Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

41 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Did those goofy fuckers get a DC yet?

Isn't their pick obvious?

Here are a few clues for those who don't understand much about college football:

1) Definitely "elite." (this alone should make the choice obvious)

2) An unquestioned "game changer." (you have to have guessed it by now)

3) LOVES everything about College Station, Texas and won't ever leave because he know he can "win a natty" at A&M.

4) AMAZING track record of putting players into the NFL.

5) Sought after by every other team in college football but chose to come to A&M because he was in awe of the facilities and overwhelmed by "what makes A&M special."

If those hints don't make it clear, then you just don't know anything about "big boy" college football.

Thujone This is the year.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Front page above the fold on the Eagle is a big story on the 100 year anniversary of the 12th Man.   The lack of self awareness is amazing.    

But everything in B/CS revolves around kids being aggys.  No one really cares if they get a degree or even a job.  Just come be a good aggy, buy lots of maroon crap, pay rent to some apartment mogul corporation and buy food at their Cane's or Chik Fil A franchise.      The purpose of A&M is not for the education of good students, but for the fleecing of all.  For those who do make it out and get employed, they are so full of the maroon spirit they just feed the machine.   It's all hype over substance, and football and the delusions attached to it fuel it more than anything.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Front page above the fold on the Eagle is a big story on the 100 year anniversary of the 12th Man.   The lack of self awareness is amazing.    

But everything in B/CS revolves around kids being aggys.  No one really cares if they get a degree or even a job.  Just come be a good aggy, buy lots of maroon crap, pay rent to some apartment mogul corporation and buy food at their Cane's or Chik Fil A franchise.      The purpose of A&M is not for the education of good students, but for the fleecing of all.  For those who do make it out and get employed, they are so full of the maroon spirit they just feed the machine.   It's all hype over substance, and football and the delusions attached to it fuel it more than anything.

John Adams is touted by aggys as a historian, but he is a complete clown. He knows Gill wasn't the only substitute available at the Dixie Classic game, but being the shill he is he openly lies to gullible aggys. It shows the lack of academic integrity that defines Texas A&M.

I've got one question for Adams that he will never acknowledge, let alone answer - In her biography of her father, Sul Ross' daughter gave us his motivation for killing people of color.

My question is, "How is someone who kills to establish the supremacy of the white man not a white supremacist?"

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M. They also deserve better than John Adams.

ross daughter foreward grab.jpeg

sul ross biography.pdf

Edited by Randolph Duke

12 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I’ve noticed that most of the more prominent schools have the Nike logo on their unis…and that Texas has the Nike swoosh as well.  Does aggy still have Adidas, and what kind of $$ does aggy get vs Texas?

Here's an article from the Eagle printed back in October. Apparently, aggy's deal with adidas is worth $2.05MM in compensation annually + free goods. Somehow, their track & field teams are still sponsored by Nike.

Based on this old, 2015 Texas Tribune article, it's worth about 1/3 of UT's Nike deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I’ve noticed that most of the more prominent schools have the Nike logo on their unis…and that Texas has the Nike swoosh as well.  Does aggy still have Adidas, and what kind of $$ does aggy get vs Texas?

Texas A&M AD Ross Bjork has informed Adidas of the school's intent to “extend the endorsement and sponsorship agreement” between the two sides, which will run out on June 30, 2022, according to Travis Brown of the Bryan-College Station EAGLE. Terms of the new contract are “still in negotiation.” Bjork said, “The clock was ticking this summer to say, OK, we tested the market. Is there any viability there? Obviously, we love our relationship with Adidas, and we both decided, hey, let’s extend it.” Over 15 years, Adidas “has paid A&M approximately $22.4 million in base compensation for the Aggies exclusive endorsement of their equipment, spanning over two contracts."

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Daily/Issues/2021/10/25/Marketing-and-Sponsorship/Texas-AM-Adidas.aspx

(2015)

The University of Texas System Board of Regents gave the go-ahead Friday to University of Texas-Austin to negotiate a $250 million, 15-year contract with Nike. The Statesman was first to report the agreement earlier this month. The contract is believed to be one of the largest, if not the largest, contract of its kind in the nation.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Mark it down: the wheels will fall off for Jimbo in 2022. Saban will be out for payback, and IMO the mid-tier SEC teams will all be improved. Arky and Ole Miss are solid. South Carolina is no longer a push-over—they will have Rattler and will play Aggy at home. Leach has proven he can beat Aggy nine times out of ten. Auburn should be better in year 2 of Harsin as well.

After 2-3 losses before the mid season mark, Aggy’s “greatest class ever” will be exploring exit strategies.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Mark it down: the wheels will fall off for Jimbo in 2022. Saban will be out for payback, and IMO the mid-tier SEC teams will all be improved. Arky and Ole Miss are solid. South Carolina is no longer a push-over—they will have Rattler and will play Aggy at home. Leach has proven he can beat Aggy nine times out of ten. Auburn should be better in year 2 of Harsin as well.

After 2-3 losses before the mid season mark, Aggy’s “greatest class ever” will be exploring exit strategies.

The only reason they won 8 was their D.  I think their replacing 5.  Couple that with no D coordinator and a new  QB ( again) and not even getting to replace Slo will get them to 7 wins.

aggy pouring it on….heads are swollen and exploding their recruiting class:

How the SEC is cleaning up in recruiting once againPosted on 1/2/22 at 8:33 pm
up vote1down vote5
bkm1.png
By position group. 

Quarterback: #2 (A&M), #3 (Alabama), #5 (LSU), #7 (Georgia), #9 (Missouri), #12 (Tennessee), #14 (South Carolina), #19 (Auburn), #22 (South Carolina), #24 (Mississippi State), #26 (Vanderbilt),  

Running Back: #1 (Alabama), #3 (Georgia), #6 (A&M), #7 (Alabama), #13 (Missouri), #16 (Georgia), #24 (Tennessee), #29 (Auburn), #34 (Tennessee), #43 (Ole Miss),  

Wide Receiver: #1 (Missouri), #2 (A&M), #3 (Alabama), #7 (A&M), #14 (Alabama), #24 (Alabama), #29 (Arkansas), #34 (Georgia), #37 (Mississippi State), #38 (Georgia), #39 (Kentucky), #42 (Missouri), #46 (Tennessee) 

Tight End: #1 (A&M), #2 (Georgia), #4 (A&M), #10 (A&M), #13 (Alabama), #19 (Auburn), #22 (LSU), #30 (Arkansas), #40 (Missouri), #49 (Vanderbilt) 

Offensive Tackle: #4 (Kentucky), #5 (LSU), #6 (Alabama), #7 (Alabama), #9 (A&M), #20 (A&M), #22 (Arkansas), #23 (Florida), #25 (Arkansas), #28 (Georgia), #29 (Kentucky), #31 (Alabama), #32 (Ole Miss), #33 (Georgia), #34 (Auburn), #41 (South Carolina), #43 (LSU), #44 (Kentucky), #49 (Ole Miss), #50 (Ole Miss) 

Interior Offensive Lineman: #3 (A&M), #4 (Tennessee), #8 (LSU), #9 (Missouri), #18 (Arkansas), #21 (Mississippi State), #22 (Missouri), #23 (A&M), #32 (Florida), #36 (Tennessee), #39 (Missouri), #43 (Arkansas), #48 (Georgia) 

Edge Rusher: #1 (Alabama), #2 (Georgia), #3 (A&M), #9 (Alabama), #12 (Kentucky), #13 (Georgia), #14 (Missouri), #22 (Tennessee), #23 (Tennessee), #24 (Georgia), #35 (Vanderbilt), #37 (Mississippi State) 

Defensive Lineman: #1 (A&M), #4 (A&M), #5 (Georgia), #6 (Georgia), #7 (A&M), #9 (Alabama), #10 (A&M), #15 (LSU), #16 (Missouri), #17 (Florida), #20 (Tennessee), #24 (Ole Miss), #25 (Missouri), #28 (Auburn), #31 (Mississippi State), #33 (Alabama), #38 (Kentucky), #47 (Florida) 

Linebacker: #1 (A&M), #4 (Georgia), #5 (Alabama), #7 (Florida), #10 (Georgia), #11 (Auburn), #17 (Ole Miss), #20 (Kentucky), #21 (LSU), #27 (A&M), #36 (South Carolina), #37 (A&M), #39 (Missouri), #41 (Mississippi State), #43 (South Carolina), #46 (Mississippi State), #50 (Vanderbilt) 

Cornerback: #3 (A&M), #5 (Georgia), #6 (Georgia), #11 (Georgia), #12 (Alabama), #13 (A&M), #15 (Alabama), #16 (LSU), #19 (A&M), #21 (Auburn), #22 (Auburn), #37 (Ole Miss), #40 (Missouri), #44 (Ole Miss), #50 (Kentucky) 

Safety: #2 (Florida), #7 (A&M), #8 (A&M), #16 (Missouri), #17 (Arkansas), #19 (South Carolina), #21 (Florida), #23 (Auburn), #25 (Ole Miss), #28 (Georgia), #31 (A&M), #33 (Alabama), #34 (South Carolina), #35 (South Carolina), #38 (South Carolina), #40 (LSU), #46 (Arkansas), #48 (Vanderbilt), #49 (South Carolina) 

Athlete: #1 (Georgia), #2 (Alabama), #3 (Alabama), #5 (Alabama), #7 (Alabama), #15 (Kentucky), #17 (Auburn), #20 (Kentucky), #21 (Kentucky), #22 (Arkansas), #26 (Kentucky), #44 (Mississippi State), #49 (Mississippi State) 

Kicker: #1 (Auburn), #4 (A&M), #8 (LSU), #13 (Florida), #14 (Kentucky) 

Punter: #1 (Georgia), #5 (Arkansas) 

Longsnapper: #2 (Arkansas)

1 hour ago, Poolflood said:

The only reason they won 8 was their D.  I think their replacing 5.  Couple that with no D coordinator and a new  QB ( again) and not even getting to replace Slo will get them to 7 wins.

Do they really need a DC?   With the recruiting class they pulled in it would appear they are planning to run the vaunted 9-1-1 defense.   Get the DL coach to coach them up and tell the other 2 guys just try and tackle anyone who gets through.  

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Do they really need a DC?   With the recruiting class they pulled in it would appear they are planning to run the vaunted 9-1-1 defense.   Get the DL coach to coach them up and tell the other 2 guys just try and tackle anyone who gets through.  

‘Member when UT signed like 5 highly rated DTs in one class? I ‘member. 
Point is, they got some studs. Let’s see what they do with them. 
What’s their track record of actually doing anything again?

7 minutes ago, nnm said:

‘Member when UT signed like 5 highly rated DTs in one class? I ‘member. 
Point is, they got some studs. Let’s see what they do with them. 
What’s their track record of actually doing anything again?

No doubt, they have like 17 of the top 100 in the class.  They have some good gets, and there might be a few of them in the portal in the next year or 2 when they don’t get enough playing time.  When you get the best players you can only expect to have them for 3 years, look at Bama and their half a dozen or so SRs on the entire roster.  

Seems like roster management was a problem for fisher at FSU

I'm not totally sure aggy will finish with a winning record in any SEC sport this year other than women's basketball. 

Bart Torvik projects aggy men's basketball to finish 8-10 in the SEC, they are in rebuild mode in year 1 of a new baseball coach, and softball has been in decline for a few years (went 8-16 in the SEC last season). 

There's still a lot to play out but that would be pretty fucking terrible. Only finishing with a winning SEC record in one out of the seven major sports would be kind of incredible. 

Edited by texasstrong12

13 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.3e24531bbbae3d173e60a4c97b571be2.jpeg

lol... like people think these guys would portal for no money??  I think it's more of all you getting X but after 1 year of aggy paying you x... someone else will offer 2 or 3x.  I'll also assume some people will play the "you know they are actually paying the guy next to you double your money right?"  whether they are or not.

I'm more curious about the visible work the players will need to perform to not run afoul from the even basic NIL rules.

4 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

lol... like people think these guys would portal for no money??  I think it's more of all you getting X but after 1 year of aggy paying you x... someone else will offer 2 or 3x.  I'll also assume some people will play the "you know they are actually paying the guy next to you double your money right?"  whether they are or not.

I'm more curious about the visible work the players will need to perform to not run afoul from the even basic NIL rules.

It will probably be like their class attendance records, they'll pay some student smart enough to keep their mouth shut to do the work for the athlete.  Leaving his only obligation to be publicity appearances.  

21 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Jay-sus.

I am a Vikings fan. Kellen was never going to start this game.

They signed Kyle Sloter, an absolute journeyman, off the street to potentially start if Mannion could not go, which tells you all you need to know about how much confidence Kellen has instilled in them in year 1 on the job.

The fact that he has been inactive all year behind a guy like Mannion tells you all you need to know.

Only intrigue Sun night is the fact that it will be ridiculously cold in GB and maybe the QBs wont be a big factor anyway.

If Kellen could run tough, that might make a difference in that weather, but Vikes going to go any other direction they can.

As a fan would like to see Kellen succeed, but year 1 clearly not been a positive.

Sully Dog said:
Mond in the 4th round was a bad pick for the Vikings.

They must have watched very few Aggie games.

VatoLocoAggie said:
I wish he'd replace Dak in Dallas.

Wanting Dallas to get the #1 pick every year?

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

Serious question. How is it more delusional when we’ve actually accomplished things during the face mask era in football?

not just that...imo we are some of the most dour, pissed off, anti-sunshine pumping fans out there lol

good luck getting aggy to admit they are and have been mired in mediocrity for decades. meanwhile, we collectively commit fan seppuku by mid-October every year 😜

We should move the OU game and the fair to late November.

Yea it is still boiling hot at the game.

Also, upthread, that ou insider post… not being much said about that on aggy bagmen. I know it’s a post on the net but their defense haul is amazing and recruits not knowing who their coach will be. It’s right out there in front of you yet nobody seems to care? I would think alabama or others would raise hell.

Maybe 9.95 is covering it. No idea.

On 1/2/2022 at 6:34 PM, Poolflood said:

Their D has been solid for awhile and talent wasn't their problem. Now they are loaded for bear for sure.  

#1 class with all their eggs in the defense's basket is going to have the same outcome it's had since Jimbo took over. 

A great defense can win you some games, but with today's attack offenses, there will be several teams that will put points on the board and once aggy aggy falls a couple of scores behind, they probably aren't coming back.

17 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Naw, the bag only gets players in the door. After that an equal bag and playing time is all the enticement they need to leave. Once a player is sitting they start being concerned with pissing away their real money(NFL). That's the reason Ewers is on the 40. OSU could match anything we offered except the field. Aggy can't play err'body. The first loss they get and the backups will be looking out for themselves. I project about a 40% loss of this class.

• Hook 'Em 1

For those who haven't seen this picture, taken in 1967 at the Cowboys/Falcons game, this is former Dallas stripper Bubbles Cash. And in 1967, the response to this in College Station, Texas was "That's disgusting and totally unacceptable."

This moment in Texas history is credited as the inspiration for the decision to end the Dallas Cowboys having male cheerleaders on the sidelines and the beginning of what we know today as the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.

Not a lot of aggys in the crowd at that game.

bubbles cash.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

Poor aggy and 12th man getting no respect:

When Is A&M Scheduled To Remove All The 12th Man Signage From Kyle Field?Posted by BeeFense5 iconcubs.png on 1/4/22 at 11:36 am

And also stop selling any merchandise with the slogan since it really doesn’t apply anymore to a program that just quit because they were scared of being short handed on the field?  
What a truly meaningless and worthless “tradition” at this point. It’s kind of sad your program had such little pride.
Edited by Cairn Horn88
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deej said:

What's a bath without Bubbles?

rodney.jpg

The reaction to Bubbles walking down the stairs at the game in a mini-skirt allegedly lead Tex Schramm to dump the male cheerleaders on the sidelines during Cowboys games and go with all females, thus launching the DCC. The next year, USC started their Song Girls to counter their all-male "yell leaders."

The entire nation was walking up to the sexual revolution. Well, the entire nation outside of College Station, Texas.

More than a half-century later, the ags still don't understand how women can be allowed on the sidelines during football games.