RIP Bowl Games Catchall Thread

GreenspointTexas

"Stuck" on Oahu with nothing else to do for the next 72 hours on somebody else's dime?  My god...sorry they can't play and elevate their draft status but holy shit...think of the possibilities.  "Excuse me, Mr. Don?  Or is it Mr.  Ho?  Sorry, don't know the pidgin lingo.  Yessir, what is the hookers and blow situation on the Windward side?"  

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

"Stuck" on Oahu with nothing else to do for the next 72 hours on somebody else's dime?  My god...sorry they can't play and elevate their draft status but holy shit...think of the possibilities.  "Excuse me, Mr. Don?  Or is it Mr.  Ho?  Sorry, don't know the pidgin lingo.  Yessir, what is the hookers and blow situation on the Windward side?"  

Very smart to go looking for hookers on the wet side of the island.

wet.gif.51c930aec640d1b62f04aa9623713d72.gif

Edited by TotallyLegit
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Stuck on Oahu instead of Memphis, no less. 

• Like 1

If I had a team in the playoffs I’d be very nervous. 

Why? You think this stuff cant be swept under a rug if so desired. Most of these athletes testing positive are showing little to no symptoms and bouncing right back. Easy to hide that if you want to or need to.

Put it this way. If aggy was in the CFP on 12/31 their Covid rate would be A-OK.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Fun fact: Don Ho’s mom was named Honey Ho. 

2 hours ago, nnm said:

Too bad. I was really hoping aggy would be the only cancellation. I don’t care about most of these bowls, only about further humiliation for aggy. 

Aggy is still more embarrassing considering they had more than a week until their game. Hawaii backed out the day of the game. Aggy is much more chickenshit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Funny how all the playoff and NYE bowl teams haven’t had many Covid concerns….

It's like the 2020 UIL playoffs.  There were something like 8 cancellations in the first round, all of them being 4th-place teams forfeiting to district champs.  And miraculously, there were none after that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

Born and raised on Oahu, still have a lot of family there and many friends/contacts working at or connected otherwise to UH Manoa.  It's apparently pretty bad.  Obviously, this is a low tier program with only one flash in the pan season (Colt Brennan getting the team to play Georgia with a regular undefeated season) and some solid years, but I don't even think the school has the money to easily do a buyout so soon.  The team also had some coaching strife internally with Rolovich and other coaches kind of worse than disclosed officially to the public, but this sounds worse from people involved with both situations.  (all hearsay but I trust it reasonably)

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to RIP Bowl Games Catchall Thread