Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol wut? Not exactly. I actually realized recently that no matter who’s voted in (with exception of very few), my life tangentially doesn’t change. So, it’s mostly either win, or win win.  It’s been considerably more peaceful since that light went off.  I hope you all vote for what’s most important to you and yours. 

It’s a totes normal thing to make this many posts in this amount of time.

Some kind of light has gone off that’s for sure.

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol wut? Not exactly. I actually realized recently that no matter who’s voted in (with exception of very few), my life tangentially doesn’t change. So, it’s mostly either win, or win win.  It’s been considerably more peaceful since that light went off.  I hope you all vote for what’s most important to you and yours. 

tldr:

Susan Collins GIF by GIPHY News

• Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yep, and fuck everyone else, right?

We know your position on the current Trump GOP. You're the rube who says, "Sure, Trump and his ilk set the GOP back decades, spit in the faces of our oldest allies, gave angry white nationalists, white supremacists, and conspiracy theorists a voice, fucked up the courts for a generation, directly leading to the further marginalization of women and minorities, and was the catalyst for dividing our country irreparably, but what am I going to do? Vote for a Democrat???"

Then tell yourself that you're one of the good ones because you don't like who you voted for. So brave.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yep, and fuck everyone else, right?

We know your position on the current Trump GOP. You're the rube who says, "Sure, Trump and his ilk set the GOP back decades, spit in the faces of our oldest allies, gave angry white nationalists and white supremacists a voice, fucked up the courts for a generation, directly leading to the further marginalization of women and minorities, and was the catalyst for dividing our country irreparably, but what am I going to do? Vote for a Democrat???"

Then tell yourself that you're one of the good ones. So brave.

Disagree with the courts part, but yeah.  I appreciate that you’ve at least read my posts. 

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Disagree with the courts part, but yeah.  I appreciate that you’ve at least read my posts. 

Fine, just the Supreme Court for a generation. I guess that's better?

And I didn't even mention anything about insurrections and being anti-Democracy. But you got yours!

Edited by aggie08

fatty is not a single issue voter.  fatty is a conservative, and you'll never alight on a magical permutation of numbers and letters that are going to get him to vote for someone he thinks is liberal.  the best you might be able to do is get him to think that the current people running under the banner of 'conservative' are actually radicals themselves and so to not vote for them (and he says he's come to that conclusion). 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, elfenix said:

fatty is not a single issue voter.  fatty is a conservative, and you'll never alight on a magical permutation of numbers and letters that are going to get him to vote for someone he thinks is liberal.  the best you might be able to do is get him to think that the current people running under the banner of 'conservative' are actually radicals themselves and so to not vote for them (and he says he's come to that conclusion). 

Those people are called rubes

Just now, Hefeweizen said:

You have to sacrifice a few toddlers getting their brains splattered in a school so we can hunt deer, man.  What is so complicated about this?

it isn't even deer hunting.  it is cosplay pretending to be socom operators on people's deer leases in south texas and plinking.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, mchookem said:

"if your wife's a whore take her to a priest for an abortion" (Numbers 5:11-31)

Damn:

14 if the spirit of jealousy comes upon him and he becomes jealous of his wife, who has defiled herself; or if the spirit of jealousy comes upon him and he becomes jealous of his wife, although she has not defiled herself— 15 then the man shall bring his wife to the priest.

So all the dude needs is to be jealous and she suffers whether she did something or not?  Seems harsh.  

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Cool, cool. He should phrase it that way. Or hit on those (good and correct) points. But he didn’t. And he’s a well educated man. He actually said something very different.

And someone wanting to legislate to those effects should be knowledgeable, correct? Or are we ok with legislatures changing laws based on their falsehoods? Because I’m pretty sure I’ve been hearing a lot of bitching about correctly identifying conception. 

I want AR-15 and similar guns outlawed and banned for the reasons I stated. I think high capacity magazines need to go. I have a glock that holds I think 17 and a shotgun that holds 8 and those are more than enough for their intended purpose.  anything more than that is overkill (pun intended) and should be banned/outlawed.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, troph said:

I want AR-15 and similar guns outlawed and banned for the reasons I stated. I think high capacity magazines need to go. I have a glock that holds I think 17 and a shotgun that holds 8 and those are more than enough for their intended purpose.  anything more than that is overkill (pun intended) and should be banned/outlawed.

I understand your opinion.  We don't agree, and depending where it falls in our lives as "important", should guide what decisions we make based upon it.  It's a very simple concept in my mind.  What everyone who feels its an important subject should agree on is that the people advocating for its change in laws, should understand the basic principles of what they are discussing. 

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

The underlying goal was crystal clear. 

Fuck that guy, too.   See how simple that is. 

But who did you vote for? You seem to be saying that you can’t (for example) hold your nose for Beto In order to punish Abbott’s failures despite the political reality that will protect your assets, but you were able to hold your nose for Trump (IIRC, correct me if I’m wrong), who essentially took the same position, because of the same political reality. 
I again- I rarely vote FOR anybody. I almost exclusively vote to punish failure. You should give yourself the space to do the same. Your AR-15 will thank you for it. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

I understand your opinion.  We don't agree, and depending where it falls in our lives as "important", should guide what decisions we make based upon it.  It's a very simple concept in my mind.  What everyone who feels its an important subject should agree on is that the people advocating for its change in laws, should understand the basic principles of what they are discussing. 

this is exactly why you get railroaded. I LOVE guns, I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE shooting assault rifles the times I've had a chance.  But the epidemic of kids getting massacred is way more important.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

But who did you vote for? You seem to be saying that you can’t (for example) hold your nose for Beto In order to punish Abbott’s failures despite the political reality that will protect your assets, but you were and are able to hold your nose for Trump, who essentially took the same position, because of political reality. 
I again- I rarely vote FOR anybody. I almost exclusively vote to punish failure. You should give yourself the space to do the same. Your AR-15 will thank you for it. 

Wasn't in state to vote in '20, so no one. 

I'm going to hold you to the bolded after Beto wins (I've been calling that for months).  I'm preparing myself for the "he's facing 30 years of control, what can he do" posts now.  I will likely abstain from voting until new crops come in.  You know how you feel that the R's are actively TRYING to ruin the country.  I feel literally the same exact way about D's.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

I presume you enjoy the fact that your family's bank account is about $120 lighter each year for no reason, no actual product or service delivered, other than our GQP legislature proving how hard they can masturbate at the altar of gun worship, right?  You enjoy burning that $120 per year?  https://www.npr.org/2022/08/29/1119973904/texans-are-paying-for-states-ban-on-business-when-firms-stop-investing-in-firear

I mean, I know you have ZERO empathy for any other human beings, and the cruelty the GQP is inflicting on them, but maybe your own pocketbook might register with you?

DAVIES: Daniel Garrett of the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania studied the impact of Texas' anti-ESG laws on the state's municipal bond borrowing. He says the top five lenders left the Texas municipal bond market because they wouldn't support the manufacturing of AR-15-style weapons, the kind of gun used in the Uvalde school massacre.

GARRETT: The banks definitely think they're having an impact. They think these policies are worth leaving Texas over.

DAVIES: Garrett estimates the Texas laws have reduced competition and cost Texas taxpayers an extra 300- to $500 million so far this year in extra interest. Still, those firms are sticking with their ESG policies.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, troph said:

this is exactly why you get railroaded. I LOVE guns, I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE shooting assault rifles the times I've had a chance.  But the epidemic of kids getting massacred is way more important.

Santa Fe was a hunting shotgun, homie.  Va Tech was a .22 and 9mm.   Its the most popular tool out of 150 types of tools that do the (near) the same thing.   At some point you have to realize that when a certain model (AR15) makes up 10% of guns in the country, statistically, its going to be that way.   I wonder why there are more wrecks that F150's than Datusn pickups?

• Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I presume you enjoy the fact that your family's bank account is about $120 lighter each year for no reason, no actual product or service delivered, other than our GQP legislature proving how hard they can masturbate at the altar of gun worship, right?  You enjoy burning that $120 per year?  https://www.npr.org/2022/08/29/1119973904/texans-are-paying-for-states-ban-on-business-when-firms-stop-investing-in-firear

I mean, I know you have ZERO empathy for any other human beings, and the cruelty the GQP is inflicting on them, but maybe your own pocketbook might register with you?

Is that more or less than what I'm having to donate to the lazybones that couldn't find a way to pay back their debt?  

• Fuck You 8

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You know how you feel that the R's are actively TRYING to ruin the country.  I feel literally the same exact way about D's.  

By doing what, exactly? Be specific.

I don't even care about your selfish voting habits. I get it. We're all selfish at some level. But you're a father. There's no logical argument that the current GOP gives the slightest of shits about making the future better for our children. None. Because they don't. Shit, they practically campaign on the message that the present is all that matters. So you got yours, but what about your grandkids?

6 minutes ago, sidis said:

it isn't even deer hunting.  it is cosplay pretending to be socom operators on people's deer leases in south texas and plinking.

I understand the need but not the drive.  I have a bird feeder but wouldn't feel powerful sitting in the window plinking the doves below it, and squirrels and raccoons, because hey, the rest shouldn't be eating the free food.  It'd just be slaughter.  I eat cows but I don't call it hunting.  

14 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Santa Fe was a hunting shotgun, homie.  Va Tech was a .22 and 9mm.   Its the most popular tool out of 150 types of tools that do the (near) the same thing.   At some point you have to realize that when a certain model (AR15) makes up 10% of guns in the country, statistically, its going to be that way.   I wonder why there are more wrecks that F150's than Datusn pickups?

the tacticool psychology of a kitted out AR-15 in the mass shooter fantasy shouldn't be dismissed.  again, 300/charger analogy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Do you mean the multiple Trumpist congresscritters who didn't pay back 6-figure PPP loans?  Those lazybones?

And the Democrat legislators, as well.  Vote to shut down the economy, then vote themselves free money. Good gig if you can get it. 

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That you haven't figured out how hard you're being played still blows me away.  You gripe about the person you think is taking pennies from the "have a penny, leave a penny" cup while the people you look to as your saviors are siphoning hundos out of your wallet without pause, failing to deliver the basic services a functional government should perform, and demonizing the most vulnerable people and hurting them in order to earn points and stay in power.  "Pennywise and pound foolish" is a term tailor-made for you.

I know decently well who's siphoning hundos out the wallet, and what admins they correspond with.  I'm also able to see what the bank account does during those years.  It's pretty, pretty simple shit.  How if affects others could very well be another story.  You're more than welcome to vote to effect change with others. I encourage everyone to vote for what's best for them and theirs. But to think everyone has the same goals and lived experiences is foolish.  

• Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Wasn't in state to vote in '20, so no one. 

I'm going to hold you to the bolded after Beto wins (I've been calling that for months).  I'm preparing myself for the "he's facing 30 years of control, what can he do" posts now.  I will likely abstain from voting until new crops come in.  You know how you feel that the R's are actively TRYING to ruin the country.  I feel literally the same exact way about D's.  

You’d be able to knock me over with a feather if Beto finds a way to win this race. I don’t even like thinking about it, actually. 

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

That is undeniably true.  But Tavors are just as "tacticool".  SCARS. A few dozen (hundred?) others. 

i can also buy 2 ARs and a pallet of rounds for the cost of a tavor. 

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Vote to shut down the economy

there was no vote to shut down the economy.  the economy shut itself down.  government came in behind with some rules about reopening. 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

You’d be able to knock me over with a feather if Beto finds a way to win this race. I don’t even like thinking about it, actually. 

He will.  Trust me.  I know when shit like that, or aggy, is going to win.  It's a gift. 

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yet you very clearly don't vote for what's best for your "theirs." Just you.

The literal best thing you can leave is property and financial security.  

5 minutes ago, elfenix said:

OK. Now do $90 SKS and AK's that could be bought by the pallet for decades.  Or those flakey high capacity "tactical" shotgun pieces of shit. 

He’s not a conservative.

He’s a fascist.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Yes, and we know you'll be broke within a year under Democratic rule because you're apparently very, very shitty at your job with no discernible, transferable skills or something.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

That is undeniably true.  But Tavors are just as "tacticool".  SCARS. A few dozen (hundred?) others. 

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

This is extremely important - and also, there's not a huge variety of cheap, widely available aftermarket accessories available for the Tavor.  Hell, even the (vastly superior) quite common Mini-14 has a far smaller selection.
Serious criminals use Mini-14's and they are common in law enforcement and guerilla combat, but not many mass shootings by disordered personalities. The marketing ecosystem around them just doesn't support it.

As you say, there are lots of alternatives. Agree. So where are they? The AR-15 is unique. 

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

He will.  Trust me.  I know when shit like that, or aggy, is going to win.  It's a gift. 

OK. Now do $90 SKS and AK's that could be bought by the pallet for decades.  Or those flakey high capacity "tactical" shotgun pieces of shit. 

Welp, looks like I have some things to buy before they’re banned. 
gear up arnold schwarzenegger GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

well we can't outlaw all guns dude. but unless you tell me there are nearly no assault weapon or high capacity magazine massacres then your point is more hollow than my hollow point home defense ammo.

image.thumb.png.5076f9eb3f6404e9b78fb8557b2faba0.png

https://everytownresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2020/07/EFGV02_Assault-Weapons-and-High-Capacity-Magazines_Rd2_6-1.pdf

I would further add that red flag laws, universal background checks, raising minimum age to buy, cooling off periods along with out right bans on high capacity mags and assault weapons would put a nice dent in the death count and would not impede law abiding gun enthusiasts except in extreme cases.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1