Orange Bowl CFP semifinal Georgia vs Michigan

Helobious

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Bama vs Georgia pt 2 close to happening. SEC got what they wanted. We might have our 3rd all SEC national championship game in the last decade. Georgia laid down for Bama in the SEC title with a wink wink handshake deal to get both of them, knowing a rematch was likely. 

I have this awesome pillow you might like to try…..

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Bama vs Georgia pt 2 close to happening. SEC got what they wanted. We might have our 3rd all SEC national championship game in the last decade. Georgia laid down for Bama in the SEC title with a wink wink handshake deal to get both of them, knowing a rematch was likely. 

I'm pretty sure Georgia threw the SEC title game so this could happen. 

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yay! rematch...

Looks like it. And if so, I really, really hope UGA wins to point out (once again) the farce that is this 4-team invitational. If it’s a rematch we will NOT know who the national champion is. All we will know is that so very good teams are 1-1 against each other. 

27 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

For those who think football fans hate all women announcers who aren't attractive because we're all sexist and misogynist I submit that Holly Rowe is awesome and has always been awesome. Perhaps the best sideline reporter in the biz.

To be fair Holly Rowe could get it. I am pretty high and drunk though

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, heso said:

Well enjoy your SEC rematch ratings. Fuck Auburn for being dumb enough to let this happen. 

If Auburn had beaten Bama, and then Bama drubs Georgia in the SEC final, you don’t think they’d still be in the playoffs? I bet they would. No way the SEC champ is out, even with 2 losses. Georgia fucked up by being Georgia in the SEC title game. 

3 minutes ago, nnm said:

Looks like it. And if so, I really, really hope UGA wins to point out (once again) the farce that is this 4-team invitational. If it’s a rematch we will NOT know who the national champion is. All we will know is that so very good teams are 1-1 against each other. 

How is it any different from the NFL? This is what people wanted and expanding it isn't going to change anything 

Just now, Doc Sam Beckett said:

How is it any different from the NFL? This is what people wanted and expanding it isn't going to change anything 

Yeah, these are the two best teams in college football even if you REALLY don’t want them to be.  In all likelihood the result is the same— rematch, unless an accident of seeding has them meet before the final. 

Georgia is so frustrating even as a neutral observer. I can't imagine being an actual fan. If this Georgia team shows up against Alabama they win and cover the spread. But because it's daddy Saban they shit their pants and get blown off the ball on both sides all game.

8 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

this was written in stone the minute the sec championship was played.

I'm damned near out on all of cfb; it's a close-to-fixed game and I'm done. 

How is it a fixed game? Georgia and Alabama are the best 2 teams in the country. Sometimes they aren't. LSU, Clemson and Ohio State all have CFP titles. Clemson has 2.

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

this was written in stone the minute the sec championship was played.

I'm damned near out on all of cfb; it's a close-to-fixed game and I'm done. 

On the contrary, a rematch makes expansion a near certainty which is the key to breaking the SEC stranglehold. 

Just now, Helobious said:

Worth pointing out that with no CFP we would’ve had a Bama vs Michigan national title game. 

I’d have been fine with that, better in fact.  I’m not excited about UGA-Bama II and don’t see why UGA should get a second bite at the apple. Michigan could play out of their mind and make it a game.