Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

I saw 2.99 gas today for the first time in forever.  At what price do all the MAGAts start peeling off those gas pump Biden "I did that stickers" because it doesn't look bad any more? Should I invest in razorblades? 

Edited by Dutchrudder
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I saw 2.99 gas today for the first time in forever.  At what price do all the MAGAts start peeling off those gas pump Biden "I did that stickers" because it doesn't look bad any more? Should I invest in razorblades? 

Save your money. These people aren't known for their follow through or their ability to take in new information.

54 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Being stupid is like a badge of honor for MAGA folks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I am assuming that the Democrats believe the extra promotion of key initiatives like student debt cancellation and assault weapons bans right now will help with the midterms. This surprises me because I would have expected that more plain vanilla campaigning would win more of the undecided middle vote. 

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I am assuming that the Democrats believe the extra promotion of key initiatives like student debt cancellation and assault weapons bans right now will help with the midterms. This surprises me because I would have expected that more plain vanilla campaigning would win more of the undecided middle vote. 

Student debt cancellation is very popular and should get young people to the polls for the good guys. If they don’t come now, they never will. This is the first time since Obama let them stay on their parents health plans until 26 that they have been directly helped by a presidential administration.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Student debt cancellation is very popular and should get young people to the polls for the good guys. If they don’t come now, they never will. This is the first time since Obama let them stay on their parents health plans until 26 that they have been directly helped by a presidential administration.

He's going to need to do something big, newsworthy, and positive like this every month until the midterms. The modern American political collective has a memory worse than a goldfish.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

He's going to need to do something big, newsworthy, and positive like this every month until the midterms. The modern American political collective has a memory worse than a goldfish.

Insulin 

Gay marriage codification 

• Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

He should do things that don't need congressional approval, like a blanket pardon of nonviolent marijuana prisoners, or adopting Fetterman's plan to legalize marijuana.

Marijuana is an easy win.  It even wins on the ballot in places democrats can’t like South Dakota and Oklahoma.

1 minute ago, Gengs1 said:

At least remove it from a schedule 1 drug to a lower tier; he can do that pretty fast and then campaign on legalizing it country wide. Easy points 

He’ll do it in October so everyone can start working on an October Surprise strain 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

47 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He’ll do it in October so everyone can start working on an October Surprise strain 

If Biden keeps up with the theme of easy, popular wins then marijuana would happen. I’m still betting it doesn’t because Biden used to be a drug warrior. It’s hard to change those guys minds.

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:
AR 15 = SEC Speed.

Like most laymen, he got the details wrong but the message right.  The muzzle velocity of an AR-15 bullet is not 5X that of any other gun, not anywhere close.  It's the ballistics that kill, especially when it hits flesh.  

You know this, you just want to score a gotcha against a guy who is correct in that the AR-15 has superior lethality but got the reason wrong.  Good for you, Johnny.  You're really cllimbing that stairway to heaven now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon
23 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I'm going to buy some so that when gas is around $2.50 and the MAGAts start peeling them off I can go put them back on. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Brandywine said:

You know, this is a country where 80% of the people will always think the country is going in the wrong direction, no matter who's President.

I'd venture that at least half of those people think it's the wrong direction because of Trump and the GQP and Dems seeming inability to stop them.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

AR 15 = SEC Speed.

The 9mm handgun is generally regarded as an effective weapon; its bullet travels at 1,200 feet per second and delivers a kinetic energy of 400 foot pounds. By comparison, the standard AR-15 bullet travels at 3,251 feet per second and delivers 1300 foot pounds.

Tissue destruction of the AR-15 is further enhanced by cavitation, which is the destruction of tissue beyond the direct pathway of the bullet; this occurs with high velocity bullets because their kinetic energies are over 2,500 foot pounds.

To compare again, a typical 9mm handgun wound to the liver will produce a pathway of tissue destruction in the order of 1-2 inches. In comparison, an AR-15 round to the liver will literally pulverize it, much like dropping a watermelon onto concrete results in the destruction of the watermelon. Wounds like this, as one sees in school shootings like Sandy Hook and Parkland where AR-15s were used, have high fatality rates.

I guess it's more like 3x instead of 5x, so he's off by a little, but not enough to invalidate the message. It doesn't change the fact that nobody in their right mind would want to be shot with an AR instead of a handgun. The two are not on the same level, hence the push for an assualt weapons ban.

Do you see how part of the problem can be identified, targeted and reduced via policy? Do you honestly think we will have more or less mass shooting casualties if assault weapons are banned? Because the point is obvious, we have an epidemic of gun violence on this country, and nearly every awful mass shooting with double digit casualties is committed with an AR of some sort. It's too easy to obtain them, it's too damaging to let them fall into the wrong hands, and it's absolutely not necessary for anyone to protect themselves with an AR vs other guns out there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Like most laymen, he got the details wrong but the message right.  The muzzle velocity of an AR-15 bullet is not 5X that of any other gun, not anywhere close. 

It's literally not even 5x faster than the pellet gun I had at 7 years old (not even 4x the velocity, for that matter). 

We should definitely trust folks who can't get the absolute simplest things correct to make decisions on said issues.  Kinda reminds me of justices playing Dr, no?

50 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I guess it's more like 3x instead of 5x, so he's off by a little, but not enough to invalidate the message.

Did he say handgun, or any other gun?  Clip I saw says "any other gun" but I didn't look for entire speech; maybe he corrected himself.  It's not even particularly close to the fastest .22 chamberings, but doesn't matter.  Just add it to the list of chucklefuck shit this guy spews. The same guy that blames high gas prices on the operator at your neighborhood pump.