Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

22 hours ago, tokamak said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if schools quietly asked the NCAA to reign in the photo shoots. Schools fucking hate them. Takes forever and all that time would be better spent getting to know the recruit and showing him around.

I'm with you on the cookie cakes, though. Don't see why anyone would give a fuck. Maybe some schools were decorating hotel rooms with hookers and blow.

All these rules come from the schools. They hate the tedium of shit like photo shoots and decorating hotel rooms and shit

• Hook 'Em 2

Burnt Ends will keep doing their photo shoots though, right?! We need more quality shots like this one. But I have to say this photo makes me question Burnt Ends leadership. I’m not sure paying Herman an appearance fee of three lines of coke was a great use of our donations. 

IMG_4828.thumb.jpeg.ba59cbd8ce5e3c1e6f91d0376d39a056.jpeg

Post the handles of all those goofy motherfuckers. I can spot imma a mile away so that one is covered.

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

I believe Hallettsville, Jonathan Brooks' alma mater, is also 4A.  Lots of talent in the sub-5A schools, and if good enough for Choice . . . .

Hallettsville is actually 3A.

I remember all the gnashing of teeth by certain people on this board about why were we taking such a small-school kid and missing out on Camar Wheaton and LJ Johnson.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Hallettsville is actually 3A.

I remember all the gnashing of teeth by certain people on this board about why were we taking such a small-school kid and missing out on Camar Wheaton and LJ Johnson.

To be fair, that was almost everybody on the board. It didn't seem like an amazing take at the time, especially as part of a 1-2 weekend commit punch with Casey Cain.

36 minutes ago, texifornia said:

To be fair, that was almost everybody on the board. It didn't seem like an amazing take at the time, especially as part of a 1-2 weekend commit punch with Casey Cain.

watching brooks that season though.. won me over.. from the early games then his run through the playoffs.. he just looked different.

• Hook 'Em 7

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Everyone would’ve taken Wheaton or Johnson, but Brooks had his fair share of defenders on the board at the time too, especially once he got deep into his senior year. He had amazing tape, some just couldn’t get over that it was in 3A.

But I do think even the Brooks defenders wanted him to be part of a two back class.

On 2/22/2024 at 8:25 PM, Hank_Hill said:

Is Lacey not mobile? To be clear I’m asking because he’s black.

He's plenty mobile, but he mostly uses his mobility to elude the pass rush all the while looking downfield for a receiver coming open.  And he can sling it.  

7 hours ago, Thiefery said:

watching brooks that season though.. won me over.. from the early games then his run through the playoffs.. he just looked different.

Same.  And Hallettsville played a rugged schedule that included some top 4A teams.  Brooks was a great two-way player.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, D3zii said:

So does all this WR talk mean we might not be getting Moore??

image.gif.5f96e26c1db1b73ce74d63050f56e6db.gif

Seriously though, LSU is putting together a monster class. They think Kelly is the guy so they’re going all in. I think Moore will be a really hard pull. 

12 minutes ago, tokamak said:

image.gif.5f96e26c1db1b73ce74d63050f56e6db.gif

Seriously though, LSU is putting together a monster class. They think Kelly is the guy so they’re going all in. I think Moore will be a really hard pull. 

This is a NiL recruitment.  The timing of Moore picking LSU out of the blue right as Simmons picked Texas wasn’t a coincidence.  Moore likely visits Texas and it’s probably going to come down to which school will give him more money.  Moore has a lot of close friends at Texas.  I imagine they will let this play out and make a push in the fall for a flip.  You normally do not want to be the first school a player commits to early on as they don’t last.

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, victory88 said:

This is a NiL recruitment.  The timing of Moore picking LSU out of the blue right as Simmons picked Texas wasn’t a coincidence.  Moore likely visits Texas and it’s probably going to come down to which school will give him more money.  Moore has a lot of close friends at Texas.  I imagine they will let this play out and make a push in the fall for a flip.  You normally do not want to be the first school a player commits to early on as they don’t last.

Also, fuck LSU.  Tiger boards all think they'll just come in to Texas and get whoever they want.  That shitty defense and making a drastic improvement in one year and they won't have Daniels to out score people next year.  I wouldn't be completely shocked if they lose to USC opening weekend.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t blame anyone for tracking positions and players in the 2025 class, because, otherwise, why are we here? That considered, Texas is going to get whoever they want at WR. If LSU decides to die on the hill that is Dekorian Moore with absurd NIL, there are comparable options. 

LSU is attempting to drum up the notion of signing a monster class, but they’re not running over competitors with performance, NIL, tradition, or anything else. Going hard early is as much desperate as anything. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

On 2/22/2024 at 11:18 AM, BornAndRaised said:

Honestly, I am sure this would get swatted down quickly if any school really cared about enough about it to challenge. I am sure some enterprising lawyer could argue that photo shoots and decorated hotel rooms are forms of NIL, and thus not able to be regulated by the NCAA. 

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t blame anyone for tracking positions and players in the 2025 class, because, otherwise, why are we here? That considered, Texas is going to get whoever they want at WR. If LSU decides to die on the hill that is Dekorian Moore with absurd NIL, there are comparable options. 

LSU is attempting to drum up the notion of signing a monster class, but they’re not running over competitors with performance, NIL, tradition, or anything else. Going hard early is as much desperate as anything. 

Yup. I've gotten to the point that I don't care much about WR recruiting. WR is the new running back.

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Yup. I've gotten to the point that I don't care much about WR recruiting. WR is the new running back.

They grow on trees and the portal always has some nice ones. I'm usually most interested in the trenches. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

It doesn’t make sense to pay top dollar to high school recruits when we can get NFL prospects in the portal every year that are plug and play.  Especially in Sark’s system where he requires a lot from the receivers.   

6 hours ago, victory88 said:

It doesn’t make sense to pay top dollar to high school recruits when we can get NFL prospects in the portal every year that are plug and play.  Especially in Sark’s system where he requires a lot from the receivers.   

I see advantages in having a player grow in the culture and build more than a one season relationship with both the QB and the offense.

I'd also like to have guys on the team that feel attached to the University. 

• Hook 'Em 4

20 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Honestly, I am sure this would get swatted down quickly if any school really cared about enough about it to challenge. I am sure some enterprising lawyer could argue that photo shoots and decorated hotel rooms are forms of NIL, and thus not able to be regulated by the NCAA. 

The schools are the ones that pushed for the NCAA to do this, because they all hated having to do that dumb shit

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BornAndRaised said:

There are sunshine photos...There are no sunshine photos  

Where does "completely and totally lit by fluorescent lights and has never been outside" rank on the sunshine to no sunshine scale?

Does the fact he may also be a 35 y/o undercover cop with a wife and four kids change anything?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

His face isnt even straight as you can tell by the cattywhompus angle of the glasses

He looks like he hasnt showered in weeks

His shirt says nobody cares

His shirt that says nobody cares looks like he has been banished to the backyard for weeks 

Said home he looks like he has been banished from for weeks is a trailer house

I want this dude

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

His face isnt even straight as you can tell by the cattywhompus angle of the glasses
His shirt that says nobody cares looks like he has been banished to the backyard for weeks 
I want this dude
If Flood really wants this kid it shouldn't be too hard to call up Rojo and ask him to give a little nudge towards ATX.

1 hour ago, MisterP said:

I want this dude

Are you Joe Wickline?