Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I grew up w/ guns and hunting.  I've hunted deer, dove, duck, quail, etc.  I've had great times w/ family and friends, in the field. 

But, holy shit, I'll never get the gun fetish, though.  Why is it necessary to have an arsenal big enough for a platoon? So fucking weird.  So....pathetic.

So I've come to the conclusion that, literally, the only reason I can think of for this particular fetish, is a small penis.  

So, everytime I see/hear someone ranting about their rights to have unfettered access for all..young, old, mentally disturbed,...basically anyone white: all I hear is:

So we get to live in a gun saturated society b/c a bunch of needle-dicked, insecure pussies can't come to terms w/ their winkies. 

I am the same, grew up hunting, and never saw a use for, and never had dreams of owning an assault rifle.  I think the general view of people that don't want gun control is that "if you give the government an inch, they will take a mile" so don't give them anything...That is not how I think.  

As far as school shootings, if parents were doing their jobs then these kids, most of them, would not have access to the guns unsupervised.  I keep all of my guns in a safe, and the key is hidden away.  My kids know the only time the guns come out of the safe is when we are going to target shoot or hunting.  Otherwise, they don't leave the safe. It was the same with my parents.  

However, since we live in the world we live in and there are irresponsible people in the world, I do believe we need better gun control laws, I just want the laws to be reasonable unlike some red flag laws I've heard of where a neighbor or a mad ex or whoever can say you threatened them somehow and then you have your guns taken away until you prove otherwise.  I think laws like that are unreasonable.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

I am the same, grew up hunting, and never saw a use for, and never had dreams of owning an assault rifle.  I think the general view of people that don't want gun control is that "if you give the government an inch, they will take a mile" so don't give them anything...That is not how I think.  

As far as school shootings, if parents were doing their jobs then these kids, most of them, would not have access to the guns unsupervised.  I keep all of my guns in a safe, and the key is hidden away.  My kids know the only time the guns come out of the safe is when we are going to target shoot or hunting.  Otherwise, they don't leave the safe. It was the same with my parents.  

However, since we live in the world we live in and there are irresponsible people in the world, I do believe we need better gun control laws, I just want the laws to be reasonable unlike some red flag laws I've heard of where a neighbor or a mad ex or whoever can say you threatened them somehow and then you have your guns taken away until you prove otherwise.  I think laws like that are unreasonable.

The Office Jim GIF

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Except all the vids of him literally sniffing children’s hair.  I bet the next time someone slaps your hand away from their grandchild will be the first.  Not something 2 scoops can say. 

In all seriousness, I really wonder if some of y’all ever experienced the normal affection kids get in loving families.  

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

In all seriousness, I really wonder if some of y’all ever experienced the normal affection kids get in loving families.  

Most of us no, let’s be honest. Broken brained assholes don’t just show up out of no where for no reason.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

In my experience people who sexualize this kind of thing were either deprived of love and human contact as children or experienced inappropriate sexual attention from family members. 

Every accusation a confession, etc 

• Hook 'Em 1

I am trying to understand the logic behind Biden’s speech last night.  Of course everything he said was true, but it seems to me the speech will do more to rally Trumpists than unite the rest of the country.  Unless he has intel that Trumpists are planning to even more aggressively subvert the November elections or engage in open civil war, it doesn’t make sense.  The Dems have all them momentum, so it’s really unlikely to be politically expedient.  And if he does have information that we are heading toward civil war, those details should have been released prior to or during the speech.

Edited by Snake Diggity

1 minute ago, Snake Diggity said:

I am trying to understand the logic behind Biden’s speech last night.  Of course everything he said was true, but it seems to me the speech will do more to rally Trumpists than unite the rest of the country.  Unless he has intel that Trumpists are planning to even more aggressively subvert the November elections or engage in open civil war, it doesn’t make sense.  The Dems have all them momentum, so it’s really unlikely to be politically expedient.  

Highlight the crazies and point them out. I think the point was to make the independent voters question the republicans or make republicans Stay home, the gqp crazies will vote 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Brew said:

I find this interesting every time you throw it out. To one of those 15 you are literally saying that your ability to have a specific type of gun (not even guns in general) is more important to you than the ability of her to live the same life you do. It’s kind of fascinating where your line is and that you don’t see that.

I’m also not condemning you in any way. I (and a few others here I’m sure) were similar when I was younger, but the school shootings, the 2015/2016 election cycle, lots of other eye opening things made me realize that the greater good was more important than guns, taxes, etc. Mine didn’t matter if the country crumbled around me. There are plenty of D policies I don’t agree with including the way student loan forgiveness was handled, but the greater good outweighs everything individually and every f-Ing person in the US should have the same rights I do to marriage, seeing their significant other in the hospital, raising their kids in peace, etc

Man, it would be nice if guys like you could start a new party to replace the one that deceived much of their membership into defending an insurrection that they witnessed on TV.

I won't spike the ball if you vote the way I do. Hell, I hold my nose to vote Dem myself. I'll hand the ball to you, even if we don't see eye to eye on policy. Start a party that argues for small government and care about spending while maintaining some level of compassion, and I'll cross over from time to time myself.

It's pro-republic versus anti-republic right now. It's the single issue. For a while, votes in elections can be boiled down to a referendum on this choice. 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Highlight the crazies and point them out. I think the point was to make the independent voters question the republicans or make republicans Stay home, the gqp crazies will vote 

This. Biden is drawing a direct parallel. These new republicans running for office? Nothing sane or moderate about them. It’s a choice in November - democracy or fascism. If they get power again, they will never let go or allow a free and fair election in this country again 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Colt 45 velocity. 725 ft/s
AR15 velocity. 3300 ft/s

3300/725 = 4.55x

Doctors explained that, traditionally, injuries from handguns leave clean entry and exit wounds or just become lodged in the skin and, because they are traveling at a low velocity, do not cause life-threatening bleeding unless a major organ or artery is hit.

But bullets from AR-15s exit the barrel at three times the speed that handgun bullets exit the barrel. This means that when AR-15 bullets hit the skin, they often leave huge entry and exit wounds that are not clean.

"When a high-velocity firearm enters a body, it basically creates a wave and a blast," Dr. Lillian Liao, a pediatric trauma surgeon at University Hospital in San Antonio -- treating four patients from the Uvalde shooting -- told "Nightline." "So it looks like a body part got blown up ... A handgun may create one small hole, whereas a high-velocity firearm will create a giant hole in the body that is with missing tissue."

https://abc7chicago.com/texas-school-shooting-uvalde-tx-victims-assault-rifle/11898038/

I definitely agree it’s not 5x speed. Gun regulation proponents really should just sit down and be quiet. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I am trying to understand the logic behind Biden’s speech last night.  Of course everything he said was true, but it seems to me the speech will do more to rally Trumpists than unite the rest of the country.  Unless he has intel that Trumpists are planning to even more aggressively subvert the November elections or engage in open civil war, it doesn’t make sense.  The Dems have all them momentum, so it’s really unlikely to be politically expedient.  And if he does have information that we are heading toward civil war, those details should have been released prior to or during the speech.

The logic is such that the march towards authoritarianism needed little fuel around which to rally and therefore providing a clearer stance regarding the stakes here was an early salvo. I mean, did you not think that the cry from the Murdoch owned propaganda machines of the NY Post and its companion Fox were just going to sit back over the next two months and say, "Oh, our bad, Viktor Orban and the GOP have nothing in common?" or "You know, immigration is a great way to shore up our labor supply?" That the repetitive hate that has been thrumming in their ears from talk radio, internet chat forums, television, YouTube, targeted social media, and other bubbles had not already cemented the MAGA tribe's aggressive devotion to their cause?

Some people still need a wake-up call and if it pissed off some of the folks whose sole interest is in a fascist cult of oppression and violence towards anyone they deem unfit and unworthy then as you stated, there may have been some national security intelligence afoot or as @Gengs1 and @CooterBrown stated was perhaps a calculated gamble that rational minds may be looking for an exit from the fashy platform.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

There have been good responses already. I'll try to avoid repeating those good points.

I think your wrong about Dem momentum. The hate engine is chewing away at confidence in Brandon Biden, and Trump is rabble-rousing at every turn with prominent GOP defenders backing his play. The GQP thrives on negative emotion.

Biden drags the political discussions into the light of the larger conflict over the future of the republic. He accepts and faces the paradigm shift. He's trying to lead Americans out of the stadium of politics into the world of the greater conflict outside. I was moved watching the speech.

I was also a little heartbroken. Analyst for NBC noted that she agreed with the entire speech except that Biden's view of Americans is dated and likely not accurate. She wonders to what degree he will reach today's Americans. I sadly wonder the same thing.

However, that's not a failing in the speech or the speaker. You do your best in a moment and hope for the best. I apply this to you finding the downside of the speech where the MagaRepublicans will be further vigorated in their vitiation. There's always a downside. There is no perfect act.

One of the failings of TV journalism is taking a decision from the real world and trying to discuss simplistically in terms of good or bad. For instance, stay in Afghanistan and we're wasting blood and treasure for nothing/leave Afghanistan and there will be and is chaos. Yes, bad things will happen no matter what you do; why not accept that and weigh relative value instead of good vs bad?

Biden broke the sound barrier on calling a shitstorm a shitstorm. It's the best hope of waking Americans to the unpleasant fact that they may very well be in a violent conflict with an actual internal enemy. The MagaRepublicans have already, ironically, arrived at that conclusion.

We can't whistle past that battlefield any longer if we want a republic.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This. Biden is drawing a direct parallel. These new republicans running for office? Nothing sane or moderate about them. It’s a choice in November - democracy or fascism. If they get power again, they will never let go or allow a free and fair election in this country again 

Exactly.  As I said above, Hilary backtracked/avoided the "deplorable" comment at the time after she said it.  Sure, she has doubled down since she lost, but had she been more aggressive at the time, particularly in those 3 or 4 states she presumed she'd win and ignored, who knows?  We need to stop tip-toeing around the fact that MAGA Republicans (I love it as a new pejorative that will hopefully stay historically accurate - MAGA sounds derogatory when you say it) aren't good for this country.  The Dems don't need to win them over anymore and they should stop trying.  They need to convince the rest of the party that don't vote/hold nose and vote Trump/write in/vote libertarian that they should think like Cheney and Kinzinger and put team aside for now to flush MAGA out of power or into Larouche-land where they belong.

Let Trump make the "I guess he doesn't want to MAGA, so why should he president?" comments.  It's pedantic and as stupid as his claim that he didn't leave the top secret docs on the floor.  The only people buying that are the ones that are already devoted to him.  

• Like 1

I saw the speech as Joe providing some food for the base, and doing a bit of venting.  I'd like to see him pivot now to just getting some shit done and pretty much ignoring Trump and letting the individual Dem candidates running this cycle use Trump and Trump's idiocy as they see fit, depending on their districts. 

Yeah, I would have liked a couple of sentences along the lines of "Republicans who aren't wall eyed morons and possess some critical thinking skills are good for democracy, sort of" but no speech is perfect.

3 minutes ago, Brew said:

I think the majority of people fall in the middle, I would think more liberal socially and more conservative financially. All of that has been blown up in the last few years and we’ve handed the microphone to the crazies. I’m not sure how you reel it back in, but I’m going to align myself with the group that is trying to create a better country not tear it down.

I should have added, having two girls changed my political views more than anything. I don’t feel good about what’s going to be left for them, so I if I have to pay more taxes, lose a few guns, etc to get there then so be it.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

315k jobs added

UE ticked up to 3.7% as more people entered the workforce

Jobs up 240k from the month before the pandemic started 

Wages up 0.3%

Atlanta Fed predicts +2.6% GDP for Q3

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Bruh. Biden has done a shitload. He and his administration can walk and chew gum

He also ticked off all the accomplishments last night and they’ll be on the road this month 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Exactly.  As I said above, Hilary backtracked/avoided the "deplorable" comment at the time after she said it.  Sure, she has doubled down since she lost, but had she been more aggressive at the time, particularly in those 3 or 4 states she presumed she'd win and ignored, who knows?  We need to stop tip-toeing around the fact that MAGA Republicans (I love it as a new pejorative that will hopefully stay historically accurate - MAGA sounds derogatory when you say it) aren't good for this country.  The Dems don't need to win them over anymore and they should stop trying.  They need to convince the rest of the party that don't vote/hold nose and vote Trump/write in/vote libertarian that they should think like Cheney and Kinzinger and put team aside for now to flush MAGA out of power or into Larouche-land where they belong.

Let Trump make the "I guess he doesn't want to MAGA, so why should he president?" comments.  It's pedantic and as stupid as his claim that he didn't leave the top secret docs on the floor.  The only people buying that are the ones that are already devoted to him.  

She should have been talking about them daily and pointing to all of the events they did, fuck the “fuck their feelings” crowd and go after them, they will just cry more, show what they really are 

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Bruh. Biden has done a shitload. He and his administration can walk and chew gum

Bruh, just because you got shit done before doesn't mean you can't get more shit done.  The Biden actually gets things done message has started quietly but is going to go up as we near the elections, so it would help for him to have a couple of other wins to keep the message going.

Edited by The Original Greaser Bob
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

315k jobs added

UE ticked up to 3.7% as more people entered the workforce

Jobs up 240k from the month before the pandemic started 

Wages up 0.3%

Atlanta Fed predicts +2.6% GDP for Q3

He also ticked off all the accomplishments last night and they’ll be on the road this month 

A positive GDP of any kind will blunt the MAGA driven “recession” talk. Dems definitely need it to be positive and not negative for a 3rd time in a row. What was the Atlanta fee prediction for Q2 and how close was it?