Lincoln Riley to USC

Landomatic

3 hours ago, statsman said:

I get that. And I find it hilarious, because, and answer honestly, what is there in the OU coaching experience that teaches a coach to honor his commitments and be honest about his intentions?

Agree.  And now we can all just laugh at it all (and LR) over how it turned out.  LA media already circling for his ass.  They think you owe them out there.  Dumbfuck should really enjoy all of that.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Agree.  And now we can all just laugh at it all (and LR) over how it turned out.  LA media already circling for his ass.  They think you owe them out there.  Dumbfuck should really enjoy all of that.  

“Yet on a brutal Saturday night, their $10-million-a-year coach’s promise of a championship culture once again crumpled like a cheap suit.

Riley failed the moment. He failed the Trojans. He failed the Coliseum. He is failing this season.“

https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/story/2023-10-22/usc-lincoln-riley-failure-utah-loss

it is only going to get worse. Barbarians already at the gates. I mean Lakers fans could give two fucks about LeBron and he won them a championship. No way USC fans are pleased with this shit. They’ve been flailing a long time. Since Pete took off. I’d be livid too. Plus Lincoln has been cocky and truculent with the media which is not a good look. 

• Haha 2

Bill Plaschke is a fucking moron that predicted USC to go 12-0. I'm not sure anybody who is realistic actually thought that was possible. 

Dude overrated the shit out of that team and is now ripping them apart for not living up to his homer prediction. It's hilarious. Reminds me of here.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/22/2023 at 11:39 PM, GenXer said:

CW is actually a really nice guy. A buddy and I went to the Iowa St game in Nov 2020. OU was enforcing social distancing and so groups of 4-ish people were seated together with 4 vacant seats between groups.

During the game a number of people came down and had their picture taken with a guy in the group seated beside us. After several people had come down, I ask my buddy if we should know the guy. My buddy doesn’t really have a filter and leans over and asks who he is. It was Caleb. We chat off and on with him the rest of the game. My buddy gets Caleb’s number, and they text back and forth for a few months. 

As Caleb and his family were leaving the game, he tells us he enjoyed meeting us. He seems to be a genuinely nice guy.

Fine but before anybody throws out a fuckin anecdote about Lincoln Riley, I'm still gonna hate that overrated pussy fuck and his criminal attempts at brisket. I don't give a shit if he saved the world 500 times or was everybody's best friend.

Edited by Bevo14

3 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

I think he missed his weekly show because he wasn't 'feeling well'. Probably going to Chicago as we speak to meet with the best doctors in the nation and not meeting with the Bears. 

Fuck that noise.  Hiring Lincoln Riley for the Bears would be a Marc Trestman level disaster.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pound Town said:

Herman neglected trench recruiting to the point of malpractice.  He baked a cake with no flour but put sprinkles on top (Bijan).

But we had so many WR and DBs!!!!!!

God damn terrible recruiting strategy.  That 2021 depth chart on the OL makes you want to puke. 

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby said he got a text from someone he trust that Kliff is being activated to on field coach and that Lincoln hasn't been at USC practices for 2-3 days this week. Missing meetings and everything

Hell, Riley may actually be sick.  But with his past, he really doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

39 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby said he got a text from someone he trust that Kliff is being activated to on field coach and that Lincoln hasn't been at USC practices for 2-3 days this week. Missing meetings and everything

Think all of that has been publicly reported.

Edited by HenryJames
you filthy animals

1 hour ago, Etexhorn13 said:

What an insufferable douchebag

I dunno, maybe the way he delivers the message, but as for the content, he see's it from the player's perspective which none of us do.  Most people given the chance to forget what's morally or ethically right in order to make a shit-ton of cash will do so.  He was the graduation speaker last year when my twins graduated from UT.  Gave a pretty good speech, nothing terribly inspirational.  As he was finishing up, he told the graduates he was giving them all a graduation present of his newly published book that they could pick up on the way out of DKR.  My sons both said it was pretty funny how almost no one picked up a copy, there were crates of them left when everybody cleared out.  CSB.

• Haha 1

This might be the weirdest coaching situation I have ever seen. What coach abandons his team in the middle of the season and flies to Chicago to meet with the bears? The only other situation I can recall like this would be Bobby Petrino ditching the Falcons, but even that was not the same. This is worse than the Urban Meyer bar incident if it actually turns out to be something real. What must Kingsbury be thinking right about now? Has Riley been quiet fired? Has he quiet quit? I would laugh my ass off if he does go to the NFL and winds up with the first pick and picks Williams.  

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Vertigo said:

This might be the weirdest coaching situation I have ever seen. What coach abandons his team in the middle of the season and flies to Chicago to meet with the bears? The only other situation I can recall like this would be Bobby Petrino ditching the Falcons, but even that was not the same. This is worse than the Urban Meyer bar incident if it actually turns out to be something real. What must Kingsbury be thinking right about now? Has he been quiet fired? Has he quiet quit? I would laugh my ass off if he does go to the NFL and winds up with the first pick and picks Williams.  

I'd assume the same one that tried to burn down the program that gave him his big break/chance on the way out the door.

2 hours ago, Zone Read said:

I dunno, maybe the way he delivers the message, but as for the content, he see's it from the player's perspective which none of us do.  Most people given the chance to forget what's morally or ethically right in order to make a shit-ton of cash will do so.  He was the graduation speaker last year when my twins graduated from UT.  Gave a pretty good speech, nothing terribly inspirational.  As he was finishing up, he told the graduates he was giving them all a graduation present of his newly published book that they could pick up on the way out of DKR.  My sons both said it was pretty funny how almost no one picked up a copy, there were crates of them left when everybody cleared out.  CSB.

I can’t bring myself to even listen to anything he has to say, so I’m unsure if the content. My opinion is just that he’s a pompous, self-aggrandizing douchebag. Doesn’t surprise at all that he “gifted” them all his book lol

• Hook 'Em 2

Why the hell would Caleb Williams even want to continue being coached by Riley at this point? This fucking dude is a stage 5 clinger. Leaves OU and begs Caleb to come. Says itll be different. Its not. And now that Caleb is gonna go pro he wants to tag along for that too? Jesus christ man have some self respect.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, oSuJeff97 said:

Sadly, dudes get rewarded, not punished, for being the equivalent of living breathing click bait.

I get it, but it's still embarrassing.  

He should study for the Bar and moonlight as an injury attorney while he's at it.

Douche.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, z009 said:

If Riley can't beat Utah's 3rd string QB on his own field, does he really think he can handle the NFL? 

I keep asking the same thing.  He only wins in college when he has an overwhelming talent advantage and in the NFL, everyone has essentially the same talent level, with a few exceptions.  

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I keep asking the same thing.  He only wins in college when he has an overwhelming talent advantage and in the NFL, everyone has essentially the same talent level, with a few exceptions.  

Yeah... only thing I can think of is that his main problem in college seems to be that he won't fire his shit-tastic defensive coordinator.

They are currently 3rd in the country in scoring offense and 105th (!!!) in scoring defense.  I mean, if they were "only" like 60th or so in scoring defense they would likely be undefeated and ranked in the top 5.  If they had a top 10-15 defense (which USC absolutely should be able to do) they would be blowing everyone out and be a national title contender.

If I'm an owner of an NFL team and are willing to hire him, my terms would be "We are hiring you for your offensive acumen. We are not hiring your buddy who is a shitty DC. You will hire a real DC."

If I'm an owner of an NFL team and are willing to hire him, my terms would be "We are hiring you for your offensive acumen. We are not hiring your buddy who is a shitty DC. You will hire a real DC."

Didn’t arizona already try this with kingsbury?
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

He was really good at East Carolina with a talent disadvantage and he was good early on at OU against good defenses.  He's gotten more reliant on QB play since becoming a HC.  That doesn't hold up as well on its own against good defenses.  I don't think he got dumber.  He's just bad at managing a football team and his HC role is hurting his OC role.  

He's basically Mark Helfrich, but at better jobs and with more QB talent.  He's the sort of guy that should do a tour of duty as an analyst for Saban or Kirby Smart.  I don't get the impression that he's humble enough for that, but if he wanted to find out his own deficiencies, those guys could show him.