Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

49 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I forgot all about the "Best Academics in the SEC" banners/billboards from years ago.  

I'd say A&M was probably about on par with Florida when they first joined the SEC.  But with the continued expansion of enrollment, dumbing down of entry requirements, and dilution of the degree value there in College Station...Florida has since passed by A&M and will only widen the gap.  And then, my precious Aggies, there's that whole issue of Vanderbilt University.  So I'd place you at a solid 3rd, not bad out of 14 schools but considering most of them are glorified community colleges---don't start sucking each other's dicks yet.  Pro tip---if you can't even remember two of the schools in your own conference that you claim to be better than academically, maybe you're not as sharp as you might think.  

UGa >>>>>>>>>>>> aggy

• Like 2

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I forgot all about the "Best Academics in the SEC" banners/billboards from years ago.  
I'd say A&M was probably about on par with Florida when they first joined the SEC.  But with the continued expansion of enrollment, dumbing down of entry requirements, and dilution of the degree value there in College Station...Florida has since passed by A&M and will only widen the gap.  And then, my precious Aggies, there's that whole issue of Vanderbilt University.  So I'd place you at a solid 3rd, not bad out of 14 schools but considering most of them are glorified community colleges---don't start sucking each other's dicks yet.  Pro tip---if you can't even remember two of the schools in your own conference that you claim to be better than academically, maybe you're not as sharp as you might think.  

I don’t think they were in par with Florida in 2012.
  • Hook 'Em 4

I don’t think they were in par with Florida in 2012.

Okay, well I have no idea what these double posts inside of double posts mean.  I just know that there are several Aggie tourists that have been trapped inside the U.S. Capitol for the last year and nobody has attempted to save them.  I know they're Aggies, and that they fucking stupid as shit, but we need to help them.  Lost tourists in the U.S. Capitol is no laughing matter.  We need to help rescue them before it becomes a tradition for them.  The mentally handicapped deserve all the help they can get getting into/out of buildings.  Especially at the federal level.  

If you can read this, you're not from A&M.  But in the off chance you know an Aggie...tell them their mothers suck cocks in hell, they're second rate human beings, and I can't wait to fuck with them at an administrative level once we join the SEC.  A people should know when they are truly fucked. 

48 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Without even looking at the A&M 2022 schedule, I'm guessing they go 8-4.

They actually have a better schedule this year, I just looked.  Sam Houston and U Mass are the pushover games, UM being that dumb November game SEC does.  They have App State and The U playing at BCS.  The App State team is always decent with an upset happening yearly (They beat Coastal Carolina last year, and they were good) and Miami....who tf knows with a new coach.  

15 hours ago, Gardner Barnes said:

UGA is a damn hard school to get into right now. I know quite a few very smart seniors that are getting deferred this year.

In state applicants?

I ask because for the past several years many state universities have been trying to increase out-of-state enrollees at the expense of residents, for the obvious reason of getting that out-of-state tuition to help fund revenue shortfalls.  As a result, highly qualified residents are getting denied where they weren't in the past.  University of Washington is one of those, since my daughter has it high on her list and I've been researching it.

I'm not saying Georgia isn't better that the diploma mill in College Station.  But acceptance rates can be about more than just academics.

And to make this more germane to the thread topic -

spacer.png

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Winona's Big Orange Bevo said:

Would there have even been an Alamo if Travis or Crockett had that “aggieland spirit”?

” It is unfortunate, but we just don’t have enough volunteers available to fight Santa Ana. Travis out!”  
       - Col. William B Travis. 

And McKinney now wonders what his sacrifice was even for…

7C13F3F0-B8DB-4FB0-9EB6-60F09787ECE5.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

This story has been out for almost a week, and I'm still waiting for the any of the ags to acknowledge it exists. Exactly what I explained in 2013 (that their turdition is a fraud) has finally found its way to the A&M school paper.

I haven't seen a copy of John Adams' book on the subject, but I eagerly await Adams' comments on this article. Which I know he is aware of, but will probably ignore until the day he dies. Shills do things like that.

The silence out of aggyland on the substance of the Batt article is comical.

https://www.thebatt.com/life-arts/12th-man-rewritten/article_8b1b8a32-5928-11ec-bf3c-8b8c15dc9b22.html

aggy batt 12th man rewritten.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Are these the kids who keep lighting poop bags on fire on your porch that you can't seem to catch?

Hahahahahahaha.  Vertigo called the shit, "Poop!" 

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

This story has been out for almost a week, and I'm still waiting for the any of the ags to acknowledge it exists. Exactly what I explained in 2013 (that their turdition is a fraud) has finally found its way to the A&M school paper.

I haven't seen a copy of John Adams' book on the subject, but I eagerly await Adams' comments on this article. Which I know he is aware of, but will probably ignore until the day he dies. Shills do things like that.

The silence out of aggyland on the substance of the Batt article is comical.

https://www.thebatt.com/life-arts/12th-man-rewritten/article_8b1b8a32-5928-11ec-bf3c-8b8c15dc9b22.html

aggy batt 12th man rewritten.jpeg

Currently, the only comment for the article:

[quote]

TexaninVA
TexaninVA Jan 2, 2022 9:31am

Excellent article.

Let me summarize it - the 12th man serves to unify Aggies of all backgrounds in the best of American traditions.

Kind of like E pluribus unum but with an distinctive Aggie twist.

[/quote]

I don't know that I would be bragging about doing anything with a distinctive aggy twist.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Cowherd just said “theres a sec team literally paying a million a piece for 5 star recruits”. Just say it we all know who you are talking about lol

I heard that.....fucking wild and explains their class way better than any sort of "jermbo is the best recruiter everr!!" nonsense.

Edited by Pam Cummings

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I heard that.....fucking wild and explains their class way better than any sort of "jermbo is the best recruiter everr!!" nonsense.

But what's amusing is, the ags think they did it with some extremely sophisticated and elegant NIL solution, rather than the standard-issue SEC bags o' cash that were actually used.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Cowherd just said “theres a sec team literally paying a million a piece for 5 star recruits”. Just say it we all know who you are talking about lol

The more comments like this we get the better. It will require them to lay low for a couple of years and not be so aggressive with bags thus rendering them back to fringe top 10 classes

28 minutes ago, deft said:

Currently, the only comment for the article:

[quote]

TexaninVA
TexaninVA Jan 2, 2022 9:31am

Excellent article.

Let me summarize it - the 12th man serves to unify Aggies of all backgrounds in the best of American traditions.

Kind of like E pluribus unum but with an distinctive Aggie twist.

[/quote]

I don't know that I would be bragging about doing anything with a distinctive aggy twist.

image.jpeg.2b9a96d293dbd4dd0633a409eb50831e.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Random message board floating around explaining aggy's NIL pipeline. Take it with a grain of salt.

May be an image of text

If I understand right 

1.  All NIL deals have to be public, that’s not.  They have announced nothing.

2. Can’t talk individual NIL with high school recruits 

3.  Pretty sure donors can’t just “adopt” a recruit 

maybe @RGBIII can clarify how non of that seems to be legal?

But I basically heard the same thing as to what they are doing..

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1