Cowboys vs Cardinals: Week 17

Vic Mackey

BTW. The refs DID cost them this game.

Yes the cowboys contributed and fucked themselves over even leaving it in their hands. Some legit penalties. Dak wasn’t great. Defense sucked.

Call that fumble. Call that delay of game. And this is different.
How convenient how Daks fumble was called correctly when his was very close. But when Zona does, the ref is emphatic that he's down. Neat
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

Stupid AF not to review all turnovers.

We're the NFL.  People love that shit...

They do review all turnovers

That was called on the field NOT a turnover. They only review those sometimes. Not this time, wink wink.

• Like 1

Super bowl teams and super bowl coaches don't make these kinds of mistakes. 

Huh? Yes they do. Belicheck made a stupid timeout decision just a couple weeks ago that cost them the game. McVay makes dumb decisions every game. Sean Peyton does too.

NONE of these head coaches know what the fuck they’re doing in those situations. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

And I’m not excusing Mike in anyway way, he’s definitely is as bad or worse than any of them.

But the myth that any Head Coach is always good with timeouts and handling the clock is hat that. A myth.

All these guys needs someone in the booth or on the sideline I’m their ear telling them when to call these and when to go for it and when not to. Would help these guys out.

Why didn't we have a timeout left? Oh yeah, because Kliff pantsed Mike in the 3rd quarter on that 4th down play

To be fair…what the fuck were they going to do there? I’m pretty sure that’s something they’ve never seen and the cardinals don’t do.

There were 2 WRs completely I uncovered. If they don’t call it it’s a walk in TD.

Not sure what the answer is, but I bet every coach calls a timeout there. Not just Mike.

I guess they could have just left the regular defense out there for a FG try.

We will see this exact game played out again in the 1st round of the playoffs. Stupid penalties, idiotic coaching decisions, and a close loss. Nothing will ever change as long as the Jones family owns the team. Every season we are assured of 4 wins and 4 losses. The other 8/9 will be either 2 games over .500, or 2 games under. When we're over we make the playoffs, go one and done and get a bottom tier draft pick. When we're under we don't, get a better draft pick, but nothing else changes.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

This game was frustrating on so many levels. First the cowboys played slow, shitty, and like garbage. Second the refs fucked us all day. Third I fucking hate Kyler Murray so much.

That shit was a fumble, how the nfl can leave that wrong is beyond me. Mike McCarthy is shit for time management at the end of games.

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

To be fair…what the fuck were they going to do there? I’m pretty sure that’s something they’ve never seen and the cardinals don’t do.

There were 2 WRs completely I uncovered. If they don’t call it it’s a walk in TD.

Not sure what the answer is, but I bet every coach calls a timeout there. Not just Mike.

If Kyler and the kicker are on the field, they obviously not going to kick the FG. And if they do hurry back in kick formation, then no biggie, let them do it. How did we meltdown that much on that play where Arizona had zero intent on going for it? All they were looking for is an offsides or what they got, a timeout. We were unprepared as usual and fall for some amateur Texas Tech type bullshit. That should not happen to an NFL coached team. 

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Unless the rams fuck it up, it’s pretty much a lock that we will get a rematch with the cardinals in 2 weeks. That’s a first round L if I’ve ever seen one. 

We will kick their ass tbh. This was a fluke. After that, we probably get jettisoned by whoever we play. But we aint getting beat by this shit ass team. We are better than them and coach Bro. 

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

We will kick their ass tbh. This was a fluke. After that, we probably get jettisoned by whoever we play. But we aint getting beat by this shit ass team. We are better than them and coach Bro. 

I don’t know if you’ve heard, but midget is undefeated at AT&T stadium. It’s inevitable. The game will probably go the exact same way, to be honest. Except they’ll have some of their defensive starters back. 

4 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I don’t know if you’ve heard, but midget is undefeated at AT&T stadium. It’s inevitable. The game will probably go the exact same way, to be honest. Except they’ll have some of their defensive starters back. 

Plus Hopkins and Conner on offense. 

And if JJ Watt is back he will draw some legitimate holds, too. 

Someone shoot me. This season is so over. 

1 hour ago, Drew said:

What they were doing is exactly what was intended which was to put stress on a poorly coached team in order to either catch them with the wrong personnel package on the field, or misaligned to manufacture points OR to make the other team call a timeout thereby taking a strategic advantage later in the game.  They were up in the game and it was the 2nd half, so making the opponent waste a timeout is smart.

C'mon.  McCarthy is bumbling moron which it comes to game day management.  This isn't a new or temporary trait, It was his rep in Green Bay too.  He consistently is bamboozled with clock management, timeout usage, field position decisions and general usage of how to put his team in the best position to win.  He does other things well, but on game day he turns into Ned Stark trying to manage the 7 Kingdoms.  

Additionally, we are the most penalized team in the NFL with the most yardage.  We have major issues with execution and that typically, not always, is a coaching issue.

31 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Shocking how bad this offensive line was considering these were all the guys who were supposed to start the year. Unless they get on a hot streak in 2 weeks they're too inconsistent as a team to win 3 straight against the best teams and get in the SB

Collins wasn't good today or at least in the first half.  Tyron was definitely rusty especially early.  I've been banging the drum on how we have an edge issue with our TE blocking which is maybe the worst in the league.  Our WRs are just okay blockers.  We also have 2 RBs who are running with one leg/foot.

Gallup ACL confirmed.  Sucks.  He's probably PUP material next year.  

Edited by Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, UTGrad98 said:

Calling delay of game is like calling a travel in the NBA. Neither will ever happen unless it is egregious. And even then it's a coin flip.

I remember my first BB team, learning the fundamentals. 1 step meant one step, and they'd call that shit every time, sometimes even when all you took was one step...  

I actually watched my first NBA game that year...  WOW...  Wasn't that like 17 steps dude just took? Is this some rule I've never heard of? If you don't dribble, you can just run the ball like a football?!?...  Didn't work.  

3 hours ago, UTGrad98 said:

Calling delay of game is like calling a travel in the NBA. Neither will ever happen unless it is egregious. And even then it's a coin flip.

This is true; however, it's situational.  In the normal course of a game, it's definitely a coin flip.  At the end of a game in which one team is desperate to get the ball back, and everyone is watching the clock, it's inexcusable to "miss" the call.  

To add, not stopping the clock on the previous sideline play was a much worse call.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
  • Like 1