Orange Bowl CFP semifinal Georgia vs Michigan

Helobious

I'd feel better about it if the SEC played more than 8 conference games and didn't pad their schedule with four games against the little sisters of the poor, one of which is essentially a bye week late in the season to allow them to rest. 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

How is it a fixed game? Georgia and Alabama are the best 2 teams in the country. Sometimes they aren't. LSU, Clemson and Ohio State all have CFP titles. Clemson has 2.

Plus Georgia still had to show up and beat a 12-1 Michigan.  Say what you want, but everyone who said pre-game “Michigan is dangerous, this is a toss-up, etc” sure didn’t think UGA in the title was such a forgone conclusion. 

People should be angry at Michigan and Harbaugh for laying a fat fucking egg 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Dewey said:

What happened to big bowl games where the underdog pulled things you haven't seen from them all season? Michigan playing like it's a big 10 game, Cincy? I guess they thought they could chip away at Bama? Lol. Fucking go for it.

There was more variety between teams and not as much difference between haves and have nots. Now, haves have become juggernauts hoarding both 5 stars and good coaches as consultants and such. It is up to slackers like us to challenge them, not Boise States and TCUs.

• Like 1

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

Jesus Christ.  Michigan D got trucked by Michigan State and so the fact it's happening here at the hands of Georgia all of a sudden means the SEC title game was thrown?  Come the fuck on.  

THANK YOU

• Hook 'Em 1

The thing about this game is that the wheels can fall off for ol' Stetson fairly quickly. Interested to see what happens if Michigan can put some points on the board and maybe turn them over a couple times. 

Edited by ztejas

5 minutes ago, GhostOfTomChairman said:

Embarrassing.

Thinking UGA threw the SEC title game is embarrassing.  To somehow “ensure” an SEC rematch in the CFP finals as if they didn’t have to play another game to get there.  Bama and UGA are the two best teams - the end.  Deal with it or rise to their level. 

Major thanks to Michigan for keeping Ohio State out. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

this was written in stone the minute the sec championship was played.

I'm damned near out on all of cfb; it's a close-to-fixed game and I'm done. 

This is dumb, and you should feel dumb. I hate that the title game is a rematch, and I really hate that Alabama is probably going to win another championship. But maybe a team not named Clemson or Ohio State should try winning a big game from time to time?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Thinking UGA threw the SEC title game is embarrassing.  To somehow “ensure” an SEC rematch in the CFP finals as if they didn’t have to play another game to get there.  Bama and UGA are the two best teams - the end.  Deal with it or rise to their level. 

Bama and UGA are the only two teams to finish top 5 in recruiting every year going back to 2018 and we’re here acting like it’s some conspiracy that they might be the best two teams. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

UGA and their fans wanted the SEC championship badly. They hate that Bama has their number. Anyone who seriously thinks that they threw the game is a fucking moron.

• Hook 'Em 2