Be sure to drink your Ovaltine. Ovaltine?

South Austin

25 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Probably the GOAT Christmas film. 

The closing shot with the Old Man and Mother Parker drinking wine is perfect. 

This year it's seem to come into vogue to say it's the most overrated Christmas movie. I don't think so at all but heard several people in media throwing it around when never heard that before

6 hours ago, Hermanator said:

This year it's seem to come into vogue to say it's the most overrated Christmas movie. I don't think so at all but heard several people in media throwing it around when never heard that before

There are more dumb motherfuckers who have no business in “media,” offering dumbass opinions now, too. Direct correlation. 

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Fun/weird fact: a Christmas Story’s director Bob Clark also directed another “iconic” Christmas movie….albeit on the other end of the Christmas spectrum: 1974’s Black Christmas, which was one of the earliest American slasher films.

e29f8de3fc4fe70dfb95856ac580d52e.jpg

Also, my family watches A Christmas Story while eating Pei Wei every Christmas Eve. How original, eh?

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm on the part where they're changing the tire. Gotta say, massive dick move by the dad. I only have a teenage girl in the house but if I had a boy, or hell if the girl had said fuck like that at his age, no way I tell the wife and get her all worked up. I just tell him/her we're gonna talk about it later. Some things a dad just has to do himself. 

18 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

if I had a boy, or hell if the girl had said fuck like that at his age, no way I tell the wife and get her all worked up.

The thing you don't understand is for all his bluster, Dad is a softie. No way he could dole out punishment to Ralphie, so he pawns the job off on Mom.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

If you’re in Austin today and want to get out of the house with the kids.   Head to 32nd & Lafayette Street, house at the NW corner.  

The old man would tear up, it’s so beautiful.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

If you’re in Austin today and want to get out of the house with the kids.   Head to 32nd & Lafayette Street, house at the NW corner.  

The old man would tear up, it’s so beautiful.  

Sounds like a MAJOR attraction.

Just now, mdmost said:

The dad looking like a kid again when Ralphie unwraps the rifle is the part that resonates with me now as a parent. Such massive joy for a man beaten down the entire movie. 

It was one of the best scenes in the movie, right as Ralphie had resigned himself to the fact that he wasn’t getting the Christmas present of his dreams, and was putting on a good face about it.

In our world you were either a bully, a toadie, or one of the nameless rabble of victims.

Just now seeing this thread, but posted in the old one that I watched it with my 6 year old this year and was the first time she's watched it.  She loved it and wants to watch it every year now.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...