Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

14 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Didn't see it, the aggy band is known for trying to steal things from opposing bands or cheerleaders. In the early 2000s, they tried to steal our flag from the cheerleaders. The fake army doofus was caught by a male cheerleader who took it back. The fake drill sergent pretended to dress the guy down afterward. We all knew it was fake, if anything he was being yelled at for getting caught, they were well known for it, the band was told to keep their shit close and to watch out for each other.

Did aggy ever literally fling their horse shit at your band like they did at ours?

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Did aggy ever literally fling their horse shit at your band like they did at ours?

No, we were higher up when we visited back then, the limp wristed fake army guy who was in charge of the shit shoveling couldn't have reached us if he tried. I'm pretty sure a few saluted him and called him "Sargent Shit Shovel." 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

When ABC caught them squeezing their nuts, that was the weirdest thing I'd ever seen. I'm pretty sure I saw it live and immediately laughed out loud thinking, "it looked like they were squeezing their nuts." I thought it was just something normal that looked funny, like the Tech bellringer who was caught in an unfortunate angle. I think within a few hours I saw that they really were squeezing their nuts, lol. I'm pretty sure that's when I also learned about the jizz jar. That whole place is a "what the fuck" institution.

It is by no means a new phenomenon:

squeezing.thumb.jpg.dd4a85fe3112f61f888bfd884392869b.jpg

squeeze2.jpg.f073579e13ae455a0bc5807fc97e8a78.jpg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Same here.  Pisses me off that there's any type of link to aggy culture.

Same thing with thumbs up. Freaking idiots co-opted something people have been doing for a very long time to say “cool,” or “all good,” or something similar.  And now they think they invented it. 

• Hook 'Em 6

47 minutes ago, nnm said:

Same thing with thumbs up. Freaking idiots co-opted something people have been doing for a very long time to say “cool,” or “all good,” or something similar.  And now they think they invented it. 

yep. should have added thumbs up. aggy can patent thumbs up their ass.

• Rage+1 1

An excellent aggy story:

When I was admitted to A&M, I had no idea how I was going to pay for things. I went to the Pavillion(1992), because that is where they handled scholarships at the time. I spoke to the lady there and told him that I needed to find a way to pay for everything. She had two large binders of scholarships that people offered for students that were going to A&M and that I just needed to give them a good reason to help me pay for my education. I wrote something like 25 essays about why I was deserving. I was awarded money for more than half of them and I didn't require a student loan to make ends meet. Well, I did work two jobs and the scholarship money coupled with the scholarships kept me out of student loan debt.”

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3261875/last#last

28 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

An excellent aggy story:

When I was admitted to A&M, I had no idea how I was going to pay for things. I went to the Pavillion(1992), because that is where they handled scholarships at the time. I spoke to the lady there and told him that I needed to find a way to pay for everything. She had two large binders of scholarships that people offered for students that were going to A&M and that I just needed to give them a good reason to help me pay for my education. I wrote something like 25 essays about why I was deserving. I was awarded money for more than half of them and I didn't require a student loan to make ends meet. Well, I did work two jobs and the scholarship money coupled with the scholarships kept me out of student loan debt.”

He did not have to ask multiple people directions to the building and have them help him and offer to show him.

FAKE!

• Haha 1

The A&M program entered bowl season with so much positive momentum for next year that it made no sense to bring an undermanned roster to the Gator Bowl and risk an embarrassing loss to Wake Forest. Say this for Jimbo Fisher: he understands branding, and this game offered very little upside for the image of his program or for his reputation as a coach making close to $10 million a season.

• Like 1

Has Texas A&M’s football program ever been relevant on a national stage?Posted on 12/29/21 at 11:22 pm
uArw.png5dArw.png4
bkm1.png
Their success or lack thereof is almost unbelievable if you happen to talk to an A&M grad or read some of their fan’s post on this board. I’ve never seen a fan base want to belong or be associated with the top programs in the country so bad when they haven’t won anything of relevance since their great grandparents were living.

- obviously never won an SEC Championship or even make an appearance

- Never played in a BCS bowl game

- All you can do is laugh but only 1 Big 12 Championship over 20 years ago

-fair to say A&M is the 4th best program in their own State if you consider modern day success

I think it’s safe to say A&M’s program is the definition of average. What a stale program.

Where would you rank A&M’s program historically when comparing to other teams in the country? Top 40 maybe?

Damn, it’s got to suck being an A&M fan

7 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
Has Texas A&M’s football program ever been relevant on a national stage?Posted on 12/29/21 at 11:22 pm
uArw.png5dArw.png4
bkm1.png
Their success or lack thereof is almost unbelievable if you happen to talk to an A&M grad or read some of their fan’s post on this board. I’ve never seen a fan base want to belong or be associated with the top programs in the country so bad when they haven’t won anything of relevance since their great grandparents were living.

- obviously never won an SEC Championship or even make an appearance

- Never played in a BCS bowl game

- All you can do is laugh but only 1 Big 12 Championship over 20 years ago

-fair to say A&M is the 4th best program in their own State if you consider modern day success

I think it’s safe to say A&M’s program is the definition of average. What a stale program.

Where would you rank A&M’s program historically when comparing to other teams in the country? Top 40 maybe?

Damn, it’s got to suck being an A&M fan

The only supposed "football school" to opt out of the bowl game.  I can't imagine being a "football school" and not wanting to play football.

• Like 1

aggy’s crowing about their No. 1 recruiting class got me to thinking about the parallels. They think they’re Bama, but in reality they’re Ole Miss. 

In 2013, Ole Miss decided to open the checkbooks and get the best class money could buy. They landed the No. 1 class, headlined by the top defensive lineman, top offensive lineman, and top receiver in ESPN’s rankings. https://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8920409/robert-nkemdiche-commits-mississippi-rebels-national-signing-day

What did they get for that investment?  9-4 in 2013 (beat Bama),  10-3 in 2015 (beat Bama, but destroyed by TCU in the Peach Bowl), 5-7 in 2016, and Freeze forced out in July 2017 after text messaging indiscretions. 

So aggy beat Bama this year. Maybe they’ll even beat them next year. Tshirt worthy in CS, the peak of their achievements. They own the Tide (in their minds). My prediction?  Jimbo will be out after 2023, with aggy having to eat all of that contract. 

Should be fun to watch. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, nnm said:

aggy’s crowing about their No. 1 recruiting class got me to thinking about the parallels. They think they’re Bama, but in reality they’re Ole Miss. 

In 2013, Ole Miss decided to open the checkbooks and get the best class money could buy. They landed the No. 1 class, headlined by the top defensive lineman, top offensive lineman, and top receiver in ESPN’s rankings. https://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8920409/robert-nkemdiche-commits-mississippi-rebels-national-signing-day

What did they get for that investment?  9-4 in 2013 (beat Bama),  10-3 in 2015 (beat Bama, but destroyed by TCU in the Peach Bowl), 5-7 in 2016, and Freeze forced out in July 2017 after text messaging indiscretions. 

So aggy beat Bama this year. Maybe they’ll even beat them next year. Tshirt worthy in CS, the peak of their achievements. They own the Tide (in their minds). My prediction?  Jimbo will be out after 2023, with aggy having to eat all of that contract. 

Should be fun to watch. 

From your mouth to a sheep's asshole

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

An excellent aggy story:

So he paid for aggy college by begging for money and working glory holes

A&M seriously, take a timeout for a few weeksPosted on 12/29/21 at 9:17 pm
up vote95down vote7
bkm1.png
You quit a bowl game 10 days in advance, your players would’ve been fine

Who cares about your recruiting class

Who cares you had a player score 30 pts for the first time in 6 years

Who cares about your win over Bama, you still lost 5 games while Bama is in playoff

Who cares about what Jumbo is doing to secure 5 losses next year

Who cares about other bowl games forfeited, you quit

Who cares how many A&M threads are started by other fan bases, you deserve it at this point

Texas A&M=who cares?

TBH, the melts coming from College Station this week makes me want OU and Texas just for them to come in and beat your asses, that’s how bad it’s been.

• Hook 'Em 9

18 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I've said howdy my whole life. Lots of folk here in Carolina say it. I've even heard it in DC.

The only place I've ever said it and have folk look at me funny was Maine. And they're barely civilized anyway.

I say it from time to time. I generally don't assault people with it as part of a cult ritual. 

They're doing their best to take something kinda fun and turn it into an annoyance. Kinda like Fish Camp.

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I say it from time to time. I generally don't assault people with it as part of a cult ritual. 

No shit. People who just say "Hi" convey the same meaning without invading anybody's personal space.

I've learned over the years, though, that it's a good thing when mouth breathing morons announce themselves early in your acquaintancehood, so as to avoid wasting any time trying to get to know them.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

No shit. People who just say "Hi" convey the same meaning without invading anybody's personal space.

I've learned over the years, though, that it's a good thing when mouth breathing morons announce themselves early in your acquaintancehood, so as to avoid wasting any time trying to get to know them.

You were amongst them for many years, sort of a Jane Goodall among the lower primates. I'm glad you made it out.

As much of a pansy-assed poser as he was, McGee was still three times as tough as anyone else on that aggy team. He was a dumbass through and through, but he was the only aggy I've seen since Ray Childress who didn't quit at the first sign of adversity. He really should have gone to an FCS school where he wouldn't have looked so bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
A&M seriously, take a timeout for a few weeksPosted on 12/29/21 at 9:17 pm
up vote95down vote7
bkm1.png
You quit a bowl game 10 days in advance, your players would’ve been fine

Who cares about your recruiting class

Who cares you had a player score 30 pts for the first time in 6 years

Who cares about your win over Bama, you still lost 5 games while Bama is in playoff

Who cares about what Jumbo is doing to secure 5 losses next year

Who cares about other bowl games forfeited, you quit

Who cares how many A&M threads are started by other fan bases, you deserve it at this point

Texas A&M=who cares?

TBH, the melts coming from College Station this week makes me want OU and Texas just for them to come in and beat your asses, that’s how bad it’s been.

Not that I care or anything, but I am curious if once we're in the SEC, does aggy celebrate our future NCs like they do Bama?

• Haha 1