Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

release nonviolent offenders (commute sentences, pardons) from federal prison

release nonviolent detainees from federal immigration prisons

intelligent and competent response to hurricanes wherever they hit

forgive tax debts for victims of opioid crisis (buying votes in WV/PA/OH/KY)

bring Brittney Griner home

offer abortion services on federal lands

The fuck does Griner have to do with any of this shit? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

The fuck does Griner have to do with any of this shit? 

The question was things he thought were easily accomplished that would move the needle with the voting electorate. For some reason he thought Griner was worthy of a spot on the list. I guess he thinks people really care and are up in arms about it? I mean technically he could have put anything there, like "Make Bologna the national meat" if he thought people would care. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The question was things he thought were easily accomplished that would move the needle with the voting electorate. For some reason he thought Griner was worthy of a spot on the list. I guess he thinks people really care and are up in arms about it? I mean technically he could have put anything there, like "Make Bologna the national meat" if he thought people would care. 

It's basically the easiest thing he can do to look tough on Russia without any military ops

Just now, chainsaw said:

It's basically the easiest thing he can do to look tough on Russia without any military ops

I think we have vastly different ideas of what "being tough on russia" looks like. And Griner isn't making my list of top 100 things. 

Just so we're clear, the #1 thing that doesn't involve military troops would be to declare Russia a state sponsor or terrorism. And don't even bother attempting to claim anything else would even rival that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I think we have vastly different ideas of what "being tough on russia" looks like. And Griner isn't making my list of top 100 things. 

Just so we're clear, the #1 thing that doesn't involve military troops would be to declare Russia a state sponsor or terrorism. And don't even bother attempting to claim anything else would even rival that. 

That's the kind of unilateral provocation Trump would do without considering the consequences. You're looking to win media cycles here, and I think bringing her back is the easiest way to get a W against Russia.

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

That's the kind of unilateral provocation Trump would do without considering the consequences. You're looking to win media cycles here, and I think bringing her back is the easiest way to get a W against Russia.

Listen, you said the thing he could do to look tough that was non military. Naming them a terrorist state would unequivocally be that. Whether it's the best move or not is a different conversation.

That being said, I don't think Griner moves the needle. And if you want to win a media cycle, there's an outstanding chance that whatever he gives up to get get back will be important enough that it will be easy to say "Biden got taken to the cleaners by Putin again. He's old and has mush brain. We need a TOUGH Commander and Chief." I mean, that's what they'll say no matter what. Media wins today are fucked up. Nothing the people on Fox news see will be spun as a BIden win. The best case is to act, not  to win media cycles, but to make actual good decisions and hope enough people can see through the mist of media bullshit and social media. 

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

I don't see how that would make him look tough. I think it would be portsyed as acquiescence to Russia by trading an arms dealer for a D list celebrity who was making millions playing sports in a known anti-american country. I can't see it helping him, unless other Americans are involved and they get a 3-1 deal. If anything it would become another conservative talking point, as I kind of suspect was the origin of the intial outcry. Griner shouldn't be on anyone's political radar before 2023, there's no reason to try to make a deal that may result in an unforced error.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I don't see how that would make him look tough. I think it would be portsyed as acquiescence to Russia by trading an arms dealer for a D list celebrity who was making millions playing sports in a known anti-american country. I can't see it helping him, unless other Americans are involved and they get a 3-1 deal. If anything it would become another conservative talking point, as I kind of suspect was the origin of the intial outcry. Griner shouldn't be on anyone's political radar before 2023, there's no reason to try to make a deal that may result in an unforced error.

I think there's a way to get more bang for our buck. The right wing is going to spin the news no matter what. Most people only know that an american athlete is in Russian prison, and will only know that Biden got her out if he does.

22 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Maybe I missed the memo on these PPP loans, but are they not supposed to be tied to a business? Why is Matt Gaetz getting 500k in loans? Could I have also received several hundred thousand dollars in PPP loans just by asking?

Serious question.

appears so

I’m friends of a friend with this Aggy dork who runs a State Farm shop in Bryan. He pulls the same shit as the Congress critters above with some status on FB about being blue collar, hard working, paying his school loans, and then I posted his PPP loan that took 2 seconds to find. Not one person has acknowledged the irony and he responds back with how he is different and how he’s paid more in taxes, he’ll posts his taxes and blah blah about giving more in charitable contributions. It will never mean a thing to them except to bitch about Dems.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Looks like Dark Brandon is having a great affect on the party 

More More GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Keep exposing these phony ass Republican politicians for the hypocrites they are! Make them regret ever pushing the phrase "Let's go Brandon!"

Dark Brandon about to go scorched earth on their cheating, corrupt, racist, bigoted asses!

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Media wins today are fucked up.

policy wins in general are fucked up.  it used to be that policy was judged to be good because it made both sides happy.  now you can tell it's good because it makes both sides mad.  the right attacks everything biden does.  with progressives nothing is ever enough.  that's how you can tell it's a win.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I’m sure they’ll work on reducing it now that they know it’ll be forgiven/paid by the govt anytime the electorate feels like voting themselves some more free money. 

Like Republicans aren’t buying votes from folks. But R voters begrudge paying into the system that made their wealth possible, while bitching about the national debt. Which they inflate at every opportunity.

Negged.

We feel proud to pay for our kid’s education. And I am fine with the concept of absolving 10K of student debt, but prefer capping interest rates on education loans going forward. Fuck greedy bastards. Long live the Republic and the rule of Law.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Spelling is hard
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

29 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Unless I missed something, this is first I've noted that Biden has seriously gone on the offensive via social media. I really hope that this strategy will be effective, but at the same time, I wish it was employed as soon as he was inaugurated.

New hire, apparently 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

New hire, apparently 

I'm all for the storyline where a 25 year-old chic singlehandedly owns the Rs.

Her LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/megan-coyne-b6b65a7a?original_referer= (Like you suggested, she didn't waste any time hitting the ground running with her tactical boots).

CSB: I used to live in West Orange, NJ right at the border of Livingston, NJ.

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Conflating PPP with student loans is stupid, but there is no doubt that the messaging will work politically. 

Indeed.  One program was passed by Congress.  The other one (checks notes) was proposed by executive decree due to the (checks notes) continuing threat of the COVID-19 pandemic.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I'm all for the storyline where a 25 year-old chic singlehandedly owns the Rs.

Her LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/megan-coyne-b6b65a7a?original_referer= (Like you suggested, she didn't waste any time hitting the ground running with her tactical boots).

CSB: I used to live in West Orange, NJ right at the border of Livingston, NJ.

I spent several months working in Livingston while staying in West Orange. I hate New Jersey.

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Explain the difference 

Forgiveness was always part of the PPP program. It was essentially a grant program. Student loans were entered in to with the expectation by both the borrower and the lender that they would be paid back. Is this really something that is hard to track?  

I get the political messaging.  It will certainly work. As I stated up thread, we spend far more money on shit that is far more stupid and certainly less impactful to American's day to day lives. So great. But it doesn't change the fact that conflating these things is nonsense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Anastasis said:

Forgiveness was always part of the PPP program. It was essentially a grant program. Student loans were entered in to with the expectation by both the borrower and the lender that they would be paid back. Is this really something that is hard to track?  

I get the political messaging.  It will certainly work. As I stated up thread, we spend far more money on shit that is far more stupid and certainly less impactful to American's day to day lives. So great. But it doesn't change the fact that conflating these things is nonsense. 

I think you are being deliberately obtuse. Watch the twitter scroll I posted and see if you can suss out why I say that 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hammerin Hank said:

He’s upset because the “wrong” people get the money this time 

I much prefer that individual Americans benefit from the largesse of the Treasury. Its a pretty stark departure from the typical beneficiaries of bankers and bomb makers. If this is how we are going to run this shit show of a country, more of the former and less of the latter please.  

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Indeed.  One program was passed by Congress.  The other one (checks notes) was proposed by executive decree due to the (checks notes) continuing threat of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Oh now you’re against executive orders? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon