Lincoln Riley to USC

Landomatic

top college corches work a shit tonne of hours they are not out and about doing all the "cool kids shit" wherever they live
people say LR is worth $25 or $30 million maybe, but that is probably going to generate him an income of less than $900,000 with the tax rates in California and not much more in Oklahoma with conservative long term investing
that is a shit tonne of money on just investment income, but that goes a hell of a lot less far in California and all of his new income leaves a hell of a lot more for him to continue to invest after taxes in Oklahoma vs California
people that work a shit tonne of hours and that are really rich with "FU money" can afford to take a vacation anywhere they wish for all the available vacation time they have when they do get that time......that includes going to California or places much nice, funner, and cooler than that
even people that have major FU money and that live in California (or other "cool places") and have lots of free time still have to put u with some of the bullshit that comes with living in those places and sometimes living in another place and visiting other places makes it a lot easier to put up with a lot less bullshit and for a lot lower cost with the same or more enjoyment
Oklahoma might not be the top place to make that choice, but when that is where the high paying job is well that is the choices you have to evaluate
Username checks out. Every post you make in this thread is the mental equivalent of a buttfumble.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Which one?  Bob is....... for the bowl game.

Bob will hold it down until a coach they want is ready to make the jump. That's my guess, like Rhule, maybe he says no this time, but another season with Cam Newton and he's ready for college ball. 

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Most yes. My family lives in LA in the hills. Literally everyone that goes and visits is for Hollywood. LA traffic is the worst in the country, everyone is super douchey and thinks they are future stars. I wouldn’t live in LA or Cali if you paid me. 

That’s LA. You have to get away from there I live next to Manhattan beach this is heaven here 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Bob will hold it down until a coach they want is ready to make the jump. That's my guess, like Rhule, maybe he says no this time, but another season with Cam Newton and he's ready for college ball. 

Like Mike Perrin held down the AD job here?  That's a recipe for disaster.  What if Matt Rhule or whomever decides never to leave their post after demurring for several years?  That's just hoping and hoping ain't a plan.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

California if you have a net worth in the $15 million or higher range is a fantastic place to live.  

If I can make money, I’ll park my ass in Santa Barbara and never leave.  

SB sucks. Go to OC that’s the only beach county with logical folks who aren’t brain dead fucks 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

How pathetic is Bob? “Hey Bob, we know we pushed you out for this guy and he just bailed on us, but can you come keep his seat warm until we find his replacement?” Bob, “Sure!”

I don't recall it going down that way or that dickeater was pushed out.

1 minute ago, HRSchenker said:

It has to be for more money. OU is a destination job. I would understand if he was a head coach at a smaller, mid major program like East Carolina or Texas A&M but you don't leave a blue blood unless a Brinks truck is in your driveway.

Maybe he thinks beating Oregon and UCLA is easier than the SEC.

I guess I’m on the outside, but I believe Riley will clean house at SC.

He will be back in the playoffs in less than two years. His scheme with Southern California talent is going to be a good match. 

I could see this. 2 years might be quick but if he can coach and recruit at all could be a winner. They have zero competition.

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Most yes. My family lives in LA in the hills. Literally everyone that goes and visits is for Hollywood. LA traffic is the worst in the country, everyone is super douchey and thinks they are future stars. I wouldn’t live in LA or Cali if you paid me. 

As an Angeleno of 10+ years, I'd say it's fairly easy to avoid those kinds of people, and if you've surrounded yourself with them, that's on you. It'd be like complaining about the trash that hangs out at Sixth Street. If that's your problem in Austin, you're uh, doing it very very wrong.

Edited by Queen Bitch
  • Hook 'Em 2

People acting like this isn’t a big blow to OU and that Riley regressed are cracking me up. Besides Saban and maybe Dabo who else is consistently making the playoff and winning CFP games over the last few years.
Yep, 55-10 record, 4 conference championships, and ou fans saying good riddance... Now please pop media, tell me how Texas fans are entitled bitches...

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 2