Fight breaks out at 2A Texas basketball game- player and fans

https://www.texomashomepage.com/news/local-news/fight-breaks-out-at-petrolia-basketball-game/

If somebody could post with the video embedded, it would be greatly appreciated.

PETROLIA (KFDX/KJTL) — Authorities in Clay County are trying to piece together what happened at the high school basketball game Friday night between Seymour and Petrolia.

The footage was shot in Petrolia Friday night. The video was sent to our newsroom shortly before 10 p.m., Friday, Feb. 11.

The video appears to show a player having words with someone in the stands. Then, you see another spectator charge out of the stands throwing punches as many others got involved.

We received an unconfirmed report from a witness who said one student had to get stitches, and an adult was arrested.

We were also told a Seymour student was arrested and released to his parents.

This is an ongoing investigation. Stick with Texoma’s Homepage as we learn more.

1 hour ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Yeah- the dude in grey that comes out of the stands and sucker punches him from behind looks like a 40 or 50 year old bald guy.

He didn’t look quite that old imo, but definitely was way too old to be fighting teens. Big blow to his pride I’m sure as he got overtaken and ended up on the ground at the end. 

43 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Imagine being such a miserable person you decide to fight a high school kid.

That’s exactly what I felt.  Unless they hit me first or directly threatened my family, there’s no fucking way.  No matter how dumb the high schooler might be, you have to be the adult there.

We are making a real strong push in 2022 to overtake Florida in being more Florida.

Only thing missing was the old dude taking off his Oakleys before the fight started.  Guessing it was a night game and they're out in his truck.  

32 minutes ago, elfenix said:

i'm told officiating high school basketball is the worst because of all the "adults" in the stands who can't control themselves

Try doing AAU games.  There’s a little more “formality” at the actual high school games.  HS games are like the prom, AAU games are the after-party.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Lobo said:

We are making a real strong push in 2022 to overtake Florida in being more Florida.

Only thing missing was the old dude taking off his Oakleys before the fight started.  Guessing it was a night game and they're out in his truck.  

If we’ve passed Florida, it’s not to take the lead but rather to get a lap back. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, slorch said:

That’s exactly what I felt.  Unless they hit me first or directly threatened my family, there’s no fucking way.  No matter how dumb the high schooler might be, you have to be the adult there.

Telling anyone on surly to be the adult.

You A Funny Guy Man GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by Superhero
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Superhero said:

All things considered, pretty spry for a 67 year-old white guy living in North Texas / South Oklahoma.

True, in terms of physiology.  But those types of white "people" live for that shit.  They just sit in their trailers, paid for by government checks, decrying people on government assistance, foaming at the mouth about how the kids today don't respect traditional American values.  Just getting rage coursing through their veins, then they get out in public.  And just wait to be triggered.  

20 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

If gray shirt dude is 67 then he's pretty bad ass for that age.  Sure he sucker punched the kid, but he got off his first two punches pretty quick for an old fart.

He is probably the guy in the black who the high school dude was yelling at.

14 hours ago, Deej said:

This happened on year when we played Travis. Of course nobody had a phone to record it. The second time we played them, it was in a locked gym with just the teams, refs, and scorekeeper.

As a Travis 80’s alumni I hope you got your ass beat, we were the real South Austin (not the Mom) and all, not like those pussies from Crockett.  Al likes to think we were the original fuck around and find out crew. 

17 hours ago, Lobo said:

True, in terms of physiology.  But those types of white "people" live for that shit.  They just sit in their trailers, paid for by government checks, decrying people on government assistance, foaming at the mouth about how the kids today don't respect traditional American values.  Just getting rage coursing through their veins, then they get out in public.  And just wait to be triggered.  

I did not know that you at so adept at diagnosing a person’s psychological make up, financial and social status along with their world view by watching a 45 second YouTube video. 

Color me impressed.  

• Hook 'Em 2