Star Wars - Ahsoka

UT_OB1

6 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Ahsoka will go down as the most flushed out character in the entire SW universe.

*record screech*

Catching up and following the conversation was going so well (aside from Cooter's Contrarianism).

Think about this:

Flushed out is what you do with your shit.

Fleshed out is when you add meat to the bone.

Please, don't confuse the two. I used to work with a guy who couldn't ever keep that straight. Don't be that guy.

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Tell us you've never been dropped off at a mall in the 80s with $20 for most of the day while your parents were at a fishbowl party, without telling us you've never been dropped off at a mall in the 80s with $20 for most of the day while your parents were at a fishbowl party.

Y'all must've been rich. I made $5 mowing the front and $5 mowing the back each week in junior high, and my friends thought that made me rich.

Edit: Loved the episode, by the way.

Edited by bolverk

Question about last week's episode. I assume Baylon is some kind of Sith lord and No-Blinks is his Sith apprentice. Was the Inquisitor that Ahsoka killed supposed to be a better fighter than Baylon's apprentice? I assumed a Sith apprentice would receive a higher level of training than an Inquisitor.

10 hours ago, F250 said:

Question about last week's episode. I assume Baylon is some kind of Sith lord and No-Blinks is his Sith apprentice. Was the Inquisitor that Ahsoka killed supposed to be a better fighter than Baylon's apprentice? I assumed a Sith apprentice would receive a higher level of training than an Inquisitor.

8 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I don't think he's a Sith.

Subtle hints. Light saber is orange, not Sith red.

The Inquisitor killed by Ahsoka was a ghost of a dead Sith Inquisitor or Jedi created by Morgan Elsbeth since she's a Nightsister. So it's not a true Sith Inquisitor.

• Hook 'Em 2

Anakin kept asking Ahsoka does she want to live or die throughout the WBW training. The video below points out that the first episode about an enfant Ahsoka in the newer animated series "Tales of the Jedi" was titled "Life and Death". Tales of the Jedi is another Filoni series.

edit:

Looks like Tales of the Jedi tie in directly to this episode. The characters of the show are about Ashoka's lineage of Jedi Masters. Also episode 5 "Practice Makes Perfect" is about Anakin training her to defend against a large group of clone troopers, the same training she used to escape Order 66.

I haven't watched this series but I guess I need to. Damn Filoni, you deep.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Looks like Tales of the Jedi tie in directly to this episode. The characters of the show are about Ashoka's lineage of Jedi Masters. Also episode 5 "Practice Makes Perfect" is about Anakin training her to defend against a large group of clone troopers, the same training she used to escape Order 66.

I haven't watched this series but I guess I need to. Damn Filoni, you deep.

Tales of the Jedi fuckin SLAPS, man. You see Master Dooku and his young padawan Qui Gonn doing their thing during the waning golden years of the republic

And yeah you also get a bunch more of Ahsoka's backstory, from baby years to after Order 66

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, YChang said:

Loving this series so much. I get it's not the gritty realism of Andor that greatly appealed to some and this leans back more heavily into the space wizard spectrum of SW. But, man is it good. Bless Filoni and his creative staff. 

I like that we can have both though. It appeals to different audiences. A more adult/human/non-Jedi story of the Rebellion in Andor. The fantasy Jedi/space whales/WBW in Ahsoka.  It also can be pretty brutal for a continuation of Rebels. 

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, YChang said:

Loving this series so much. I get it's not the gritty realism of Andor that greatly appealed to some and this leans back more heavily into the space wizard spectrum of SW. But, man is it good. Bless Filoni and his creative staff. 

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I like that we can have both though. It appeals to different audiences. A more adult/human/non-Jedi story of the Rebellion in Andor. The fantasy Jedi/space whales/WBW in Ahsoka.  It also can be pretty brutal for a continuation of Rebels. 

Gilroy didn't and probably still doesn't know much about the SW universe. I read/saw that the Easter Eggs in the different Andor episodes were put in by Filoni. Gilroy made a great series that just happens to be in the SWs universe.

Filoni is an admitted SW geek. He loves the lore and lives to expand the lore. He is taking SW beyond Lucas' vision for SW. 

Andor is a great series with amazing writing and acting, it's a plus that it happens to be about SWs. Filoni's works are unapologetically SW geekdom.

• Hook 'Em 2

Andor and things like Ahsoka are a good juxtaposition to show that you need both the exceptional and the common to defeat evil.   

It's like if they made a movie about some Captain in Patton's army. It would feel very different than Patton but both had a role to play in defeating evil despite their very different stories 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Tales of the Jedi fuckin SLAPS, man. You see Master Dooku and his young padawan Qui Gonn doing their thing during the waning golden years of the republic

And yeah you also get a bunch more of Ahsoka's backstory, from baby years to after Order 66

I almost feel that Filoni's treatment of Dooku, especially in Tales of the Jedi, is similar to Anakin's treatment in CWs. 

They are both so much better in the Filoni-verse than portrayed in the prequels. Writing, voice acting, everything. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Subtle hints. Light saber is orange, not Sith red.
The Inquisitor killed by Ahsoka was a ghost of a dead Sith Inquisitor or Jedi created by Morgan Elsbeth since she's a Nightsister. So it's not a true Sith Inquisitor.

Right, I thought they leaned pretty heavy into letting the SW geekdom know that aha that isn’t an inquisitor but a nightsister zombie spell, we’ve seen them with Daka in the CW and Merrin in Jedi:Fallen Order

correct, they're not sith, just former jedi turned amoral mercenaries. The interesting thing is that Baylon knew about Anakin being Darth Vader

Agreed he doesn’t fit the Sith way, he is more a fallen Jedi turned merc that actually sounds like he despises a anakin/Vader…
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Speedtrucker said:

Right, I thought they leaned pretty heavy into letting the SW geekdom know that aha that isn’t an inquisitor but a nightsister zombie spell, we’ve seen them with Daka in the CW and Merrin in Jedi:Fallen Order

Agreed he doesn’t fit the Sith way, he is more a fallen Jedi turned merc that actually sounds like he despises a anakin/Vader…

interestingly, I've thought that they really made Elsbeth look and dress a lot like Merrin in this series. I'm not sure they had yet decided she was a nightsister in the Mandalorian episode.

5 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Andor and things like Ahsoka are a good juxtaposition to show that you need both the exceptional and the common to defeat evil.   

It's like if they made a movie about some Captain in Patton's army. It would feel very different than Patton but both had a role to play in defeating evil despite their very different stories 

Yep and I love that we can get a “gritty down in the mud” and morally gray Star Wars like what’s in Andor and then we can get something that dives deep into the nerdy Force lore like Ashoka or even something that is a nice combo of the two in Mando (for the most part at least).

• Like 1

Good not great episode 5. I imagine they put it in theaters  for live action Clone War scenes.

Young Snips is a better actress than Rosario Dawson. Sure enough, I looked her up and she was in Endgame and Barbie. Nice little career at 16. 

I like Hayden’s redemption arc. I think it was the shit writing and not shit acting that doomed him. Hopefully he bounces back in something else. The guy stayed ready while Fett was hitting Golden Corral daily. 

So Thrawn in episode 6? I’d have some questions if I were on the Disney board. Timothy Zahn has to cursing under his breath.

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Good not great episode 5. I imagine they put it in theaters  for live action Clone War scenes.

Young Snips is a better actress than Rosario Dawson. Sure enough, I looked her up and she was in Endgame and Barbie. Nice little career at 16. 

I like Hayden’s redemption arc. I think it was the shit writing and not shit acting that doomed him. Hopefully he bounces back in something else. The guy stayed ready while Fett was hitting Golden Corral daily. 

So Thrawn in episode 6? I’d have some questions if I were on the Disney board. Timothy Zahn has to cursing under his breath.

You could start a Star Wars YouTube channel with these scorching hot takes.

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2023 at 4:11 PM, Viper said:

Are they doing a season 2 or the movie first? 

I don't think this is known yet.

I don't think we even know if/when Mando Season 4 will happen. Best I can find is that Faverau says it's written, but it's not in production yet so seems like it would be out in early 2025 at the earliest, depending on how much longer the strike lasts.  

Then *maybe* Ashoka Season 2 after that then the Filoni-verse movie?  The strike is really clouding up the picture of when things may happen... it may (probably?) will end up resulting in things getting cancelled and/or moved around.

4 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I don't think this is known yet.

I don't think we even know if/when Mando Season 4 will happen. Best I can find is that Faverau says it's written, but it's not in production yet so seems like it would be out in early 2025 at the earliest, depending on how much longer the strike lasts.  

Then *maybe* Ashoka Season 2 after that then the Filoni-verse movie?  The strike is really clouding up the picture of when things may happen... it may (probably?) will end up resulting in things getting cancelled and/or moved around.

The Taika Waititi SW movie has already been canned so yeah 

Man there are gonna be some LIT cosplays with the new ThrawnTrooper aesthetic. A bit of a bridge episode but I am really excited for the 3rd act of the season to kick into gear. 

My nerdy ass would LOVE an audiobook narrated by Huyang telling me star wars lore lol. I geeked out hearing the preamble to his story

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 3