Texas Basketball 2022-23

shadow_operative

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Has to be a mistake. I've been told this team can't make 3 pointers. 

Seems like a fair worry considering the perceived lack of outside shooters and that Hunter made 27% of his 3s last year. However, the freshman->sophomore jump in shooting percentage usually happens if the player is good enough so we'll see.

On 10/25/2022 at 3:00 PM, realgreggym said:

If you were alive little gooey, you were probably in the middle of being house and toilet trained so you probably don't know that Chaminade beat Ralph Sampson and he never won an NCAA hoops title so thanks for making my point as most of your posts do.

Ok, boomer.

• Drool 1

On 10/25/2022 at 5:56 PM, jimmyjazz said:

I love that GregOldGym seems to be arguing it was impossible to predict how good Ralph Sampson was right before his senior season.  The guy was a two-time Naismith Award winner at the time, and won it again that year.

Man, go take a walk or something.

You're wrong. My comment was that it's great to hear about practice reports but not to get too excited about them. That was the point and then the idiot gooeuy brought up Ralph Sampson and started his crap.

On 10/24/2022 at 9:55 AM, realgreggym said:

I know that you're desperate to prove me wrong on anything. I don't care if he is a 4 time All American. Fall reports mean very little if anything.  I see you showing videos of a kid dunking against air.  Big deal. We will know what we have when the lights come on. I hope everyone one of our kids has spectacular years. If you want to get excited about fall reports good for you.

yeah, i just totally brought up ralph sampson out of nowhere, for no reason at all. 🙄  

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886on0n48uyhn9phk1nbv

Edited by shadow_operative

"i don't care if he's a 6'10" SG/SF from Montrose Christian who was the no.2 overall recruit in his class, who wore #35 at Texas and won every major national POY award as a freshman at Texas..."

"oh you mean Kevin Durant?"

"why are you bringing up kevin durant out of nowhere little gooey, thanks for proving my point as you always do." 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886apyy2ppc19hozk8al8

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 10/24/2022 at 9:55 AM, realgreggym said:

I know that you're desperate to prove me wrong on anything. I don't care if he is a 4 time All American. Fall reports mean very little if anything.  I see you showing videos of a kid dunking against air.  Big deal. We will know what we have when the lights come on. I hope everyone one of our kids has spectacular years. If you want to get excited about fall reports good for you.

@realgreggym I can help clear up the confusion. You made the overly hyperbolic statement that you don’t care if somebody is a 4 time All American. @shadow_operative pointed out the absurdity of that statement with the Ralph Sampson example … because he was a 4 time All American. This isn’t rocket science. You went too far with your assertion. Of course you aren’t the only poster guilty of that. 

18 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

@realgreggym I can help clear up the confusion. You made the overly hyperbolic statement that you don’t care if somebody is a 4 time All American. @shadow_operative pointed out the absurdity of that statement with the Ralph Sampson example … because he was a 4 time All American. This isn’t rocket science. You went too far with your assertion. Of course you aren’t the only poster guilty of that. 

No, you don't understand.  Let's say Vince Young came back for his senior year.  We would have no idea how he'd perform during that season, and certainly couldn't use any info from August 2-a-days to further that projection.  I mean, you just don't know.  Who could predict what a redshirt senior Vince Young might do?  It's a puzzler.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

every player i've seen looks like he's in better shape than last season.

EC0425D1-EA71-4958-A77D-03395D21A459.jpeg

I'm expecting big things from Bishop, he improved by leaps and bounds during the season.  He became a better offensive player, and I hear everyone who thinks we don't have a rim protector, but he was pretty damn good final third of the season.  With a healthy Disu, I think we'll be fine there.  And don't forget Mitchell.

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

it is going to be loud as shit in here.

I want you to personally chase some fans up into the lounge areas because you're being too loud as a fan or I'll consider it a failure of a day. 

Thank you for the photo and video. They're much appreciated. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

let Jabari Rice's mom, very nice woman. told her how excited we all are about her son playing for us. i really think he could be an x factor for this team. looking forward to seeing him in action this afternoon.

"I told her how excited we all are about her son playing for us except for one octogenarian who played basketball for UT when the ball was still made out of stone. But besides him, we're all excited."

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

the team defense this year will be elite. we were up in arkansas' shit all day, constantly turning them over. arkansas eventually wilted under the pressure. this defense is for real.

They had 23 turnovers 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

On 10/27/2022 at 2:48 PM, realgreggym said:

You're wrong. My comment was that it's great to hear about practice reports but not to get too excited about them. That was the point and then the idiot gooeuy brought up Ralph Sampson and started his crap.

If your point is to not get ‘too excited’ about preseason, why the fuck are you posting here at all right now?