they all remember the 80s and 90s to be aggy glory years, but forget the 80s and 90s also coincide with aggy probation years...  

How does that aggy code go again?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

If I understand right 

1.  All NIL deals have to be public, that’s not.  They have announced nothing.

2. Can’t talk individual NIL with high school recruits 

3.  Pretty sure donors can’t just “adopt” a recruit 

maybe @RGBIII can clarify how non of that seems to be legal?

But I basically heard the same thing as to what they are doing..

Yes basically all Is wrong, illegal dumb and a complete fabrication. These are cold hard bags of cash delivered to uncles. There are zero NIL deals

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
bkm1.png

Dang. I wish our dank ass program could claim to be as high as the 25th or even 20th best program of all time. 

If only we could reach such heights

aggy might get away with the Uncle LLC play..... we will soon find out how sharp are the teeth in redstick, tuscaloosa, gainesville and athens.....  going off the reservation less than 6 months after their stunt at media day, and a few days before they quit their bowl and cost their league millions, in addition to showing their ass to the nation in a fashion unprecedented for the secx3, all combine to put the league powers that be behind the curtain in a precarious position.  can they stand by and do nothing?  if they do nothing, aggy will crow WRTSEC ad infinitum....

advantage texums

3 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Yes basically all Is wrong, illegal dumb and a complete fabrication. These are cold hard bags of cash delivered to uncles. There are zero NIL deals

Seems to me like a juicy story for McMurphy to chase. It’ll take one loose lip to sink that ship. 

A&M with more NIL ShenanigansPosted on 1/7/22 at 7:00 pm to UThomas
bkm1.png
TexAgs has way more subscribers than OB does, and a LOT of subscribers donating in the top range of $100/mo to NIL. I'm betting that millions will be raised annually by A&M fans on TA alone for exclusive interviews and signed stuff.

This doesn't include all the businesses besides TA out there. If TexAgs can corner the market on sports for A&M graduates, they will profit handsomely from this as well while conducting exclusive interviews at tens of thousands each time ... 

They said they were working on something. Not too shabby. No wonder our class was so damned nice.

Yea…..right.

A&M has landed 10 of the top 50 recruits in the nation (12 of the top 30 in Texas) and the accusations of cheating abound on the interwebs…

Capitalism at Texas A&M (and their donors) is a glorious thing….
The haters just need to embrace the suck…
New game, new rules, A&M is setting the standard and I LOVE IT!
  • Haha 1

On 1/6/2022 at 5:52 PM, Scooter Monzingo said:

I always thought that it sort of funny that at UGA. One can obtain a degree in forestry management, veterinarian medicine, or law.

What’s that old saying about a Jack of all trades master of none?

I think you can do that at Cornell (all three).  And Yale has Forestry and Law.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RGBIII said:

It all crumbles once they have a payment missed or force a kid to portal. Need one Leo Lewis

It will all crumble when they unleash their master plan next season, which is basically COVID out of all their SEC games so they can go undefeated...and still end up 3-1.

• Hook 'Em 1

That's the problem with throwing shade on... well, whoever. As far as I can tell there is no requirement to report on any NIL deals. Until/unless there is, any "They spent $25 million for this class" posts are speculation at best.

Folks complaining that A&M must be "cheating" to get this class are ignoring: 1) Fisher and staff have always been good recruiters. Top 10 for last 3 years. 2) Houston area has produced a remarkable amount of talent in this year's class. Great for A&M, but this won't always be true. 3) ut continues to suck on the field. That always helps (and as an aside, makes me smile). LSU has been only marginally better the last 2 years. (Yadda yadda yadda, yeah I'm aware of 27-24.) OU is, to put it charitably, in a bit of turmoil. Those 3 are clearly the main competition for recruits in Texas.

I expect this to level out in the coming years. I think there has to be some sort of accounting of NIL deals by the NCAA to address "fairness", but I'm not sure the NCAA has the chops to do it.

quote:

The first rule of NIL, which Texas forgot, is that you don't talk about NIL. That is up to the people involved if they want to publicize their agreements

And the second rule of NIL is you DO NOT talk about NIL.

I think it’s legal, and A&M is getting organized. Other schools will adapt or die.

A&M is the Darth Vader of college football. They are the only university that created a NIL program. They stole this recruiting cycle away from Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, ND, UT, OSU, etc, etc, etc, who decided to obviously not have a NIL program for the good of college football. : Obviously their 500,000 plus alumni was supposed to understand the fear they’d create if they ever united for a common goal.

Bottom line is A&M has sent notice that the landscape is forever changed. Instead of hiding in the shadows with hidden bagmen they’ve decided to sit in the big chair at head of the table, prop their feet up, light the cigar, and  to everyone else.

The real question shouldn’t be about A&M but rather do the old dogs have the backing to compete for a seat at the new table? Do the universities in the northern or western conferences have the resources or desire to compete? The SEC pendulum will continue to swing to each other.

All those guys from TN, FL, LA, AZ, PA, 3 from GA, Dallas, Beaumont, Sweden…10 of your top 15 recruits just wanted to be part of that Houston movement…yea, right.

• Haha 3
  • Drool 2

2 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

sure, aggy

dark helmet.jpg

Yeah, I’m trying to remember when they’ve ever won anything. Then it dawned on me: no one under 87 years old remembers them ever winning anything. Those over 87 probably can’t remember them ever winning anything.

Lots of talk. Lots and lots of talk. They’re the Chatty Cathy of college sports. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

so basically, when everything else has failed, year after year after year, their last ditch effort here is to basically buy relevance. that's what i'm getting from all this. what they have been unable to earn they will just purchase. and because aggy, they are unironically proud of it. lol

Edited by mchookem

10 hours ago, mchookem said:

so basically, when everything else has failed, year after year after year, their last ditch effort here is to basically buy relevance. that's what i'm getting from all this. what they have been unable to earn they will just purchase. and because aggy, they are unironically proud of it. lol

Aggy has been trying to buy a Championship for their entire history. 

Fedex years 

Franchione hired for record contract

Jimbo hired for record contract 

19 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

That's the problem with throwing shade on... well, whoever. As far as I can tell there is no requirement to report on any NIL deals. Until/unless there is, any "They spent $25 million for this class" posts are speculation at best.

Folks complaining that A&M must be "cheating" to get this class are ignoring: 1) Fisher and staff have always been good recruiters. Top 10 for last 3 years. 2) Houston area has produced a remarkable amount of talent in this year's class. Great for A&M, but this won't always be true. 3) ut continues to suck on the field. That always helps (and as an aside, makes me smile). LSU has been only marginally better the last 2 years. (Yadda yadda yadda, yeah I'm aware of 27-24.) OU is, to put it charitably, in a bit of turmoil. Those 3 are clearly the main competition for recruits in Texas.

I expect this to level out in the coming years. I think there has to be some sort of accounting of NIL deals by the NCAA to address "fairness", but I'm not sure the NCAA has the chops to do it.

quote:

The first rule of NIL, which Texas forgot, is that you don't talk about NIL. That is up to the people involved if they want to publicize their agreements

I think it’s legal, and A&M is getting organized. Other schools will adapt or die.

A&M is the Darth Vader of college football. They are the only university that created a NIL program. They stole this recruiting cycle away from Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, ND, UT, OSU, etc, etc, etc, who decided to obviously not have a NIL program for the good of college football. : Obviously their 500,000 plus alumni was supposed to understand the fear they’d create if they ever united for a common goal.

Bottom line is A&M has sent notice that the landscape is forever changed. Instead of hiding in the shadows with hidden bagmen they’ve decided to sit in the big chair at head of the table, prop their feet up, light the cigar, and  to everyone else.

The real question shouldn’t be about A&M but rather do the old dogs have the backing to compete for a seat at the new table? Do the universities in the northern or western conferences have the resources or desire to compete? The SEC pendulum will continue to swing to each other.

All those guys from TN, FL, LA, AZ, PA, 3 from GA, Dallas, Beaumont, Sweden…10 of your top 15 recruits just wanted to be part of that Houston movement…yea, right.

Geezus fucking krist these guys are delusional! One fucking #1 recruiting class. One fucking class and these guys act like they reinvented the wheel. The crazy part is while their class is really good, it is heavy in areas that aren't huge difference makers unless Weigman turns out to be good. But this is truly how you know aggie hasn't won shit. They are beating their chest about their class to schools that have all had number one classes before, that actually won them something. We didn't act a fucking fool when we got the VY class and we actually won some hardware. Aggie is always good for a laugh though. When October gets here we are gonna have our annual party, and a keg full of aggie tears for everyone to enjoy.

• Hook 'Em 2

quote:

Is that Liucci or some rando at TexAgs?

23 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

So the NIL game is Fight Club?

1 hour ago, DeadArmadillo said:

Nice to know aggy is laying down the law on NIL to the rest of the world of intercollegiate athletics.

Just a quick question - How much to you think high school recruits currently negotiating NIL deals have collectively lost due to A&M demanding conference networks couldn't give high school athletes at least regional media exposure while a high school student athlete.

"a cultural bias impeding risk identification" - one of the greatest descriptors of "aggy" ever written

The people of Texas deserve better than A&M.

Collegiate athletics deserves better than Texas A&M.

6 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Aggy has been trying to buy a Championship for their entire history. 

Fedex years 

Franchione hired for record contract

Jimbo hired for record contract 

Are all Aggie fans proud that you’ve had to stoop so low to TRY to buy success? Posted on 1/9/22 at 2:33 pm

What amazes me the most is that Aggies are actually proud of this. College football is ruined but when you’re trophy case is empty like it is in College Station you become so desperate and take advantage of the opportunity. There’s plenty other schools that could spend $60 million on 17 year old unproven kids but have character and class and choose to win the real way.

I’ve never respected a9m and this even makes those excited and proud fans even less respected!

At the end of the day college football will get the last laugh when you’re dumpster fire leadership will interfere and you still come out unsuccessful as always.

Good luck losers!

The new Aggie motto is official..
“If you can’t beat them buy them”

Texas A&M Boosters Spent Unfathomable Amount Of Money To Land No. 1 Recruiting Class, Per Report

https://brobible.com/sports/article/texas-am-recruiting-class-nil-money/

On 1/8/2022 at 2:25 PM, Cairn Horn88 said:

The first rule of NIL, which Texas forgot, is that you don't talk about NIL.

A&M is the Darth Vader of college football. They are the only university that created a NIL program.

so which is it young feller?

iffin i wasn't creatin' one of them thar NIL programs how could i talk about it?

and iffin i forgot to not talk about, what was i a-cree-aten?

okay then

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Are all Aggie fans proud that you’ve had to stoop so low to TRY to buy success? Posted on 1/9/22 at 2:33 pm

What amazes me the most is that Aggies are actually proud of this. College football is ruined but when you’re trophy case is empty like it is in College Station you become so desperate and take advantage of the opportunity. There’s plenty other schools that could spend $60 million on 17 year old unproven kids but have character and class and choose to win the real way.

I’ve never respected a9m and this even makes those excited and proud fans even less respected!

At the end of the day college football will get the last laugh when you’re dumpster fire leadership will interfere and you still come out unsuccessful as always.

Good luck losers!

The new Aggie motto is official..
“If you can’t beat them buy them”

Texas A&M Boosters Spent Unfathomable Amount Of Money To Land No. 1 Recruiting Class, Per Report

https://brobible.com/sports/article/texas-am-recruiting-class-nil-money/

There's nothing NIL about the money they paid.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DeadArmadillo said:

It's about to be.  Saban issued a warning/threat in an interview recently that stated that the NIL rules as are need to be changed and tightly regulated.  If not they would take full advantage of the way they are now and they would become totally untouchable on the field.

7 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Don't forget that Karbach released this abomination. 

EhAlr8bXgAE0NVN?format=jpg&name=large

I can't wait to see the release of the Little Brother IPA, .500 Program Stout and their newest creation the 8-4feit Ale!

I really can't fault Karbach on this.  It's the ol' profit motive at work. 

If you want a sure-fire business model in Katy/Cypress, here it is:  print something in maroon with some turdition slogan, profit mightily.  Repeat.

• Like 1