Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

12 minutes ago, nnm said:

I really can't fault Karbach on this.  It's the ol' profit motive at work. 

If you want a sure-fire business model in Katy/Cypress, here it is:  print something in maroon with some turdition slogan, profit mightily.  Repeat.

Also, you'll profit if you have it in Montgomery, Conroe, The Woodlands, Spring and Sugar Land as well

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

The more comments like this we get the better. It will require them to lay low for a couple of years and not be so aggressive with bags thus rendering them back to fringe top 10 classes
Quite the opposite if it quietly goes away without even a whimper from the NCAA or anyone else who could theorerically do something about it. The supreme court opened the floodgates but they have no say in regulating the flow.

My prediction is if aggy manages to get in the CFB playoffs next season (or even close) they will double down on dirty recruiting again. It will take the whole thing either blowing up in their face, or the people who put up the money getting zero roi for aggy to rethink their current strategy. I mean it's already accomplished 2 things..kept them in the news even though they arent contending for a title, (or even playing in a bowl lol) and got them a way too early pre-season ranking of #5 which will surely influence the real rankings when they come out. All this for a team who hasnt won any sort of championship in a quarter century, and last real title was more than 80 years ago. Seems their efforts to counter the BOMC have paid off so far, lol.

On 1/7/2022 at 3:43 PM, Hook1997 said:

If I understand right 

1.  All NIL deals have to be public, that’s not.  They have announced nothing.

2. Can’t talk individual NIL with high school recruits 

3.  Pretty sure donors can’t just “adopt” a recruit 

maybe @RGBIII can clarify how non of that seems to be legal?

But I basically heard the same thing as to what they are doing..

So all NIL have to be done after the kid is recruited and on-campus, and they have to be made public?

Thanks! I didn't know the distinctions between do this the right way vs the aggy way.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Don't forget that Karbach released this abomination. 

EhAlr8bXgAE0NVN?format=jpg&name=large

I can't wait to see the release of the Little Brother IPA, .500 Program Stout and their newest creation the 8-4feit Ale!

I didn’t know that the hoppy bitterness reminiscent of bum piss was back on in beer fashion.

I thought the only rule on NIL was that there had to be some actual service from the athlete. I just figured boosters would start paying everyone they want and put them on a few car dealership ads to satisfy the rule. $300K for a ten second radio spot? That's consideration, good to go.

22 minutes ago, Deej said:

If history has taught us anything, it's that no matter what they plan and scheme, it will blow up in their face.

They really never plan or scheme. They bumble, fumble, and blunder about never seeing more than one step ahead.

We can pay players now? We're richer than everyone, let's pay out the ass! Release the bagmen!!!

Oh, what's NIL? Huh? I didn't finish reading the paragraph about paying players. 

Re-label the bagmen! They're now NILs!!!

Goddamn, we're smart! Just part of the reason everybody is terrified of our Darth Vader asses.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'll assumed everyone would just use NFTs (non-fungible crypto tokens) only "image" would be needed and everything is about future value... so if you thought player X was going to be the next Tom Brady, Anthony Munoz or Lawrence Taylor, you might be willing to pay a lot of money for that NFT or one of the NFTs.

It would be hard to argue "reasonable" value for someone with a hypothetical future worth that may or may not come true even if the likelihood might be low the possibility is still there.

But this way the player doesn't have to do really anything. 

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, wood said:

So all NIL have to be done after the kid is recruited and on-campus, and they have to be made public?

Thanks! I didn't know the distinctions between do this the right way vs the aggy way.

Sark said something about being able to speak to what athletes have done in the past in NIL in recruiting. So in 2023, the coaches can start legally promoting the pancake factory earnings to all of the lineman, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Sark said something about being able to speak to what athletes have done in the past in NIL in recruiting. So in 2023, the coaches can start legally promoting the pancake factory earnings to all of the lineman, etc. 

Hard to believe J-Dub bailed on his opportunity to earn more of his Burnt Ends windfall.

1 hour ago, ousux said:

Quite the opposite if it quietly goes away without even a whimper from the NCAA or anyone else who could theorerically do something about it. The supreme court opened the floodgates but they have no say in regulating the flow.

My prediction is if aggy manages to get in the CFB playoffs next season (or even close) they will double down on dirty recruiting again. It will take the whole thing either blowing up in their face, or the people who put up the money getting zero roi for aggy to rethink their current strategy. I mean it's already accomplished 2 things..kept them in the news even though they arent contending for a title, (or even playing in a bowl lol) and got them a way too early pre-season ranking of #5 which will surely influence the real rankings when they come out. All this for a team who hasnt won any sort of championship in a quarter century, and last real title was more than 80 years ago. Seems their efforts to counter the BOMC have paid off so far, lol.

Sure, but if they're allowed to get away with it, then everybody's gonna do it. Then aggy will be restored to their rightful place in the pecking order. There are many blueblood football schools out there with more/better resources than aggy. We're one of 'em.

The way I see is ... 

This all gets addressed and aggy gets put back in their place, or it isn't addressed at all, and aggy gets put back in their place.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 9:39 AM, Thatguy said:

Geezus fucking krist these guys are delusional! One fucking #1 recruiting class. One fucking class and these guys act like they reinvented the wheel. The crazy part is while their class is really good, it is heavy in areas that aren't huge difference makers unless Weigman turns out to be good. But this is truly how you know aggie hasn't won shit. They are beating their chest about their class to schools that have all had number one classes before, that actually won them something. We didn't act a fucking fool when we got the VY class and we actually won some hardware. Aggie is always good for a laugh though. When October gets here we are gonna have our annual party, and a keg full of aggie tears for everyone to enjoy.

Are you new to aggy?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Elite d-lines are absolute difference makers.   And they just recruited an elite one. 

The game has changed my friend. Good teams just scheme your D-line into being less effective. Look at Georgia. They've had an elite D-line for awhile, this is the first year that they've been able to say that it has been a real difference maker. Bama has had one for many years as well, and how many games has the offense had to win for them? It's not like it used to be. Give me an elite QB over a 5 star DT all day. Shit, I would even take a Devonta Smith over one .

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Elite d-lines are absolute difference makers.   And they just recruited an elite one. 

Myles Garrett was the #1 pick in the NFL draft. Prior to Nolen, the highest rated aggy recruit EVAR!

While in college, never played on a team with a winning record in conference play.

Here is a picture of yet another 5* aggy DL recruit. While in College Station, he became a well-trained, elite athlete. (just kidding) In all fairness, he did last longer in the NFL than Johnny Manziel, but that's not saying much.

You need to chill out and just let aggy be aggy.

Trust me, this will be epic. The aggys will fuck this up on a level never imagined by most people.

aggy fat daylon mack.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

40 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

The game has changed my friend. Good teams just scheme your D-line into being less effective. Look at Georgia. They've had an elite D-line for awhile, this is the first year that they've been able to say that it has been a real difference maker. Bama has had one for many years as well, and how many games has the offense had to win for them? It's not like it used to be. Give me an elite QB over a 5 star DT all day. Shit, I would even take a Devonta Smith over one .

Though they can make a big difference, having an elite D-line is a much bigger thing in the NFL. You've got to be able to score points in the college game.

But let's be honest, you can count on one hand the times Bama has needed to outscore opponents. Their killer offense means they usually boat-race opponents.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Absolutely.  aggy is recruiting to their mental version of the SECX3, stuck in about 2015, in which the lines beat each other up, and games were often in single digits.  SECX3 has fully made the transition to the BDF-like spread offense.  No one complains about the gimmicky offenses anymore.

And to win a MNC in that way (unless you're 'Bama) you need a generational talent at QB1, a really strong talent at QB2, elite talent at the skill positions on offense and, most importantly, an offense that isn't mired in 2005 thinking.  And with "don't care, got Jimbo," they don't have the latter.  Crab legs was able to overcome Jimbo's offensive limitations, much as VY was Mack's.  No one on aggy roster is going to do that. 

Consequence, 8T4feit.  Forever.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, nnm said:

Absolutely.  aggy is recruiting to their mental version of the SECX3, stuck in about 2015, in which the lines beat each other up, and games were often in single digits.  SECX3 has fully made the transition to the BDF-like spread offense.  No one complains about the gimmicky offenses anymore.

And to win a MNC in that way (unless you're 'Bama) you need a generational talent at QB1, a really strong talent at QB2, elite talent at the skill positions on offense and, most importantly, an offense that isn't mired in 2005 thinking.  And with "don't care, got Jimbo," they don't have the latter.  Crab legs was able to overcome Jimbo's offensive limitations, much as VY was Mack's.  No one on aggy roster is going to do that. 

Consequence, 8T4feit.  Forever.  

A great QB is not enough with his offense, you have to have someone do something with the rock after they get it. Unless a couple recruits turn out to be world beaters at the skill positions, I don't see them having the tools.

6 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Congrats to Aggies on their share of the SEC national championship win this evening.  Raise the banner and put it in the wall.

I came by to say condolences to poor aggy. Now they can’t say “We was the only team that beat the champs!!!!” 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Scholz said:

I came by to say condolences to poor aggy. Now they can’t say “We was the only team that beat the champs!!!!” 

Scholz, you know good and well how aggy claims accomplishments. If bragging about an accomplishment that is no longer true, add a qualifier until it is true again.

It is on page two of the aggy code book.

Only team to beat Bama...

No longer true

Add qualifier

Only team to beat Bama...in conference play

Continue bragging and feel good about yourself 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Look at aggy this year. Their DL was loaded this season with Leal, Clemons, Peavy and Johnson. All 4 of those guys will likely be drafted and one will be a first rounder. 

They still went 8-4. 

aggy already had a top 5ish DL this year. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I'll assumed everyone would just use NFTs (non-fungible crypto tokens) only "image" would be needed and everything is about future value... so if you thought player X was going to be the next Tom Brady, Anthony Munoz or Lawrence Taylor, you might be willing to pay a lot of money for that NFT or one of the NFTs.

It would be hard to argue "reasonable" value for someone with a hypothetical future worth that may or may not come true even if the likelihood might be low the possibility is still there.

But this way the player doesn't have to do really anything. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1