RIP Bowl Games Catchall Thread

GreenspointTexas

I love the way he says it.  I rarely have any thoughts on improving one of their scripts but the line actually plays better if you say, "I spent a week there one night."  

It's not the timeframe in the listener's mind, it's the phonetics of it.  Either way, it works so long as it's preceded by the click-and-point.  

Edited by Lobo

On 12/24/2021 at 9:55 AM, BabaYaga said:

Funny how all the playoff and NYE bowl teams haven’t had many Covid concerns….

Nor has any team in a stable situation ... the experts told us last year covid selective impacts depending on what you're doing, so apparently this new variant only strikes teams with new coaches, high transfer numbers, lots of opt-outs or injuries, and other epidemiological issues.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

That is some straight up bullshit. These teams who are opting out of bowl games need to pay the other team the $$ they are losing for not being able to participate. 

This will be the trend and bowl sponsors should reconsider if it’s worth it in the future for non-playoff teams.

Just now, Horn80 said:

This will be the trend and bowl sponsors should reconsider if it’s worth it in the future for non-playoff teams.

I completely agree.  Expect starting next season for there to be somewhat onerous penalties for backing out of bowl games.  Why should someone take the risk and sponsor a game at this point?

13 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Not exactly covid related but there was a disgustingly sick catch & run from an Air Force receiver in the first responder bowl just now. 

There’s an interesting story with him he’s averaging about 28 yards a catch which would be the leader for FBS but he’s not avg 2 catches a game to qualify but he could get a few more this game and potentially get the required 2 catch per game avg to qualify is a the leading player in this category 

1 hour ago, Horn80 said:

Coming in 2022: a bunch of virtual bowl games, a la NASCAR. And that of course will bite with the power of a great white crushing a seal's skull. 

NC State this calendar year has been denied by COVID / protocols of:

- NCAA Men's Tournament appearance

- Potential run at a NCAA Baseball National Championship (made it to final 4 and gave eventual runner-up Vandy a free pass). 

- Holiday Bowl to potentially get their second 10 win season in program history

Rough. 

Edited by UTEX_ME
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Bruce clearly does not have a clue what "decimated" means. #idiocracy

Doesn't it mean to be reduced by a significant percentage. People tend to conflate decimate with obliterate but decimate doesn't mean complete destruction just a significant reduction.

13 minutes ago, F250 said:

Doesn't it mean to be reduced by a significant percentage. People tend to conflate decimate with obliterate but decimate doesn't mean complete destruction just a significant reduction.

1 in 10.  Same root as decimal.

2 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

NCST QB

he's right it is bullshit and every unvaxxed bruin owes an apology

will guess ucla was running around town and not holed up the past 5 days

and that should be the standard: 100% vaxxed, 5 days in quarantine before kickoff

i would not have put my money out there to sponsor a bowl without those reqs

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

he's right it is bullshit and every unvaxxed bruin owes an apology

will guess ucla was running around town and not holed up the past 5 days

and that should be the standard: 100% vaxxed, 5 days in quarantine before kickoff

i would not have put my money out there to sponsor a bowl without those reqs

98% of the team vaccinated.  omicron doesn't GAF.

• Hook 'Em 1