Views in Jerry's World--Buying Cotton Bowl Playoff Tickets

squib

Never been to the stadium. How bad is the view from section 414--southside, very top section, about 35 yard line? Can you at least get a good view on the huge screens? Any help is appreciated. Kids want to go so I am no about to pay for top-tier seats. 

I wouldn't sit that high up for a game I'm really interested in.  Just too far away from the field and you will just watch on the screen.  That being said, if I were taking kids and my team wasn't playing, I would definitely do that instead of paying a ton for seats.  Kids will enjoy the experience.  Hell, I watched most games as a kid from upper deck.  Builds character and makes you want better seats when you are older/can afford it.

That being said, are seat prices holding up?  I would buy last minute and see if you could happen to sneak some 300 club level at a decent price.  I thought about going and was surprised how much seats were still going for earlier in the week.  Made other plans now so haven't been following but I bet you still get some unloaded at decent prices tomorrow AM.

• Like 1

It's obviously a common argument on a Texas board but this is why I consider that place the worst game-watching experience of any major stadium in Texas. At least if you're at the game to actually watch a football game. 

The only argument I'll countenance is Kyle Field based on the people there. 

DKR, NRG, Cotton Bowl, Alamodome, Kyle Field

All are better for actually watching the game with the exception of some lower corner seats at the college ones. Amenities are obviously nice but that's a separate issue.  

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1

300 level isn't bad. I've only gone twice. Once in the 300 level and then in the lower level endzone. Both were okay. That dumb TV will make your experience fairly worthless as you'll just get drawn up towards it and away from the field. I have no desire to go back for a game there. I think I sat 400 level for Paul McCartney and it was terrible. Again, you'll be watching the TV any way. 

Edited by mdmost

7 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

414 is way fucking up there. Seeing the field from that high would probably suck. 

AT&T stadium is nice, and there is not really any "bad" seats.   People bag on it saying it is not like a "stadium", and what they mean is it is nice, and when walking around it is not like walking inside a giant concrete and steel girder erector set like a "real" stadium.

It is like being in a mall.  TV's everywhere to watch the game, restrooms are clean and have lots of stalls, and there is interesting art work and architecture.

I have sat in a section that was as high as 414 before and the view is very good, but the players will seem small (as with any high stadium seats), but site lines are good.  One thing about the experience is that unless you are on the lower bowl levels the TV is soooo big and the picture is soooo good that you will find yourself watching the TV and not the field as it is a bigger and better view.

That is one thing that is both good and bad about the experience.  You can see everything clearly, but the best view and what draws your eye is the giant Video screen.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The 200 club level is an enjoyable experience.   Booze is ridiculously overpriced of course but full bars and decent stadium food can typically be found easy without any meaningful wait.  I'm kind of at the point where if I don't find a seat in that section for whatever I'm willing to spend for any given game I probably won't go.

Not trying to be an old, but if you sit that high up you can’t keep your eyes from watching that fucking screen; from the OP that may not matter. 

If you want to go and really get into the game, go lower. If you wanna have a good time with your kids and don’t really care that much, by a million miles buy those tix….

3 hours ago, Skipper said:

The 200 club level is an enjoyable experience.   Booze is ridiculously overpriced of course but full bars and decent stadium food can typically be found easy without any meaningful wait.  I'm kind of at the point where if I don't find a seat in that section for whatever I'm willing to spend for any given game I probably won't go.

Yep, I always hated it, but was in 235 or so for a game (Founder's Club) earlier this year and it was nice.

Never been to the stadium. How bad is the view from section 414--southside, very top section, about 35 yard line? Can you at least get a good view on the huge screens? Any help is appreciated. Kids want to go so I am no about to pay for top-tier seats. 

You can literally type in “section 414 AT&T stadium” or any stadium in the world and see 40 results on where it is and what it looks like. This isn’t 1987 any longer. I did it and found this:

https://www.rateyourseats.com/mobile/att-stadium/seating/sections/414

42 minutes ago, markstanco said:

You can literally type in “section 414 AT&T stadium” or any stadium in the world and see 40 results on where it is and what it looks like. This isn’t 1987 any longer. I did it and found this:

https://www.rateyourseats.com/mobile/att-stadium/seating/sections/414

What is this, a football game for ants?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/30/2021 at 4:39 PM, Ignatius said:

Not trying to be an old, but if you sit that high up you can’t keep your eyes from watching that fucking screen; from the OP that may not matter. 

If you want to go and really get into the game, go lower. If you wanna have a good time with your kids and don’t really care that much, by a million miles buy those tix….

This. I would say 200 or lower 300 level or don't go, and you will still have to force yourself to not watch the screen. It will draw your attention to it. Wear a ball cap and keep your head slightly downward helps a little also

On 12/30/2021 at 11:05 PM, DougO said:

The poor design of seating, especially for poors, and the humongous screen are major reasons the Cowboys virtually have no home field advantage. 

Lol.  That’s not even remotely true.  The Cowboys don’t have a huge home field advantage because the seats are expensive as shit and everyone wants to come to a game to see their team play at AT&T, and Cowboys fans are happy to gouge them to make it happen.   

On 12/30/2021 at 4:32 PM, Skipper said:

I took my kids to a Cowboys game this year for my first visit to the stadium. We sat in the 300 club level and I figured out very quickly that the 200 level would have been MUCH better. The 300 level is lacking in amenities, even though the decor and finishes are nice since it is the main hallway to get into the suites.

Had the Jerryworld experience now and probably won't go back to a game there again unless it's for free or there is some other occasion. Television is much better.

Also living in Houston, I've been to NRG many times and NRG is a better spectating experience, too.

Another cool thing about going to a Cowboys game is all of the "Deep Cut" jerseys on fans: Bill Bates, Mark Tuinei, Drew Pearson, Cliff Harris. The best one I saw at the game we attended was an alternate home white James Washington #37.

They have 40 years of history on the Texans so you don't really get the same experience at NRG seeing Andre Johnson and Chester Pitts jerseys. 

/csb

Had a lot of fun. Enjoyed the pavilion area outside of the stadium before the game. Had some pretty good pre-game ballpark food. The jalepeno cheese sausage dog was legit good. Washed it down with a couple of Coors yellabellies. Got to our seats, and yes they were way up there. Could see well enough between watching the big board and watching the field. Drank many beers, a margarita thing and shared decent nachos with daughter. Bathrooms were clean. Movement in and out of stadium was orderly. Very glad we went. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/31/2021 at 10:13 PM, dieucla98 said:

The views in that places aren't bad but holy hell, the acoustics are terrible. It's fine for a soulless NFL game but for a college game where the band adds to the atmosphere, it's awful. Sounds like a pair of muffled farts.

I've seen a couple of concerts there and between headliners and opening acts the only thing that ever sounded good there was Metallica. I don't know how they did it. Maybe they shell out for the best live venue sound engineers in the business but they sounded fantastic while everything else I've heard there, including music during games, sounds horrible and disjointed. 

Went to 1 Cowboys game there. Sat 11 rows from the field behind the end zone and it still was a poor view. The stands are  WAY back from the field so even lower level you feel like you're far away. Plus got to see 4 fights in our section alone during the game which was impressive given the cost of the seats. 

When Texas played OU there in 2018 I didn't even bother going.