Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

7 hours ago, chainsaw said:

That's the kind of unilateral provocation Trump would do without considering the consequences. You're looking to win media cycles here, and I think bringing her back is the easiest way to get a W against Russia.

Moron basketball player for merchant of death.  Sounds like a W…just not for us.  

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

policy wins in general are fucked up.  it used to be that policy was judged to be good because it made both sides happy.  now you can tell it's good because it makes both sides mad.  the right attacks everything biden does.  with progressives nothing is ever enough.  that's how you can tell it's a win.

true .. at least E. Warren was championining it ... which I was glad to see 

16 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Schools are aware of the focus on tuition for awhile now, so they have been piling the increase on room/board/extras. Tuition isn't the biggest problem now.

Last time I looked at student housing costs (meaning UT) it was ridiculous.  Clearly adjusted to west campus apartment rates.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Forgiveness was always part of the PPP program. It was essentially a grant program. Student loans were entered in to with the expectation by both the borrower and the lender that they would be paid back. Is this really something that is hard to track?  

I get the political messaging.  It will certainly work. As I stated up thread, we spend far more money on shit that is far more stupid and certainly less impactful to American's day to day lives. So great. But it doesn't change the fact that conflating these things is nonsense. 

Nonetheless, it was a massive government giveaway that absolutely dwarfs the student loan giveaway, and it was a giveaway that tended to discriminate in favor of the already well to do who were experiencing no tangible hardship.

Disclosure, I got a 10k PPP loan.

2 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

SIAP

Megan Coyne is not taking hostages. She's going for the kill shot.

Michael Jackson Eating Popcorn GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Show's getting better by the tweet and I'm here for it all.

After the next election cycle Fetterman’s Twitter guru needs to team up w this account too.  He/she will 100% get one of these morons to drop the n bomb.  So many R Twitter users gonna be all ‘Hacked account!1!1!!!!’

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I’ll admit that I bought into some of the “debt relief may play right into the Republicans’ hands” fear mongering, but holy shit they very obviously are struggling with what the counter message needs to be.

Their reaction was very predictable. These people are constantly looking for their next “hate” fix. Now they can pretend to care about some Americans who are being “wronged” at the expense of other people. The GOP is all about dividing this country every chance they get.

Their reaction was very predictable. These people are constantly looking for their next “hate” fix. Now they can pretend to care about some Americans who are being “wronged” at the expense of other people. The GOP is all about dividing this country every chance they get.

Oh, 100%. But the fact that they’ve already pivoted to “loan forgiveness is fascism” and “won’t somebody think of the military?!?” makes it very apparent that it isn’t working.

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Oh, 100%. But the fact that they’ve already pivoted to “loan forgiveness is fascism” and “won’t somebody think of the military?!?” makes it very apparent that it isn’t working.

I support the military. I have a grandfather who liberated a concentration camp as a captain in the army and a cousin who spent many years in Afghanistan as an army ranger, but I think the guy in the tweet is full of shit. 

We just don’t have world war 2 style wars anymore. The military is bloated as it is. We don’t need a huge huge military it’s just crazy repubs trying to fearmonger as usual.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Forgiveness was always part of the PPP program. It was essentially a grant program. Student loans were entered in to with the expectation by both the borrower and the lender that they would be paid back. Is this really something that is hard to track?  

I get the political messaging.  It will certainly work. As I stated up thread, we spend far more money on shit that is far more stupid and certainly less impactful to American's day to day lives. So great. But it doesn't change the fact that conflating these things is nonsense. 

Debt and debt forgiveness by the state go hand in hand. Using history as a guide, one could argue that forgiveness was always part of the federal student loan program. 

11 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

SIAP

Megan Coyne is not taking hostages. She's going for the kill shot.

Michael Jackson Eating Popcorn GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Show's getting better by the tweet and I'm here for it all.

14 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

14 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

Looks like Dark Brandon is having a great affect on the party 

4 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This is nearly everything I want to see out of the Dems.  It's a good start. Attack these goons at every chance. Highlight their hypocrisy and their malicious attitudes. Name them specifically as the baddies. The American Taliban is the number one threat to our democracy. Tell the people why. Shine a light on them and ask for help from everyone else. Point, name and aggressively blitz.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Have your kids take out loans for school under their own LLC so the GOP will forgive them later and not demonize them.  Corporations > people 

That’s actually not far off from what I did. Had both kids take out loans they didn’t need, each of which is now forgiven. Nice to get some of the $100,000’s of dollars paid in back into my pocket!

Agree PPP isn't comparable to forgiving student loans.  But calling these guys out on PPP forgiveness is awesome and here is why -- none of those folks needed the loans and probably should be pantsed for taking them in the first place with an eye toward forgiveness (yeah, the dems, too Anastasis).  The requirement in PPP was that a borrower must certify that "Current economic uncertainty makes this loan request necessary to support the ongoing operations of the Applicant".   Now this is weird and vague, but my guess is that it didn't apply to most of these congressmen and they knew it, and they knew they wouldn't be audited by the SBA.  

So GOP congressmen, you want to politicize a drop in the bucket head nod of forgiveness that will make exactly zero people's lives worse?  Great.  But remember what we did for you.  We let you take out loans you shouldn't have even received and then forgave them.  You should have been audited, so STFU and get your shine box.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 8/25/2022 at 10:44 AM, David Dennison said:

What should actually be happening is a legislative push by Democrats to allow individuals to discharge student loan debt through bankruptcy.

I have yet to hear a legitimate reason for not doing this.  I haven’t even heard a bullshit talking point reason to be honest. 

9 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

After the next election cycle Fetterman’s Twitter guru needs to team up w this account too.  He/she will 100% get one of these morons to drop the n bomb.  So many R Twitter users gonna be all ‘Hacked account!1!1!!!!’

Everyone talks about Fetterman’s “social media team”.  I believe there’s a decent chance he’s such a badass that he is the social media team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Sorry to deviate from student loan relief.

Fuck these assholes, too. Project Veritas kneels before the god of lies and gives suck. 

Dear Diary,

You'll never believe what happened today. There I was with daddy in Kyiv and

9 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I’ll admit that I bought into some of the “debt relief may play right into the Republicans’ hands” fear mongering, but holy shit they very obviously are struggling with what the counter message needs to be.

What could the counter message possibly be when they are so obviously on the government tit to a much greater extent than the people benefiting from what they want to criticize?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Sawbonz said:

What could the counter message possibly be when they are so obviously on the government tit to a much greater extent than the people benefiting from what they want to criticize?

I keep thinking that one of these days Americans will realize that the rich wouldn't be rich without the government.

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon