Cowbots @ Washington: Week 14

Vic Mackey

So 3 game lead with 4 to play, and wash and Philly still play each other twice and Dallas once.   Feels like the east is a matter of time.  Playing for seeding going forward. 
Getting the 2 seed would be big. Would guarantee 2 home games in a row in the playoffs if you can win that wild card round

The offense is bad. While some clowns try to put it ALL in Dak they are out of sorts. The OL hasn’t even good. The run game is gone. The play calling is as bad as people think Dak is.

If it wer JUST Dak they’d be fine as they could block and run for 150 a game like they used too. They can get 3.5 yards a carry anymore.

And maybe Kellen has been figured out. His offense is about as vanilla as Reds was the last 5-6 weeks. No creativity. No motion.

Need Dak to play a LOT better. But need the RBs and OL to as well. And the WRs to stop dropping passes.

Still, road win against a very game WFT late in the year is a good thing. Especially with as bad as the offense is right now.

Just now, Mileslong said:

Dak hasn’t played as well since his last injury but to say he is terrible is beyond stupid. He is a top 6-10 QB in the league regardless. Of what metrics you use.

I’m commenting on what I saw today. Arguing he was anything better than terrible is beyond stupid. Providing season statistics and trying to exclude that performance is beyond stupid. 

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

I’m commenting on what I saw today. Arguing he was anything better than terrible is beyond stupid. Providing season statistics and trying to exclude that performance is beyond stupid. 

He was very poor today.  I'm also a little concerned over the lack of separation and open guys we have right now.  Besides a couple of drives where WFT was playing soft zones, we seems to have issues getting open vs man.  Cooper generally can get separation but Gallup seems like a guy is always in his jersey and Schultz has been negated.  With our RBs having bad wheels, we're going to have to manufacture some offense on the edges.  Moore will be challenged and needs to be creative.

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:
So 3 game lead with 4 to play, and wash and Philly still play each other twice and Dallas once.   Feels like the east is a matter of time.  Playing for seeding going forward. 

Getting the 2 seed would be big. Would guarantee 2 home games in a row in the playoffs if you can win that wild card round

it would have been nice to not lose to a shitty LV team at home on Thanksgiving.  This team has to be completely healthy(like no starter hurt) to win 2 playoff games.  

11 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

You said Dak is terrible, you didn’t specify that it was just for this game. Not doing so is incredibly stupid

Within the context of a game on a fucking game thread. Going out of your way to defend him is beyond incredibly stupid. Just stop. 

Edited by Porterhouse

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

👋 I am not worried about Dak. Some of y’all have no fun rooting for football, even during a wire to wire win against the Redskins on the road. 

Perhaps, but I'm looking at the big picture.  This type of offense v a real team in the playoffs = a solid loss.  Frustrating because, unlike last year, the defense has really stepped it up.  All we need is for Dak to make the plays a good to above average QB can make with the disclaimer that the o-line is healthy.

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

it would have been nice to not lose to a shitty LV team at home on Thanksgiving.  This team has to be completely healthy(like no starter hurt) to win 2 playoff games.  

This team isn’t winning 2 playoff games without an impeccable performance from Dak in the divisional round. This is why his post-injury play should be so concerning. The interceptions he threw today were incredibly bad. 

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

This team isn’t winning 2 playoff games without an impeccable performance from Dak in the divisional round. This is why his post-injury play should be so concerning. The interceptions he threw today were incredibly bad. 

if the OL is healthy and Pollard and Zeke are healthy Dak can drive the bus and the D can win 2 games.  that said I don't totally disagree and its unlikely Pollard, Zeke and OL are healthy come playoff time.

11 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

👋 I am not worried about Dak. Some of y’all have no fun rooting for football, even during a wire to wire win against the Redskins on the road. 

I mean... I care about the Cowboys a lot less than most of you and I'm concerned with how Dak has been playing. This game should have been like 35-45 to 13.

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

if the OL is healthy and Pollard and Zeke are healthy Dak can drive the bus and the D can win 2 games.  that said I don't totally disagree and its unlikely Pollard, Zeke and OL are healthy come playoff time.

In one of the 2 games, we will need Dak to pay like early season Dak. I don’t care how healthy everyone else is. 

Edited by Porterhouse

25 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Dak hasn’t played as well since his last injury but to say he is terrible is beyond stupid. He is a top 6-10 QB in the league regardless. Of what metrics you use.

He played fantastic against Atlanta with the calf strain. He hasn't played fantastic since they benched Conor Williams, Cooper took himself out 2 games for not being vaxed, and he lost faith in that OL. All signs are pointed to his mentals are wrecked. How may times has he thrown to the wrong spot or flat out misread the defense like on that pick 6 today? He threw about 4 to 5 picks today just Football Team only caught 2 of them. 

Edited by Hermanator

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Zeke and Pollard won't be healthy the rest of the season.  Zeke actually has a better chance than Pollard so...... yea.  

So cowboys have 10 standout players by my count.

Micah
Diggs
Cooper
Gregory
Lamb
Martin
Lawrence
Smith
Dak
Zeke

I think they go in that order too. That’s still a lot of good players out of 22 starters. The other guys they have a good too, except for a few. It’s a good roster and ready for a playoff push.

We also benefit with a bunch of soft ass games here at the end of the year, except for Arizona.

So we got a lot going for us but we do need Dak to get over the yips because he looks slow and his throws have been jekyl and Hyde.

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said: