B12 championship game - Baylor vs OSU - 11am on ABC

dingleberryswitzer

2 minutes ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

If you can't punch it in with first and goal from less than a yard, you are not elite. Big 12 is not elite. Argh, Longhorns couldn't finish with 6 wins against these folks this year, sigh. 

They seemed to have about 15 plays from within 2 yards of the goal line but couldn't do much shit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

If you can't punch it in with first and goal from less than a yard, you are not elite. Big 12 is not elite. Argh, Longhorns couldn't finish with 6 wins against these folks this year, sigh. 

Yes but that play calling was about as predictable, un-gundy like as you can get… so maybe that’s why he tried it?

Run up the middle. Nope. Let’s try it again.

run up the middle. Nope. Time to beat them in the air.

try a pass over the middle. Nope. Let’s overload one side and try to create some 1x1 action on the other and get to the pylon first 

Nope.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Baylor put on a goal line defense clinic. If you can’t get a TD in 7 attempts inside the 2 yard line, you don’t deserve to win.

Uh they didn’t have 7 attempts

but yes, 4 should be way more than enough

edit: Nm . I’m only talking about the last drive

Edited by UTexasFight

OK state has a bad OL and no running game. Their RBs don't have speed as we saw on their last play.  QB sucks. 

Only reason this game was close because the BACKUP qb was hurt , otherwise Baylor wins by 10+.]

Will the Big12 be considered a P5 when OU/UT leave and smaller schools join?  Will we only have a P4 then? If Baylor/OK State dont have to fight OU for the Big12 title, and they go 12-1 will they be treated as inferior and be locked out of the CFP?

But we actually beat baylor 62-0 in ‘05 when nordgren played basically the entire 2nd half

I know and in 2006, we beat them 63-31 and the sky was falling. I was merely making a point that during that era, we dominated Baylor with our backups in, not a particular year.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

OK state has a bad OL and no running game. Their RBs don't have speed as we saw on their last play.  QB sucks. 

Only reason this game was close because the BACKUP qb was hurt , otherwise Baylor wins by 10+.]

Will the Big12 be considered a P5 when OU/UT leave and smaller schools join?  Will we only have a P4 then? If Baylor/OK State dont have to fight OU for the Big12 title, and they go 12-1 will they be treated as inferior and be locked out of the CFP?

Big 12 will go the way of the Big East when Texas and OU are gone. They might survive for a little but they will be a Mountain West type conference. 

41 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

What was the time out call for Baylor before the last play? That was weird.

I thought that was an official timeout to correct the play clock. McDonough had said the play clock is winding down but it said :22 on my screen. Then around the time it hit :20 on my screen the officials blew the whistle and said to set the play clock at :25. I never saw Baylor or OSU call time. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I thought that was an official timeout to correct the play clock. McDonough had said the play clock is winding down but it said :22 on my screen. Then around the time it hit :20 on my screen the officials blew the whistle and said to set the play clock at :25. I never saw Baylor or OSU call time. 

Yeah, would love to know what really happened there.  So much on the line and nobody knew what the clock should read.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep, stupid conference leadership just cost themselves a playoff spot.

The biggest problem with the Big 12 has always been incompetent administration. 

They’ve always been satisfied just fucking Texas. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Haha 1

Big 12 will go the way of the Big East when Texas and OU are gone. They might survive for a little but they will be a Mountain West type conference. 
Regardless, Baylor is the reigning MBB National Champion and Big12 Football champion.

So whatever the future holds, right now feels pretty good.
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Baylor's OOC 38 - 24 win over BYU pretty much settles the 'transitive property' argument of the current P5 status of the B12.  This season, BYU, not even a G5-member, went on a 5-0 run vs PAC-12 members on their slate.

How was that not a penalty on Baylor. They called timeout with none left and the refs stopped it. That should have been a penalty on Baylor. 

Reddit is saying it’s not against the rules in cfb to call timeout when you don’t have any. Refs are supposed to know how many they have and ignore the request if none remain.

Had no idea.

21 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

That….and did Baylor get an influx of new players? Or did they coach up the same ones they had last year?

Picked up two starting offensive linemen in the portal. Nose tackle Siaki Ika portaled in from LSU. Drew Estrada, caught one of the TD passes, transfered in. Dillon Doyle, second year starting linebacker, came in last year from Iowa. 

• Like 2